• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Seven: The Angels (Pt. 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrated

The Smollest Smol
🦊 FM of Neshaten
YSS Kaiyo
Just outside the Bridge

Stretching his limbs out as the airtight door slid shut behind him with a thunk, Mochi blinked a few times after accidentally glimpsing directly into a light above the entrance. His feathers swished softly in the light breeze blowing up through the corridor, waving a few golden hairs in his view. It was his turn for tidy-up duty and once he made it down to the Wardroom, he'd meet whoever else Eden had decided to assign to the detail. Despite all the action recently, Mochi was glad to get his hands dirty with something manual even just to break the routine he'd fallen into. Humming a tune he'd picked up from who knows where, the raven leisurely strolled down the familiar walkway.

Quickly joining the emerald-eyed scientist on his route to the wardroom, a miniature form took little, pitter-patter like steps in a run to catch up from the hall. "Hey, Mochi!" She called out to him pleasantly, as she took her place by his side. "Eden told me to work on the wardroom this time. Guess it's a good thing we only had some ramen and fried rice this time. Where've you been assigned?"

Mochi's mood immediately lit up as the melodic voice of the smolbirb carried across the lengthy hall. As Arb-Arb spoke, his smile slowly grew as he realised what had happened. 'Eden, Eden..' the Elysian thought with some amazement. "You're joking, I'm on my way there as well!" he chuckled, shaking his head a little at the thought of their Shosa scheming in her quarters. "I think we know who arranged that." Mochi winked, brushing the hair from his eyes back into a slightly less messy shape as he did.

There was another laugh, "Indeed..." Taking and holding Mochi's hand softly, one of the little one's fingers traced about his palm and wrist passively. As they entered the empty gathering room, Arbles looked up out of the window above them, towards the seemingly unknown starscape.

Warmth blossomed inside him as she took his hand, so smooth and gentle. He squeezed comfortingly as they came into the wardroom and caught her gazing through the small, glass portal. "Isn't it amazing? Nobody from out universe other than us has ever seen those stars." he commented in wonder, admiring them strangely enough with a analytical eye as Arbles looked to the sky.

"Mhm... Even after so long, still we are the first of our kind to be here..." The little one's eyes reflected the starscape surprisingly well, being almost mirror-like for a short time. She shuddered a little, shaking their little bond slightly as she tried to bring her mind to slightly more short-term priorities, such as the messy room they were in. "Ahem," she cleared her throat slightly, "hmm, I'll start on the hibachi area? Follow through with the kitchen?"

Shaking his head to refocus on the task at hand once she coughed, Mochi nodded in agreement. "I'll work backwards, that way we halve the time." he added with a low, logical tone. Reluctantly, he brushed his thumb across the back of Arbles hand gently and released her. His eyes fixated on a small cupboard secreted in a corner, taking a step forward the scientist pressed against the compartment and it popped open dutifully, allowing easy access to all they needed. "Here we go.." the raven ruffled his wing, as had now become habit.

Arbles reached sneakily around Mochi to grab an empty spray bottle and rag, giving him a not-so-secret one-armed hug on her return trip. Humming happily to them both, she seemed to float towards the hibachi, turning it on again and moistening one of the blade-like tools with water from the under-counter faucet. She then stepped back, looking at the empty bottle in her hand and giggled. "Wrong one, this isn't the cleaner!" She set the rag down on the counter before returning to the tiny closet.

Mochi scoured the closet, leaning a little forward as his budding ninja of a girlfriend darted past. As she snuck out what she was looking for, he smiled despite himself and chuckled once she wrapped an arm around him. With one hand, he followed her arm as she pulled away though he didn't attempt to pull her back. Once she was on her ninja assignment (even if it was cleaning up) the Elysian himself grabbed a few sponges and a mop. Placing them slightly outside with a content grunt, he teased at her request "Hang on, let me reload for you Miss Gunner." Quickly scooping up the nearest bottle of fluid, Mochi gave his best underarm toss towards her "Heads up!"

"Aaaaaand SAFE!" The bottle of solution was snatched from the air by her little graspers, followed by a full laugh mixed with a mock cheer. "And team feather wins the game!" The little Shan sung a wordless victory tune as she made her way back over to the heating hibachi, circling around it once to get a scope of this fortress she must tear down, to have a fresh one rise from the, er, rains more than ashes. Placing the bottle down she started to clean off the top of the grill, scraping it repeatedly with the tool, rinsing said tool off, and then scraping again loudly.

