• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Nine: Kazoku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunhand4171

The Gunman
Komorebi

The planet had been cleared of L'Kor and no installations had been found besides the vessel that the YSS Kaiyō II had counter attacked and downed with some extreme piloting and weapons usage by the bridge crew.

Meanwhile on the ground, well more literally above the ground by several dozen meters as the waves of L'Kor filtered into the area surrounding the cabin. Wil had been among those and Rei had not yet congratulated him on the victory, but she had only just left the princess' VIP cabin. She had not been detaining the princess, but was strict. Perhaps too strict, it could be said.

William had returned from his scouting mission only half an hour before and landed back by the cabin, taking all the damage that he and the away team had caused. He was honestly amazed by the piles of L'kor bodies they had left behind them. As he looked around, he was beginning to feel the adrenanline leaving his body.

Rei surveryed the land and walked up to William's position and then hovered in the air close to the tall boy. She said to him lighthearted words in a severe tone of voice and then went about putting her head down in line with her hip as she bowed to him.

"You did well in battle. I worked with the MEGAMI of the ship to get visual feed." Rei nodded to him, "Take off your armor and we'll enjoy whatever Janna-san prepared."

William was surprised by Rei's appearance, but returned the bow all the same. As he stood back up, he removed his helmet and smiled broadly like a child. "Thank you Mama." He said steping foward. "I am glad I made you proud." He said as he started the trek back to the ship. He was ready to get out of his armor and take a shower.

Rei did not slow in her step as she followed behind her student.

Several Minutes Later, Aboard YSS Kaiyo II

After returning to the PA bay and dismounting the armor, he quickly returned to his room and took a much needed shower, putting on his usual attire before meeting back up with Rei to go eat. His stomach growled as they approached the mess, and he realized how hungry he was. "I wonder what Janna-San has cooked up today. I'm hungry!" He said as they entered.

"Hai!" was all said in reply as she looked at the food and then the cook herself. "Arigatou gozaimasu."

"Hello William!", Janna said with a charming smile. "I've cooked up a few things for dinner. We have General Yui's Chicken, white rice, and steamed buns!", she added in a cheerful voice. "Enjoy!"

"Again, thank you," Rei said, then nudged Wil before picking up a plate and getting three steam buns.

When he got bumped by Rei, William nodded to Janna. "Thank you Janna-San." He said before grabing a plate and loading it up with food.

Rei brought them to dojo and sat them down on the carpeted area in front of the white-washed hardwood floor. "Sit, musuko." Rei then began to tear into her steam buns in between looking up at the mirror on the bow-side of the ship. She was watching Wil.

"Hai." He said as he carefully set his massive plate of food down. When he said he was hungry, he meant it. He then plopped down onto the floor and smiled warmly to Rei. "I can't remember the last time we got to eat togther Mama." He said as he began digging into the food.

"It is not often I feel up to doing so. The various cooks and I have understandings about the best time to go and eat with nobody around. Keep that between us." Rei leaned close to Wil and whispered, "There are many things that stay between us."

William nodded with a mouth full of food. He swallowed and then smiled again, all to happy to keep Rei's secret. When she leaned in, he looked a little more seroius. "Of course Mama." He replied.

She moved away from him and soon had finished two buns before she was setting down her plate. She asked William after she had, "What do you think of ending the life of others?"

William considered the matter carefully before speaking. After several moments, he spoke softly. "It is not something to take lightly... however, if they are to harm me, my family, my friends, or this ship then I will put them down." He replied seriously.

"Maybe this isn't the time to talk about such things, Rei said softly. "What is your favorite thing about meeting the Elves, musuko?" She loved the memory of entering the Elven habitat in Xiuluria.

William thought back to the day and he smiled warmly again. He dug into his shirt and pulled the small necklace out. It was the small crystal necklace that the elder had given him. "I liked talking to the elder. She was very nice." He said. "I also liked getting to hang out with you and Princess Aiko." He added.

Rei smiled while looking off to the distance of the mid-sized dojo. She got to her feet and asked, "Are you done eating?"

He looked down at his plate empty plate and nodded. "Yes. All done." He replied, standing as well.

She worked her way over to her spot in the center of the dojo up front, standing with her back to the mirror and asked, "Are you ready for kata?"

William nodded and moved to the other end of the dojo. "Of course Mama." he replied. His face seemed to go blank, and his whole demanor changed. "Ready."

