• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Post-Mission Twelve: A Game of Cat and Minkan

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
YSS Kaiyo
Wardroom

The little blue neko sat alone in the Wardroom of the Kaiyo II poking at some leftovers she'd managed to scavange for herself, with a sigh she sat so far back on her stool that her legs hit the underside of the table while her body was upside down. With hair spilling over the floor she held the bowl right way up and began to eat upside down, "Huh, I imagined it would feel different but this is still weird."

Bloodloss was one hell of a thing, Wyatt's usually olive skin tone had been bleached white after his visit to the med-bay a few hours ago, he had tried sleeping it off but no matter what he tried he could not get any. Luckily today had been fairly quiet otherwise so he decided to grab a tall glass of orange juice and mope around the Wardroom so that he didn't get in anybody's way. So there he was, the overly serious marksman had his head down in his arms looking like he had a hangover as he sat down at table, somehow missing the nearby inverted neko and her shenanigans in his stupor.

A low groaning sound could be heard, he may have an oddly high pain tollerance but this was something else entirely.

Shasse had watched him enter the room with an inquisitive look on her face, the left-overs momentarily forgotten as the marksman entered and collect some juice. With a slow almost excrutiatingly slow pace she floated off her chair and rotated to be the right way up once again, "Heeeeey there buddy, liking that orange juice?" She inquired floating over to him with her leftovers in hand.

Wyatt raised his head up with a loud sniff as his squinted eyes adjusted to the harsh lighting, the face of Shasse emerged from the ball of white light and he sat fully upright. "Apologies.. I didn't see you there" he spoke before shifting his focus to the glass of juice and taking a feeble gulp to dampen his dry tongue, he felt like an embarassment to the title of 'marksman' in his current state.

"So, how are you?" he asked, in a very un-Wyatt way that almost sounded compassionate.

Shasse blinked and looked him up and down, poking him once in the chest for good measure, "Your skin looks funny, well compared to usual that is I mean I am blue. So why is that?" The neko had a strange look on her face wondering why his complexion had changed.

Wyatt swayed a little when he was poked, as if he had no structure to his form. He sniffed and answered, "I probably shouldn't be saying this but those AB negative bags of blood you apparently like so much, guess who they come from", he took another sip from his glass after he had finished speaking.

"Y'know I thought Sacre just made it or something and the fridge had an infinite supply, since that's how the food works." Shasse spoke matter of factly and crossed her arms as though Wyatt had just insulted her somehow. With a pouted face she poked him again, "Look at you, all wobbly and weak, bet you couldn't even best me in any kind of contest. Even if you weren't missing your skin colours."

"I'm not too sure about that" Wyatt said before finishing off the glass "Might just mean you'd have a fighting chance, what with me lacking one of my vital bodily fluids and at a considerable handicap". He paused for a second, finding it odd to be a stranger in his own body, bloodloss really was as intense as he remembered it to be, except this time it wasn't leaking out onto a muddy hill on some backwater planet.

"What kind of contest did you have in mind?"

"Ahaha, a fighting chance, me? Clearly you don't know your superior when you see them, well then peasant, it's time to go to the VR room so you better be ready to have your butt kicked!" Shasse exclaimed standing up proudly even though she was still shorter than the sitting Wyatt.

Wyatt knew enough about medicine to know that the only reason he felt as if his strength was returning was placebo, that and his stubborness to remain staying down when he was beat, "I guess we will have to see then, won't we?" he spoke after standing up from his seat, he then took the glass back to the kitchen and rinsed it out before returning, his movements were still a little sluggish yet he didn't quite look like he was about to fall over anymore. "are we doing it this very instant?"

"Well of course, what better time is there after all?" Shasse said before scampering off to the previously mentioned VR room where she began to setup her own training scenario as a competition game for them.

While he was in the kitchen, Wyatt had briefly dampened his hands and thrust them into the freezer, the cold was invigourating his body and with this well of energy, he followed Shasse to the VR room, wondering what exactly she had in mind for them.

