• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Eight: The Clash of Four Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal Cyan

The Cyan Neko
YSS Kaiyō II
Dojo
25日 6月 YE 39
1200 Hours

After receiving her new swords, Hanna Madsen had slightly altered her training routine so as to better prepare her body for swordsmanship. She still performed her daily lifts and runs, however, she had slightly abbreviated the running and lifting segments of her training to make room for sword exercises. After downloading a martial arts manual, she went through her kata exercises and practiced her swings with weighted practice blades made in the fabrication bay. After a kata, she would practice her swordsmanship in the VR Room. However, Hanna knew that she was making little progress with her methods of training. Without a skilled and live opponent to fight against, her skills would never truly be tested.

Once she had completed her physical training, Hanna went to the Observation deck to find William. The boy had seemed distraught over the past few days, but the cyan Neko prayed that she could learn something from him, if anything.

Observation Deck

William had remained in the corner of the observation deck, after the frightening vision he had while he was meditating. His head tucked into his arm and knees drawn to his chest. He was still recovering when he heard footsteps and quickly whipped the tears away that stained his face, and rubbed his eyes. When he looked up he found Hanna. Of all people, Hanna sort of intimidated the Nepleslian. He stood quietly and bowed slightly. “Hello…”

Standing there in her exercise uniform, Hanna placed her hands on her hips as she registered William’s tear stained face. Immediately, her features crossed into a frown.

“What are you doing here...crying like a newborn Neko, why aren’t you with the princess or Rei?”, Hanna asked matter-of-factly. “Maybe that’s why Hoshi banned you from combat duties. If something as minor as this is enough to upset you, then maybe you’re not strong enough for war.”

Hanna would see a change in William’s demeanor. His sadness slowly morphing into rage. “It is none of your concern what I do.” He growled. “And you could never understand why this upsets me so... “ He added, his voice slowly rising.

“If you’re upset, then add more weight to your practice swords and beat the life out of an AI in the VR Room. But this”-Hanna said as pointed to the corner-“is useless.”

“What’s the point?! If I can not fight then why should I? It helps nothing anyway!” He barked back.

“You’re a coward. No one told you to stop training. Why would you do so now?”, Hanna asked as she gazed at William with a challenge in her eye.

“Fight me William. Right now, in the dojo. We’ll fight with practice swords and no armor. Stop hiding down here and test your skills. You have nothing to lose, why quit now?”, asked Hanna in a harsh tone.

The Nepleslian boy gritted his teeth. “I am no coward. If I have to beat that lesson into you, you pompous Neko, then I will!”

“Good. Meet me down there in five.”, Hanna stated as she turned on her heels and left the deck.

William balled his fists, his nails digging into his palms drawing blood. Little droplets dripping from his fingers as he stormed into his room to prepare.

Dojo

William entered, wearing his sleeveless vest and his two black training swords on his hip. He walked to one corner of the dojo and took a deep shuddering breath, channeling his anger and sadness deep down and into something he could use in his fight. He payed no mind to Hanna’s kata exercises as he finished his pre-fight ritual.

Hanna was wearing a sports bra and volleyball shorts in the type 40 configuration. After completing her kata, Hanna turned towards a nearby bench and picked up her two practice swords. Both blades were shaped with the same radical curve of her elven blades.

The cyan Neko turned around, eyeing her opponent down for a few seconds before she shifted into a combat stance.

William closed his eyes tightly, then opened them and turned around to face Hanna. He held a blade out at her. “Terms of the fight?” He asked coldly. When he had his swords in his hand, he seemed like a different person. Cold and calculating...

“MEGAMI will decide. Let’s fight.”, Hanna stated, her tone somewhat mirroring Williams’s cold visage.

William seemed to almost smirk. “Feel free to use your Neko abilities… I like a challenge.” He added dropping into his stance.

Dropping down into a low stance, Hanna launched from the ground and into the air, utilizing her natural flight to charge directly at William. Her first strike was predictable and robotic, a flying single blade strike aimed at her target’s ribs. William, to his credit, did not flinch. He remained rooted in place until the very last possible second. Then he launched his counter attack. He dropped low, bringing a sword up to deflect the strike. As her velocity brought her over him, he took the butt of his second blade and drove it up into her gut with a roar.

Hanna’s blades clashed with William’s as she flew past and landed just behind him. The cyan Neko utilized her shorter height to aim a two bladed strike at William’s knees.

