• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Power Supply Basics?

Kayto Styles

Inactive Member
How much power do all the different batteries hold? Like the BU-P50R Large Style batteries or the small? And the voltage of them? And how much energy is expended in them per shot? What's the highest allowed voltage the guns could take without frying the circuities?

Just some information I couldn't find anywhere an that I would like to get my hands on.

BU-P50R is 600 Volt, 1388 AH, I believe.

Wes said:
BU-P50R is 600 Volt, 1388 AH, I believe.

That doesn't answer all my questions :? You guys asked me how mine was powered and how it worked so I need to know all of your power sources for later refrences to tinker with them. And can I make my own battery packs to buy and carry around? How big would you say the BU-P50R is? And it's weight?

The BU-P50R is about the size of your average paperback book and weighs about a kilogram.

You know, the setting could use a good standard set of generic batteries like the AAA, AA, C, D, etc we use in real life. Something that all the factions could use and that designers could use instead of having to make some sort of custom battery that only works in one particular weapon. If we can have (and should have) standard ammunition types we can have standard gun batteries too.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back