Upon stepping into the VR room the scene would shift the moment the door closed sending Wyatt into a strange place he wouldn't recognise, in fact it was the derelict ruins of the YSS Kaiyo. Damaged beyond recognition the only object to give it away would be his destroyed mindy suit floating past his face as they appeared to be in 0g.

"Alright buddy, you and I are marksmen so our target aquisition has to be perfect otherwise we'll never see those L'kor, I'm somewhere in this wreckage hiding and you need to find me. A little unconventional compared with sniping but this way it's more fun, GO!" Shasse's voice came to him over comms.

Wyatt instinctively scurried behind a chunk of hull when everything formed around him, a moment later he realized what this all was: a big game of hide and seek where he was the predator stalking his prey although Shasse already had a head start. The marksman picked up a small bit that had broken off of his suit as it flew past before he pushed off of the floor to float upwards. He couldn't see anything indicating where the blue-skinned neko might be hiding so he chose a direction and hurled the hunk of mindy, waiting for some kind of reaction.

Shasse watched the hunk of zesium plating float towards one of the destroyed rooms of the simulated Kaiyo and smiled to herself, coming out silently from behind one of the ships outer plates behind Wyatt she moved right up behind him. "Missed me." She whispered before dropping down impossibly fast and getting behind the shifting pieces of derelict ship.

Wyatt whipped around and almost swung a fist into the Neko but managed to stop it as she shot off again. Although yes she had been silent in her approach, she had just revealed herself and so Wyatt pushed off of a nearby object toward the bit of debris that had a plume of white hair sticking out behind it, he silently landed on the opposite side of it and quickly stuck his head over the edge. "Checkmate" he called out as Shasse came into sight.

The neko grinned back at him with an NSP in hand aimed at his face, "Gotta be more careful than that but I commend you for being able to keep sight of me, so what will you do now?" Shasse cocked her head a little, the pistol not faltering and the neko unmoving.

"Is this how we are doing things is it?" Wyatt spoke, his muscles tensed up as he considered his options, "so be it". As the words left his mouth, Wyatt threw hid body weight back while still holding the debris which made it spin, by the time it had completed a rotation he had dissapeared from sight, with no indication as to where he had gone.

Shasse was slightly taken aback by the sudden movement but quickly adjusted waiting for the plate to finish rotating. When she saw no sign of her partner her head darted from side to side, scanning for any signs of the minkan. "Nice trick Wyatt I guess that orange juice did a wonder on you hahah." The neko laughed before springing off of her perch and floating into the inner portion of the wreck, making her way to the torn apart bridge.

The sound of metal creaking could be heard as the minkan pried off a bit of spear-shaped metal roughly 1.5 meters long and very sharp looking, he wiped a very thin layer of perspiration from his brow. Of course it would devolve into this, nothing was ever as simple as it should be on this ship. Once he was happy with his weapon, Wyatt moved around from cover to cover towards the bridge, he had last seen her head off in that direction but he had lost sight of Shasse along the way.

Shasse found the captains chair and made herself comfortable, she didn't know exactly where Wyatt was but her sensitive neko ears had picked up on his spear shenannigans. "So he's messing with metal, wonder what he's doing." She spoke to herself clicking her broken pistol over and over as she thought before tossing it away and stealthily moving into a maintenance conduit to watch.

Wyatt's elven ears heard the distinctive sound of a pistol being dropped and began to move toward it, whispering into his comms "Does it sound fair if we agree to not use weapons?" he asked as he hefted the spear.

"Well since you seem to have heard my actions already I'll assume you also realise it was empty the whole time, I never wanted to fight you with guns I'm just curios is all." Came an equally whispered reply from the hidden neko.

"It could've jammed" he said as he tried to cover his mistake, feeling really dumb about it "Well should I join you on the bridge?" Wyatt asked as he crouched down low, the commander's chair was in sight next to the pistol that was floating past it.

