• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Potential Weapons?

How can something loose kinetic energy and gain it at the same time? It seems like you're saying the projectile would be speeding up, yet you also say the accelation would be caused by it loosing power. Also, why would an object loose kinetic energy in a resistance-free environment like a vacuum?

Well the object gaining speed as it loses power is a effect of being above the speed of light, I know that much for sure. As for the theory of solid objects travelling above the speed of light, it comes from a theory developed by theoretical NASA scietnists I read in a book.

I'm not suggesting converting the object into Tachyons, and as I said this is at the development stages. I'm simply trying to develop a system in which a projectile goes above the speed of light and thus can use the ultra-relativistic quirks of physics for it's destructive benefit.

Still thanks for the feedback, even more would be apreciated so I can try to adapt my ideas to the nature of cruel hard facts.

Tachyons are weird as far as the math goes, the easyest way to use them would to simply fire them in beam form, or generate a mass of tachyons and fire them at the target.

The problem would be before shooting them off, to store tachyons you would need some sort of system to contain infinite power which is impossible, the other possibility would be to generate them outside of your craft, or along a track of some sort so that they are fired out as they are produced.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back