• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Six: Knowing what's best, love

Status
Not open for further replies.

META_mahn

YSS Kaiyō
Wardroom
30日 4月 YE 39
0800 Hours

Having eventually fallen asleep, Misaki had let Meissa sleep in her arms from the night before. Meissa barely stirred in her sleep, this time dreaming again for a change. When was the last dream she had? The occasional nightmare didn't count.

Eden had asked the MEGAMI where Misaki was after she had been on the bridge all day and found the captain's suite empty. Surprised to find that she was in the wardroom from the MEGAMI, Eden came through the door expecting to find Misaki eating or having mild conversation with the crew, though the latter was a longshot. Instead, she found Misaki and Meissa and her golden eyes narrowed a moment before the love, trust, and acceptance of what Misaki chose to do washed over her and she went up to the sleeping pair and, avoiding Meissa, touched Saki's shoulder with her hand, sending a telepathic message.

"Hello, my love," was Eden's message, wrapped in feelings of wakeful and alertness— her own current state.

Misaki's eyes fluttered open and she looked up to Eden. She looked down to the still asleep Elysian and simply sent back, "I'm a mother of two now, poor girl needs one."

Eden's black brows created a crease above her nose when she head that and she said one word only.

"What?" Eden's voice was low and squeaky as she said her question.

"No, I didn't adopt her. I'm merely the figure, the one she chose to look up to." Misaki suddenly began to look insanely ashamed, feeling that telling Eden might have been a mistake.

Eden breathed in, calming herself as she looked at Saki, then to Meissa, before looking away. She didn't want to upset Saki by shaming her or questioning her further. She bit her lip, metaphorically and physically, then looked back to the infantry woman.

"So you're her mother," Eden began. "But didn't adopt her?"

Looking up with her sad eyes she reponded, "Yes." She was torn, emotional, and all worked up now. Her ears went down slightly, being too half asleep to gain too much composure.

Eden extended a hand and put it against the crown of Saki's head and ran it down her brunette hair for a moment before speaking again.

"Should we wake her?" Eden asked.

Misaki didn't respond, just looked down to the angel.

Eden nodded, then put her hand on a shoulder— this time, Meissa's. She sent a small message to the Elysian of wakefulness as she had with Saki, though this time, there were no words.

The angel's eyes opened blearily, before Saki could feel the Elysian's powerful muscles go taut as she did a small stretch.

"I...dreamed last night." she mused to herself. "That's new."

Eden looked, wide-eyed, at Meissa before her yellow eyes glided to look at Saki's own lavender ones. She didn't expect anything from Saki, but wondered what effect her wife's actions would have on her.

Misaki didn't respond, fearing what she'd say would upset someone. She sniffled incredibly quietly and moved her arms so that Meissa could sit up straight and away from her.

Meissa looked up, at her CO and XO. Her face, although sleepy, had some shock to it. "Great. I'm gonna sound like Mat here, but...did I do something wrong?" she mumbled, as she sat up in the booth. "Am I in the middle of something here?"

"We were just talking about you," Eden said, realizing that was a bad beginning to what she had to say. What she had to say, though, was alluding her and so she said anything but what she was trying to get across. "Are you okay? Er, that's not what I mean. Misaki said... Maybe you weren't feeling well?"

Emitting a slightly worried whine, Misaki cut herself off by moving her finger towards her mouth and biting at her thumb nervously.

"Mmm? Oh, right. I distinctly remember almost worrying myself sick last night and getting drunk." Meissa confessed. "Worrying over...myself, really. I'm not the best influence for children."

"Oh," Eden said, ruminating on what Meissa had addressed. She wondered what it was that had made Misaki bond with Meissa. Perhaps she needed to get to know the Elysian better. Or, perhaps Misaki had made a mistake. Eden became determined to find out which of those things was closer to the truth.

"What made you think you would need to be an "influence" of any sort? Personnel on a ship often find themselves having little to no contact with other crew for extended periods of time, even on a small ship like a Plumeria. Why worry when you could merely avoid any children that may find themselves on the Kaiyō?" Eden asked.

"Running away isn't an option, isn't it?" Meissa asked Eden. "Though, in all honesty, that's what I've been doing to some extent."

"Running away from what?" Eden asked, tilting her head and letting her black hair spill closer to the ground.

"I'm not sure anymore, I think." Meissa sighed and put her head on the table.

Eden looked to Saki with wiider eyes than she had so far had that night, prompting Saki to extend some kind of show of comfort to the infantry woman. She wanted her to do what she herself could not do for Meissa.

Misaki took the hint, drying her eyes with her left hand and brushing back Meissa's hair slowly and calmingly. She had no idea what to do to explain to Eden, and that continued to worry her, but she found her right mind enough to regain composure until she could collapse in for a while.

Meissa sat there for a while, letting Saki br her hair gently. She sighed again.

"The whole reason why I wanted to join the Star Army is just a lie. It's halfway to complete bullshit." Meissa flatly stated. "I think I said that I wished to explore the stars, but that's just a whole bucketful of half-truth. In reality I'm running, away from my homeland which is slowly going to hell and from my tomb of a family home."