Shasse let a small grin creep into the corner of her mouth, "Well it looks like that tough guy soldier skin is starting to peel off a little, so yes if you come to the bridge I will have a little surprise for you." The neko spoke with a short giggle at the end, watching the minkan through the cover keeping her hidden from view and twirling her tail around.

"I'll be there shortly" Wyatt said as he lined up the spear and threw it, it soared through the air before embedding itself into the soft lining of the chair. A short moment later and Wyatt was cautiously floating down toward the bridge of the ship, keeping his back to the wall incase he was ambushed.

With the stealthyness of a bright blue and white banner Shasse fired out of the hatch sending the dented metal spiraling into the distance and aimed to attack Wyatt with a surprise kick to the torso. Her ice white hair spilled out behind her like a massive sheet as her shining eager eyes seemed to trail crimson.

Wyatt went with the kick and was staggered into a nearby bank of computer parts, but he quickly recovered and turned around to see Shasse. "and here i thought we were having a fight, seems a little unfair deosn't it?". Wyatt used the lack of gravity to sprint up a wall and push off it, delivering a flurry of bicycle kicks toward her head, that smile was annoying him anyway.

Raising her arms Shasse managed to absorb most of the blows but it wasn't without some consequence as she felt her bones creaking with the sustained pressure. "Nice counter, and I assure you I have no idea what you're implying, this is a fair fight." Shasse grinned floating backwards from the impacts and flipping slowly head over heels.

Wyatt had been slowly spinning with each kick and was now upside down, he was one of the people who had it engrained into them that there was no up or down in space so it mattered not which way you percieved as up or down. "One day that sly grin is going to cost you" he replied bluntly before pushing off the roof in a spear tackle toward the neko.

"Oh ho, big words but this grin has never been wiped off permanantly and I don't intend for it to happen now, so let's see what you got!" Shasse suddenly shot forwards with arms outstretched to meet him, catching one of his significantly longer arms in the face.

With a thudding sound, the two collided and careened away from each other, Wyatt used his genetic ability to control inertia to slow his impact until he meerly bounced off the floor. Wyatt got his bearings and faced where Shasse was last seen, he brought up his hands and did the 'come at me' gesture of waving her toward him, he was determined to wipe that smile off her face.

Happy to oblige him, the little neko regained her balance and flew towards him once more, grinning madly if for no other reason than to spite her opponant. At the last possible second she dodged to his left and brought her knee up to try catching him in the mid-section before bringing her fists down on to where his back would be.

Wyatt let air out of his lungs as the knee impacted his midsection, it stung and he knew he might get hit in the process but his plan was going... according to plan...

The minkan drew air into his lungs again and grabbed the leg that had just impacted him with both of his hands before spinning his body to the left as fast as he could to swing the neko into a row of machines as if her body was some kind of weapon, he was going to wipe that stupid smile away nomatter what.

Feeling the knee connect Shasse had expected the followthrough to go just as well, moments before she was being flung about like a rag doll, as she was beat against the pieces of tech her body was battered, but any bruises were dealt with instantly by her body's synthetic healing ability. The grin still hadn't shifted however and she reached down to grab for his arms.

Instead of trying to step away from the grapple attampt, Wyatt closed the distance and moved his hand around to twist his arm around hers and lock his grip into her hair, with his free hand he began to deliver a series of blows to her lower jaw. "Why" Wyatt spoke in between delivering blows, wham "are" wham "still" wham "Smiling!?". The usually calm and collected Minkan was venting his buried rage at the world at the cost of Shasse's face.

"You are losing" wham "You are failing" wham "How are you happy?" wham"what reason do you have for smiling?!" with the last blow Wyatt released his grip on her hair and sent her flying backwards with a powerful punch, his bloody knuckles were already starting to mend but he cared not one bit, he was releasing all the feelings he had a genetic disposition for burying and it felt good.

