• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Eight: Unarmed and Uncertain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunhand4171

The Gunman
YSS Kaiyō II
Wiliam's Cabin
22日 6月 YE 39
0700 Hours

It was early and Hoshi was taking some time before her shift on the bridge to go out of her way to speak with the samurai's apprentice on board the ship. She knocked quickly and without cessation for five seconds before moving away from the door and standing with her hands behind her back.

The young Nepleslian was sleeping soundly in his temporary bunk, when the rapid knocking came. He rolled over and forced himself out of bed, wiping his eyes tiredly. "I'm coming..." He mumbled groggily, as he put on pants and a work out shirt.

When he opened the door, his eyes went wide and he jumped back, and bowed quickly. "I'm sorry, how may I help you Captain..." William said quickly, while his mind screamed 'What is she doing here!'

"What is your position aboard this ship?" Taiyou Hoshi asked him.

"I... I don't have one as far as I am aware, Captain. I am a retainer of the Princess and an apprentice of Sensei Rei." He replied.

"If you do not have a position aboard this ship, why do you carry weaponry at all times?" the blue and white haired captain asked.

"Because I am to guard the Princess of Yamatai. I need them, if I am to be ready at a moment's notice. They are also quite special to me." He added, his eyes flicking to where they were in his room and back to focus on the Captain.

"From this point on, you will not carry weaponry unless you are employed officially by the Star Army of Yamatai. Is that understood?" Hoshi asked.

William's eyes went wide. "What? How am I supposed to protect Aik... her Majesty if I am not armed... and what of my Power armor? I can't even join, I am not of legal signing age yet!" He replied.

"A good reason for you to not be in power armor or with swords," Hoshi replied coldly. "Please understand that."

"You have not seen me fight! I have saved members of this crew with my armor and weapons. I... I can't. I am useless if I can't fight!" He replied, his emotions coming through now, his normal blank face was now twisted with a mix of shock, anger, and fear.

"That will not be necessary any longer," Hoshi said simply with a face of quietude. It did not look like she was enjoying herself, but it also didn't look like she would lose sleep over this small event in her life.

William's face went slack. "What... what are you saying?" He said, not even able to process the words he heard. "Then what am I to do aboard the ship. You have taken my one task away from me..." He said slowly, fighting back the rising fear in his chest. He swallowed hard as his heart thumped heavy in his chest.

"You may train with your kendo swords and the samurai," Hoshi said. "You may follow the princess as you wish if she wishes it, as well. That is what you may do. You are a civilian aboard my ship and it will stay that way until you have acquired a more official role."

Tears tried to fight their way to William's eyes, but he shut them tightly, and turned away from the Captain. "Anything else Captain?" He asked through his clenched teeth, anger bubbling to the surface of his hurricane of emotions.

"Yes," Hoshi said and for the first time, a grimace showed on half of her lips. It was gone a moment later. "That is all."

"Then as I no longer have any tasks for today I will be returning to bed." He said quickly turning and moving to close the door. It was becoming harder to keep his emotions in check. The young warrior could no longer fight, and he didn't know how to process it.

Hoshi strode away from the door, bending her head down as she did so.

William pushed the door shut and slid down to his knees, the tears finally bursting forth, unable to hide them any longer. His hand balled up into a fist and he punched the ground, tears streaming down his face. What was he supposed to do now... He had no purpose anymore...

YSS Kaiyō II
Wiliam's Cabin
0300 hours

William awoke from another long nap, however he felt just as tired as when he had first went to lie down. He sighed softly and rolled from his bed, deciding it was better than wasting his time once again. He thought about training… but what was the point? He wasn’t allowed to fight any longer. It was the one thing William thought himself good at and it was taken from him. He placed his head in his hands as he thought desperately for something, anything to stop his mind from wandering. After several moments, he still could not think of anything to do. He threw on some clothes and walked out into the hall.

All of William’s napping had thrown off his circadian rhythm and it was currently 3am shipboard time. He stuck his hands into his pockets and began wandering about the vessel. He moved silently through the corridors, much like a specter as he walked. As he poked his head around a corner, he found the door to the observation deck.

He padded softly inside, looking up to find a star field drifting by as the ship moved. He was enthralled by the passing stars as they flittered by the window. He moved and sat in a corner, his back against the walls he staired up into the stars.

William looked back down and closed his eyes, placing his thumb and forefinger together on each hand and began meditating something he had not done in a long time…

“William… why are you here?” A very familiar voice called out.

William frowned, and his eyes opened slightly. “I’m medi…” As his eyes opened he was no longer on the Kaiyo. He was in a Dojo, and across from him was Wila…

The female opposite William snickered. “You don’t belong here. Children will only get themselves hurt.” She said walking towards him. William crawled up the wall and reached for his swords, coming up empty handed. His heart pounded in his chest as the neko giggled. “Look at you… nothing but a scared child.”

“You don’t know anything!” William retorted, his hands moving to a ready stance for hand to hand combat.

The neko smiled and continued forward, undeterred by William’s stance. “You are nothing now. You never were anything, little William.”

William’s eyes stung as he charged at her, his fist clenched, but with a meager back hand William was sent across the room. William hit the wall and let out a gasp of pain. He staggered to his feet. “You know nothing about me!” He growled.

“Oh I don’t? But William I am you. I know your darkest fears. Shall I show you them?” Wila replied.

William looked mortified. “No… no please.”

Wila snapped her fingers and the floor opened up and he began falling…

After sometime he felt weightless, and seemed to just be floating in nothingness. He tried to call out but no one was there. He screamed louder, for someone, anyone. But still he was alone.

Tears began to stream down William’s face as he became more and more scared. “Wila please! Please stop!” Still there was only silence. He seemed to float there for eternity, scared and alone.

William closed his eyes tightly wishing for his hell to end. When he opened them again, he found himself still meditating in the corner of the observation deck. He felt a lump in his throat as he pulled his knees into his chest and he placed his head in his hands, curling into a ball.

Wila’s words still ringing in his ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back