Hands flying up in the air for a victory pose, Seino broke down into a fit of laughter. "Whoo! Go feathers!" he managed between breaths as she sang the song of her heroic act. Grinning like a fool, he grabbed up what he had set aside as if his mop was a spear and he was on the warpath. Moving to the other side of the cooking station, Mochi shot a wink to Arblebarble - "I'm gonna need your autograph after this, I'm your biggest fan!" The scientist smirked, turning on the nearest tap as he came to a stop.

Arb-Arb bent forward, the whole area behind her glowing pink as she held her belly laughing for a few moments. Breathing heavily, her laughter started to subside slowly before being kicked up again after a moment of eye contact with Mochi, who despite being on a lower elevation still managed to be taller than her. Her hand rested on the counter next to the hibachi top to steady herself, remaining bent over for minutes more with her hair cascading and hiding her reddened face, gasping for air hyperactively.

As they caught each other's eye and his partner's second wave of near-explosive laughter began, Mochi couldn't stop himself from shaking his head incredulous with a smile like a crescent moon. 'How on Yamatai can she laugh for that long without passing out?!' he could hardly believe as he struggled to hold back from bursting into laughter himself - though if he did they would be doing so all night. During all this he started working the wet sponge forcefully yet rhythmically around the counter, brushing some areas in quick succession as to deeply clean where needed.

Arble, still letting loose the occasional chuckle or two, finished off the hibachi, flicking some water to form a billowing pillar of steam as she turned it off, as a sort of finishing wash. Moving on to the surrounding counter, Arbles sprayed the cleaning solution before applying the rag vigorously, breaking loose some stuck-on pasta and rice and trapping it on the same rag or dusting it to the floor. She seemed to join in the rhythm from Seino's scrubbing across the room, sometimes tapping her fingers onto the bottle like a tiny drum.

Battling the last of the work surface he had been finishing up into submission, Mochi tilted his head a little to one side playfully as she began drumming absentmindedly. He started tapping one foot on the floor with a ringing tone, a half second off sync with their scrubbing. The raven started a low, bass-toned hum to compliment as well - "Mmm-m-m, m-m-m, mm-."

The albatross chuckled a little, shaking her little body in a dance as she strutted back towards the closet, stomping every fourth step as she went, blowing an exaggerated kiss towards the firey man with her. She took out the little sweeper without cessation, clicking it into place with one step, bringing it to the ground with another, and working it through the maze of chair legs around the hibachi in pulse-like movements.

He clicked his fingers a few times, throwing his sponge in the air before grabbing it by one end and hurling it into the closet just before Arbles moved off towards it. As she wiggled her way over, Mochi swayed himself, taking a few steps back from the counter and a few steps forwards - clicking like something out of a gangster movie. The kiss came speeding towards the Elysian like a bullet from a gun and as it struck him, his hands flew to his heart and he fell to his knees, fan-like wings extending spread eagle. "M-My love.. Why?" he managed to keep a straight face against the odds before keeling over in mock horror to the floor.

The miniature albatross blew on her hand as it pointed upwards, dispersing invisible smoke from the barrel. She managed to look at Mochi lying on the floor for about three-quarters of a second before kneeling down next to him, laughing heartily again and ruffling his soft, golden hair into a messy ball. She grabbed his hand and pulled him to his feet, or at least his knees, laughing and smiling and saying, "Because, how else could I do this?" And kissed him directly on the nose, giggling the whole time.

Mochi played his part perfectly as she glided over, despite the obvious signs of stifled chuckles being held back. When his little mountain roughed up his usually unkept hair even more, the pheonix couldn't hold it any longer and let loose a sudden fit of laughter. Along with her helping hand to guide him up, he finished his performance superbly, rewarded with a soft, loving kiss. "Mhm, that's the best reason to do anything." he hummed. An idea sparked and out of nowhere, her partner swept her off her feet into a bridal carry nestled in his arms, causing her to shout momentarily adorably and smile. Leaning down after a moment, he kissed her nose in return - "How about like this?"

"Well if you insist on it..." She left her sentence unfinished, giggling again as a healthy and beautiful red coloration filling in her cheeks above the little smile her mouth had become. Her arm draped up and over, on to Mochi's shoulder, using the handhold to inch upward and meet his soft lips with her own breifly.