Shasse was unable to think straight with the constand punches delivered right to her face as the minkan seemed to lose his cool, her smile seemed to only enrage him further and even though her jaw felt like it would snap off at any second she didn't stop once. As she flew back with blood trailing from her mouth she fell into a coughing fit with more blood from her mouth being propelled in all directions. "Why I never stop smiling? Well for starters it's hilarious to make you angry."

Wyatt dashed over and was about to deliver another flurry of blows when he stopped himself, even in this enraged state he still had some semblance of manners so he took a few steps back. "Get... up" he growled out through gritted teeth. "Why is it hilarious... what kind of benefit do you even get from it, it's a pointless endeavour that does nothing" as he hissed, he could only see his father's usual indifferent expression when he had been one of the top shooters to graduate, not even a 'well done, Wyatt' he despised that man.

Shasse noticed the hidden anger in his eyes, even if she didn't know what it was she could tell it was there, "My my quite the gentlemen, even with the upper hand you stoop to help a foe. As for the benefit I'd say I'm doing better mentally than you at this moment, despite having my jaw almost knocked off, nice punches by the way." Shasse kept talking as though it was a casual chat while rubing her jaw, rolling her shoulders she pushed off a wall of the bridge and lunged again at the minkan. This time dipping below him and reaching for his shirt hem.

Wyatt was about to bring his knee up in retaliation, but time slowed to a crawl as he looked into Shasse's eyes, his anger-filled expression dropped and his eyes widened in terror, he went limp as she slammed into him and made no attempt to fight back whatsoever.

Siezing the moment Shasse grabbed the hem of his jacket and yanked down sending them in opposite directions before twirling in the air, delivering a spinning kick to his back sending him towards a chunk of shuttle that had drifted over. "What happened to you just now, like you saw a ghost or maybe you're ready to admit defeat and I will be crowned the best." Shasse exclaimed triumphently with her hands on her hips.

"I.. I'm so sorry..." Wyatt muttered out after he got over the initial impact, his words seemed haunted as he replayed the scene in his mind. he was about nine when he thought somebody had broken in, he had begun walking down the stairs and he saw.

He saw his father's face as he swung a fist at his mother, and the most vivid part of that memory was the look on his face, the same face Wyatt had seen reflected back at him in Shasse's eyes. He was not going to become that man, he'd end himself before that happened. "I think I'm done here... do you need me to carry you to the medbay?" he asked the bloodied neko.

Shasse cocked her head to one side, s there had definitely been something there hidden deep below his outward tough shell. "You know, I could ask you the same thing, seems like you got some major issues to deal with." Shasse disengaged the VR simulation and the pair was left standing only metres apart. Without saying a word the little neko moved over to stand beside the minkan and took one of his much larger hands in her own, clasping his hand she moved forwards with the intent to lead him to the medbay. Shasse didn't understand complex feelings all too well but she knew he most likely wouldn't go if left alone.

Wyatt had gotten so caught up in his rage and anger that he forgot it was only a simulation, he was only reminded of the fact after everything had returned to normal or at least some sense of it, Wyatt felt different and he didn't think it was the bloodloss' fault this time. The minkan felt as if he had been wearing a blindfold for a long time and was only now seeing a sunset, an idea came to his mind - sure he had never been a drinker infact he stayed away from the stuff but he knew he couldn't talk freely unless he was under the influence of something and he did not wish for that something to be another bout of anger.

"Do you drink? alcohol that is" He halted his walking and asked, he at least owed her somewhat of an explanation for... whatever he had just gone through.

A slightly confused look, "Why? Is it good?" Despite how she acted during their battle Wyatt had a lot yet to experience inculding the extent of the social naivety. "Well I'm sure if I don't then I'll find something else, I still think you should talk to one of the medics though." The neko said with concern creeping into her voice.

"I don't actually know, I've never had anything alcoholic before" Wyatt said, blinking a few times at the fact he had chosen to not partake in something so normal and socially acceptable. "I appreciate your concern and I will go to the medbay soon enough..." he paused as he tried to figure out the wording of his next statement.

"I want to relax before I get ready for potentially bad news" he finally said, the words felt alien as they left his throat.