She went throught he movemets with stealth and grace with Wil following along with like xxxx and then Rei finished them up by starting a bow with Wil.

Wil followed along with the movments, mirrioring Rei movments well. Rei noticed that he had done much better than when he was back at ZHS. His movments had become faster and more fluid than before.

"Good, ie. Let's go over with yout swords. Go get the one with the Kaiyō's reclaimed materials." Rei added, "Fast. Don't leave me waiting."

"Hai!" he said sprinting off towards his room. He returned several minutes later with all three swords. Both his normal swords were on his hips and his massive Kaiyō sword in his hands. He moved across the room once more and nodded again. "Okay, I'm ready." he said getting into his stance and holding only the one sword in both his hands.

Rei moved in on William without removing her hands from behind her back.

William dodged out of the way quickly, diving to the side and rolling back up into his stance. It looks like she wasn't going to go easy on him, but the student had learned much in his many battles. He set his feet and prepared for the next charge.

She pushed forward and then buckled her leg and was beneath her student and then was behind him.

William spun, dropping low to avoid the incoming attack that he expected was coming. He gritted his teeth, as he brought his blade up to defend himself. She brought her hand down and was ready to drop her wrist on him.

He used the flat of his blade to block her hand and jumped backwords away from the strike.

She sternly said, "Hai, yes." She moved away from him and then lunged forward again.

In a suprise turn of events, William charged towards Rei and swung the flat of his blade upwards as he dropped under her. Rei then jumped eight feet in the air away from him.

William slid and planted his foot, and spun back around to face his mentor once more. He grinned at Rei, knowing that he was able to stop the attack. However, he would not let himself get over confident. He readied himself once more as he began to circle around her.

Rei herself let a smile spread across her face and she took up a very different stance as she said, "Yame, yame. You need no more training like this. Who else have you been training with, musuko?"

"I have been training Hanna-San. She even calls me Sensei." He said with a grin. "You have taught me so well, Mama, that others want me to teach them." He added lowering his sword and sheathing it in the scabbard on his back.

Rei led him back to the carpeted area and then said, "Let us go," before readying her things. She brought him to the wardroom again to drop off their plates and utensils. Eden stopped them in the wardroom, looking around diligently before she did. She put a hand close to Rei's and Rei nodded, then Eden gripped her hand and a second later, she had let go and the two exchanged looks before walking away from one another. Rei looked to Wil.

"Come on, Musuko."

William moved to drop off his plate when he saw the exchange. "What the..." He muttered softly to himself, though he should have known better. However, the sight just seemed so odd to him. He was broken from his thoughts as Rei called him once more. "Yes, Mama." He said, dutifully following after her. 'Something is off...' he thought.

She brought him to the observation room several decks up, at the top of the ship. She entered first and nodded to where he was to sit.

As they walked, William analysed the scene in his mind over and over again.'What are they hiding?' He thought as he moved to the place Rei told him to sit at. He sat down and looked up to watch the stars passing by. "I haven't been back up here in awhile." He said absently.

"Hai..." Rei said, preoccupied. "Do you know what you would do if you were injured, musuko?"

William looked to Rei for a moment, then slowly shook his head. "No... I don't know what would happen." He replied honestly. He never let that fear of the unknown hinder him before, however he never had really stopped to consider it.

"What would you want to happen? What do you think could happen?" Rei asked her two questions then looked to the bonsai trees on the shelves underneath the large window to space.

He thought again, then spoke. "I guess I would like an ST back up?" He asked, however he was unsure. "I don't know Mama... I didn't think I could get one since I am not a crew member..." he said looking at his feet.

"If you became one, you could," Rei said. "You could also get Nepleslian mindware."

He thought a bit longer. "But... I won't be accepted as a Samurai... will I?" He asked.

"Hai, you can be a male Eihei, but you must continue to train very hard and to protect the princess no matter what." Rei was taking a very serious tone as her white pupiled eyes looked at the space around them now. "You must pledge yourself if you are to become a samurai."

Willliam nodded fervently. "I will... I want to protect Princess Aiko and to be like you!" He said excitedly.

"Good, good," Rei chimed. "Let us meditate now... Close your eyes, mokuso."

The Nepleslian did as he was told and closed his eyes, clearing his mind of all the new thoughts that started to swirl in his mind... though it was hard. But like always, his mind cleared and he drifted off into his meditation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back