Pleasantly surprised at her response, a little crimson spread across his face. Raising her a fraction higher with ease as she wiggled up, he treasured her touch and returned it affectionately with a smile. She was warm against his chest, the little colour in his cheeks fluttered to a more prominent state. The Elysian didn't know what had come over him to have done what he did but he didn't regret it one tiny bit. Mischevously, he smirked "Hmm.. Shall I let you down? Maybe if I get a nice ransom.." Mochi pondered playfully.

Shan wiggled in Seino's grip adorably, jokingly shouting out "Nooooooooo....!" In mock terror. She giggled again, looking around before gently nuzzling into Mochi's chest. "I think the acting should probably be kept to the actors, though." She chuckled this time. her arm which had been on his shoulder booping the scientist directly on the nose.

He raised a blonde eyebrow a fraction, "Oh? I thought we were ready to perform for the Empress for sure!" The Juni grinned, squeezing her gently as she nuzzled then kissing her softly on the forehead. Meeting her beautiful sapphire-and-emerald eyes as he pulled away, he remembered how often he had marvelled at how they could reflect light in such a way it was as if they were glowing with energy. Setting his candyfloss-winged companion back onto terra firma, Mochi winked "You win this time.."

She chuckled again, "And my prize is... NOTHING!" Her pleasant laugh flooded the wardroom again, softly and fully, her little body rocking energetically for a few moments, before she caught her breath and held her gaze with his own emerald-like irises. She clered her throat, blinking nervously for a moment, before softly laughing again and managing to say, "We should, finish up, heh..."

Lowering his gaze slyly with a quiet "Mhm", Mochi slid past Arb-Arb with a knowing look back towards the almost-forgotten mop resting in one corner. Grabbing the smooth wood, he dipped the end into its nearby, battered bucket."I'm sure you'll get a reward at some point, once I figure out what that would be." he called over innocently, hiding his face as he cleaned up what few footprints and debris around the area.

"Ohoho, planning a surprise, are you?" ArblesMarbles picked up the sweeper from where it lay, making grand, steady arcs across the carpet to pick up all the crumbs on it.

"Who knows, who knows. You'll have to wait and see." he smirked conspiratorially at his distorted reflection on the smooth floor, finishing up around the long counter areas and carving great curves through towards his side of the hibachi. Throwing a little distraction in there, Mochi continued "Looks like we're almost done, hmm?"

"Indeed!" Lifting the sweeper up, Arbles walked towards the disposal, triggering the small mechanism to empty one trash container into another. "Just a little bit of polish, and that should be all!" The sweeper, returned to its closet. A second rag, retrieved. Arbles took a spray bottle of furnature polish, moistening the towel-like cloth before beginning to rub the seats of the hibachi with small, circular motions.

Pouring out the remaining contents of the bucket into the nearest sink, he propped the smooth container under one arm. Janitor's polearm in the other, being careful not to slip on his way back towards the roomy closet, Mochi propped the two just inside of it - almost allowing the wood to thwach him on the way out. Snatching up a small, well-worn brush and half empty pot of floor polish he dropped to a knee. Coating the bristles with a thin layer, he set to giving the metallic floor a mirror finish.

Arbles started to hum again after a few minutes, after finishing the tables she joined Mochi down on the floor, working together to finish the job extra-fast. She had worked up a little bit of a sweat by the time they finsihed, an impressively shining and vibrant wardroom having come from the two angels' work. "Phew! That was... Well, it went faster than I thought!" She chuckled a little, wiping her brow.

"Time flies when you're..y'know." Mochi nodded in agreement, sighing from the exertion - Eden would be very pleased with their handiwork for sure. Every work surface was spotless and it was almost like they were on a ship straight out of the yard. He ruffled his fiery wings gently, as had become almost a tick whenever he was content. Having securely stowed everything back inside the lil' closet, the blonde shut the heavy door with a 'thunk'. "How about we sign off and go for a walk?" he tried to suggest as if there was nothing planned, something he apparently needed a little bit of practice on.

"Hmmmmshhhhore!" Regardless if he was hiding something or not, Arbles did like to simply be near Mochi, holding his hand as she took her place by his side and squeezed it. "D'ya want to just wander, or should we plan ahead?" She grinned happily, her slightly flushed face beaming towards his own.

Brushing his thumb gently across the back of her palm in small, precise shapes he smiled down to her, his beautiful partner that he had gone through so much side by side with. "How about we head downstairs and see where we end up?" Seinosuke replied softly as they made their way out of the sparkling Wardroom, footsteps chiming off the walls rhythmically as they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back