"You want to relax before bad news? What bad news are you expecting though, we just got home to the kikyo sector and we've got another task to complete so what could be bad about that?" Shasse asked inquisitively stopping in her tracks.

"Enough of this stopping and starting, lets sit down and then we can talk, okay?" Wyatt asked, he would talk but not here.

"Well then lead the way, I'm all ears and only a little bit tail." Shasse said waiting to see where he would go.

Wyatt gave naught but a nod as he lead Shasse through the halls of the Kaiyo, back to the Wardroom where this had all started, it seemed like a fitting place and the most likely place he'd find alcohol short of kicking down the door to somebody else's private quarters. "I say we spread out to cover more ground, then we meet back at one of the tables once we have found some, agreed?" he spoke with that same voice he used when on a mission, more by habit than on purpose yet he hardly noticed it anymore.

Shasse wondered why they had returned to the wardroom before hearing Wyatt's plan, "Oh sweet, hide and seek but with drinks this time huh. Well guess I'll go to the kitchen first then maybe Miko left some behind before he transferred."

"He seems like the type that'd do that" Wyatt said before moving into the refigerated area of the kitchen, he opened the door and began looking around the cool room, he wasn't finding anything amongst the rows and rows of produce. The sound of something sliding across the floor made his elven ears twitch before he realized it was the door, the marksman tried the handle but it would not budge no matter how much he tugged at it. He peered through the small, frosted over window and saw a printout that read: DOOR HANDLE IS BUSTED, PROP OPEN WHEN USING, SHOULD BE FIXED WITHIN THE HOUR.

He then looked down beside the door and found a bottle of something exotic-looking covered in a thin layer of frost, he picked it up and banged his other fist on the door to get Shasse's attention although the thick door and walls muffled his actions.

As Shasse poked around the kitchen her ears had picked up the click of the door shutting and hadn't taken much notice of it as her tail kept swishing above the counter top as she kept her face below the top. Peeking through the cupboards she gave a slight purr when she also found something interesting, that seemed hidden almost...

Standing up she scouted the wardroom for Wyatt and when she coudln't see him she got slightly worried, the click sound came back to her and she focused her hearing on listing for small sounds. Barely able to make out the tapping from within the freezer she floated over and peered through the glass to stare at Wyatt before giving him a wave. "Silly Wyatt, minkans aren't meant ot be frozen that's the popsicle's job." She tutted opening the heavy door.

He breathed a sigh of relief as the door pivoted open, "Thankyou kindly" he spoke as he moved to stick the OOO notice on the door, shivering the tinyest bit. Wyatt presented his bottle of, presumably, alcohol of some variety for inspection. "Did you find anything?" he asked his neko compatriot, cradling the bottle in his arm carefully,

Shasse nodded and held out her own bottle, not unlike the one Wyatt had found, "Guess Miko really did leave some around, mine was hidden how about yours?" Shasse asked twirling the bottle in one hand.

"I would say it was more out of the way than hidden but close enough I suppose" Wyatt replied before nodding his head toward the tables and handing Shasse his bottle. "Go sit down and I'll bring some glasses"

"Oho pulling some rank I see, yes sir right away sir." Shasse smirked and moved off to do as he'd instructed taking the bottle and making her way to the table juggling the two in the air as she went. "I hope you are prepared to lose this match as well Wyatt, I may not drink but alcohol has no effect on me... Actually I don't think it affects you either."

"I may rank higher than you but I don't rank over you if that makes sense" Wyatt responded as he crouched down to grab two glass mugs that looked clean enough, he got back up and the realization hit him, of course they wouldn't be affected, their bodies were built to be immune to all kinds of things with poison among them. "Well not everything has to be a competition you know, even I slow down from time to time and hell, you know my reputation" he spoke, cocking his head a little at how easily he was being sociable or at least moreso than he usually was.

The minkan moved over to the table and set a mug down in front of each of them before taking a seat across from Shasse. "So, which one do we try first?" Wyatt asked, gesturing to the two bottles.