William had left himself open after his initial counter attack and cursed as he tried to avoid the strike. He dove sideways and rolled back to his feet. “Come on!” He yelled, dropping back into another stance.

After witnessing William’s reaction to her low strike, Hanna knew that she had found a weakness. However, she would have to be careful in her exploitation of it. If she did too many attacks like that, her opponent would memorize her patterns and punish her while she was in the most vulnerable position of attack.

Once again, The cyan Neko pressed her advantage against the Nepleslian. Hanna lunged towards William and feinted her left blade at his chest while aiming a right handed strike at his thigh.

William knew that he could not beat her with speed or strength. But he knew that if he could out think her and trust in Rei’s training he would give her hell. He brought both swords up for defense, blocking both strikes with a flourish and taking another step backwards.

The cyan Neko jumped into the air, and without utilizing her gravity emitters aimed an athletic-looking attack at the boy’s chest.

William smirked, a mistake on her part. He deflected the strike with his off hand and sliced upwards with his other sword, aiming directly at the elbow of her outstretched arm.

Hanna yelled out as the attack struck her elbow, almost causing her to drop her weapon. Fortunately, she landed on her feet and shifted back into a combat stance, her left blade held sideways in front of her, and her right in an attack position.

William felt satisfied as his blade made contact with her arm, and he mirrored her as she took her stance. ‘My turn…’ He thought. He sprinted forward, feinting with his left sword but holding his right in reserve. Hanna spun backwards as she aimed an arcing strike at his torso with her left blade and primed her right blade for an overhead attack.

William’s right sword came up to stop the strike to his chest but he couldn't stop the strike to his head. The blade hit with a nice *thwack.* William cursed stumbling back, feeling blood start to run down his face. No time to deal with it now… He brought both swords up. “Now you’re making me really mad…” He growled, charging at her.

Hanna’s lowered into her stance and pointed her swords forward as William charged at her. At the last second, Hanna retracted her hands and aimed two slashes at his head and chest respectively. The Neko seemed to be treating this as if it was a live fight.

William grinned again as he saw his opportunity. A dual strike like that was great against a normal opponent, however, as a Twin Dragon user himself he had one blade to block and one to strike. He brought his left blade up to deflect the two blows, and brought down his right sword against her midsection, and he followed up the strike with a kick to the same spot.

The Neko felt the wind leave her lungs as the blows connected. In an apparent defeat, Hanna fell to her knees as her practice blades fell to the floor while she struggled to retain her breath.

William let out a long shuddering breath, his own blades dropping to his sides as the blood ran down his face. He wiped the blood and sweat from his blades and slid them into place on his sides, and walked forward. As he reached Hanna, he knelt down and forced her to straighten up. However, instead of the gloat she was expecting, William simply said softly, “You won’t get air like that. Straighten your body out.”

The defeated Neko looked up at William with confusion and rage crossing her features as she continued to struggle for breath. Reluctantly, Hanna laid down on the mat. Soon, the Neko’s breath returned and she once again regained the ability to speak.

“Bask in your victory, boy!”, Hanna spat towards William as she laid on the mat.

William frowned down at her. “That accomplishes nothing.” He said. He thought to offer her a hand up, but figured that Hanna would rather bite it off than to accept his help. He shook his head, moving to exit. He now had a gaping wound on his head that was going to require stitches…

Hanna’s heart began to race as the sound of William’s footsteps became less intense. The cyan Neko knew that she needed help, yet she would have to swallow her pride to get it.

With a pained gasp, Hanna opened her mouth to speak just moments before the door shut behind him.

“William! I...need your help. I...don’t know how to fight…”, Hanna said in an anguished voice. “After you get stitched up...can you train me?”

William looked back, rather shocked by the request. A neko asking him for help? He never would have imagined it happening. Nonetheless, Hanna needed help… and she had made the effort to ask for it. William set his jaw and nodded. “Then you will learn what I know, granted you follow my instruction.” He replied. “It will not come quickly… I learned this over several years, and I am no master.” William added.

“I...will follow your instruction...teacher…”, Hanna replied with obvious pain within her voice. “You know more than I do...and I will defer to your expertise...William.”, Hanna finished as she stood up.

William smiled to his student. His student? It sounded weird even to himself. He then bowed, as was the proper way to end a match. “Then your training begins as soon as my wound is addressed. We will start tomorrow.” He said standing back up.

“Yes, sensei. We will start tomorrow.”, Hanna chorused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back