"So you wanted a new home," Eden said, then looked to Misaki. "A new family."

"I wasn't looking for a new family. Just, somewhere that I could forget, I guess. A plant is living. It breathes and consumes resources and outputs things as well. But, a plant isn't alive. It goes through the routine, day and night in constant fear of dying, which is what motivates it. I wanted to feel alive." Meissa told Eden. "I think it may be better to show you what I mean."

A little apprehensive, but more than willing, Eden said while she sat down next to Meissa, "By all means, show me."

Meissa projected, into Eden's mind, the tomb-like house. The beautifully maintained grounds, and the mess of an interior. A state, not of a lazy sort of mess, but a state of melancholy mess. The old trophy cup, gathering dust. The old military medal, polished again and again for no one to wear.

And then the shrine. Meissa tried her best to re-create every image, but her dream continuously leaked through. An image or two would almost fall, and Meissa would put them back.

Meissa reached under the couch, pulling out the notebook. She slowly flipped through the pages, the madness of trying to trace down where her mother had went, before...she gave up.

When the thought ended, Meissa's face had a look of emotional exhaustion worn on it.

"And that's my home." Meissa tried to say, her voice cracking a little.

Eden, astounded, looked to Saki, then to Meissa, before gingerly putting her hand on Meissa's. She thought to say something, then lifted her hand and pursed her lips while moving her hand back to her own lap.

"That likely wasn't easy for you," came Eden's diplomatic answer. "I—" Eden was cut off by an inability to speak for a brief moment, before she stood and pressed her hands against her skirt and smoothed it. "I should be getting back to the bridge."

"Please don't treat me any differently." Meissa told Eden.

Misaki moved her left hand to take a hold of Eden's, telepathically sending her feelings of wanting to help while accompanying it with the message, "Everyone on this ship is family, and this ship is home."

Eden paused, then said to Saki telepathically, "We already have a daughter." Inside, she was entirely conflicted between doing what Saki wanted and felt was right and what deep urges Eden had to turn away from the situation presenting itself. She wanted to do what Meissa said she herself was doing. She wanted to run away from it. "My crew and my family are two different things."

Misaki's lip quivered wildly, she responded telepathically while her eyes welled up heavily, "And your sisters that you were born with are different? Would you not lay down your life for crew and family alike? Or is the pathos that you took to wear white and sit at the top fall apart at the line between your wife and daughter and the crew that you bleed for. There isn't a difference, dammit, there shouldn't be." Misaki, for probably the first time publically, began to actually cry. Torn between two sides, she let her head drop into her arms and covered her face with the corners, only now letting go of Meissa's hair.

"Oh, no..." Eden muttered as her eyebrows turned up in the middles and eyes glistened with empathic tears. "No, no, no..." She bent down and stepped forward to put her face next to where Saki's would have been if it had not been covered with her arms. She kissed what part of Saki's face remained exposed and then sat down next to her.

Meissa, this time, was the one stroking her "mother's" back in a desperate attempt to comfort her.

Eden looked up to Meissa as the winged woman put her hand on Misaki with worry written across her face. She wished she had an encyrpted link to Meissa. If she did, she would plead with the Elysian to use the connection Misaki and she had recently formed to further comfort her wife, but instead, used her own love for Misaki to find a path to resolution. She ducked her head against Saki's arms and spoke out so that everyone could hear.

"I honor your decisions and, as your wife, lover, captain, friend, and as the mother of your child, I hope to learn from you all that I can. If this is the way you wish for me to feel, I will feel this way, for you and for those you choose to keep close to your side. I promise you that, Saki," Eden said, realizing tears were forming at the corners of her eyes. She sniffed and batted at the corners of her eyes.

Meissa, seeing the state of things, decided to extract the emotions from a good memory of hers, a feeling of tranquility and blissfulness. She mentally set the range of her omnidirectional telepathy to a small area, and broadcasted to the two. If she couldn't fix it, she'd damn well try.

Slowly, the audible pained wails began to subside into very quick breaths laced in tears. Ever still, those breath gradually fell into a numerous amount of sniffling. Her voice hoarse, Misaki spoke from under her arms, "Then stop trying to seperate everything into two lines, stop ignoring the bleed-overs." She momentarily fell back into tears but caught herself.

"It's not easy for me," Eden said. "You know that. I chose to love you. I chose to be a mother with you and I chose to marry you. I don't get a choice in this matter."

Misaki didn't immediately respond, "You do have a choice, whether you accept them or not." She turned her head slightly towards Eden, an eye surrounded by a red, and plently wet face looking at her.

Eden's eyes widened, then she nodded and kissed the part of Saki's face closest to her, Saki's temple, and nodded.

"That question can be answered by asking you, do you accept them?" Eden asked. It was against her better judgement to disagree with Saki and she was finalizing her choice to allow her wife to decide such an important thing for the both of them.

Misaki answered just short of immediately, "Of course I do, I'd die for them just as fast as I would for you or Kikyo." She didn't hesitate when she accidentally revealed the young girl's name.

"I'll keep that secret. The name, I mean." Meissa told them both, when her mind caught on.

"Thank you for that..." Eden said, looking to Meissa with a sense of happiness. "Thank you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back