"A higher up who doesn't want to use his power, and the collapsing social wall he built around himself." Shasse mused quietly to herself with an almost, intelligent, look on her face before it was quickly wiped away by her childlike grin once more. "I'd say we try yours first, it'll go warm otherwise." The little neko easily plucked to stopper from the bottle before pouring Wyatt and then herself a glass. "All's well that tastes like sweets!" She spoke before gulping hers down and making a sour face.

Wyatt made no comment and instead took a swig out of his own mug, his face contorted in disgust as the foul liquid raced through his mouth and burned his throat despite its chilled nature. He wasn't sure why, but he quite liked the feeling it made on its way down, "It's foul" he began speaking "But... I actually like it... huh"

"Well then, what were you going to tell me?" Shasse sat on her chair swinging her legs in the air and already pouring herself the next glass. "It's not as sweet as I hoped for but I guess it tastes nice enough."

"Well bear with me because I'm sure my social ineptitude will make it painful to sit through but here I go" Wyatt paused and took a deep breath before he spoke. "Well for starters I am truely sorry about my... outburst... for a lack of a better word, back there. I know I'm not the kindest nor the most open person so I'll try to explain as best I can, My father was never the most emotionally available person and neither was his dad so I guess that genetic trait is a strong one, I always felt this need to fill his boots to make him proud yet he never was and I suppose this whole 'bottling up my emotions' thing is just to do with how I was raised."

Wyatt began to fill up his own glass before continuing with that deep, baritone voice of his "I won't use it as an excuse for my actions and I will not seek pity from others but just know... I really am trying so hard to not be the same man as my father"

Wyatt placed the bottle back and let out a long sigh "I truely do not hope it is the case but if I am deemed unfit for service after trying to tell a professional what is going on with me then so be it, but know that while it was by no means acceptable behaviour on my part, I believe that outburst was what I needed and I thank you deeply, Emiko-hei" Wyatt had said what he needed to say and slammed back another glass of the foul liquid, his reaction this time was a lot more tame than that of the first tasting as he looked off at nothing in particular.

The little neko looked up at the larger minkan, who only minutes ago had been pummelling her in the face repeatedly was now thanking her over it. Shasse was no expert on behaviours and the likes, nor was she even qualified to help people in any way other than killing their enemies. "It's ok sir, you can drop the formalities Shasse will do. Or you can try and make up a new nickname for me, I have a few." The neko put on her usual cocky grin, "And you're very welcome, it was actually kinda fun having a proper fist fight with no mindys we should do it again sometime."

Wyatt leaned back in his seat a little bit as he realized something, no matter what he had seen get thrown at the smaller neko, she always bounced back for whatever reason, the minkan found that to be an ammendable quality. "How do you do it?"

"How do I do what?" Shasse replied a little confused by his question as she considered the bottle before her while her eyes moved towards the kitchen once more.

"How do you simultaneously be so caring towards people, yet also care so little when they wrong you?"

The little neko turned her head up in an over exaggerated thinking pose, "Well I guess I just... that's a story for another time. If you survive our next assignment come and see me and we can chat again." Shasse's smile had changed from her usual cheeriy one to something that seemed to hide a sadness behind her eyes. "For now I think I'll grab a snack and head to my cabin, it was fun today I had a great time talking and playing, see you again sometime?"

Wyatt gave a curt nod, "Fair enough, we all have our reasons" he spoke before abruptly getting up and offering a hand shake. "Until next we meet"

"Indeed" Shasse spoke, another mischevious look crossing her face before she performed a courtsey, hands outstretched. At the lowest point she kissed Wyatt's outstretched hand before throwing her body backwards and over performing a backflip cartwheel and dashing off down the hall.

A very confused Minkan was left with his hand out as the neko moved away, he looked down at his hand then back to where she had gone then back to his hand before lowering it and letting out a disorientated "Huh" that echoed through the empty Wardroom.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back