• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Six: What doesn't kill you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speeder01

Inactive Member
YSS Kaiyō

Wardroom

7日 5月 YE 39

0900 Hours

Meissa exited out of her simulation. Wow, somewhat of a tough one there. Earlier she inserted a generic Neko into the sim, turned off her opponent’s hover capabilities, and decided to give herself a reasonable challenge.

The Neko did have considerable agility, but she kept track of her enemy nearly flawlessly. Despite that, it still almost beat her, if she didn’t throw her opponent to the ground at the very end with a slightly sickening crunch.

Meissa decided it was about time to train up her physique a little bit. She walked over to a textured hardlight pole in the corner, and started hitting it. When she was a child, it used to sting and bruise. It really didn’t hurt all that much now.

Yoshida was out there, fuming as Meissa arrived. She seemed legitimately angry, beating volumetric targets senseless. It could hardly be called challenging at all, more as if she was simply venting all her frustrations on the dummy. ‘How could we just let them capture us’ she would think. ‘Why haven’t we looked outside with our armors.’ It in short, could only barely be called an exercise in physical strength and endurance, rather than a means of training her combat skill.

Set one done. Give the arms a break, move onto the legs. Shins first. One, two, three…

Meissa’s leg swiftly slammed into the pole, again and again. A normal person would cry out in pain after one swing, yet she didn’t even seem to flinch.

“Frustrated?” she asked. “I don’t think frustration would help much.”

Yoshida gave the hardlight dummy one last punch- the kind of punch typically reserved for when one was trying to actually knock one’s head form their shoulders with brute force. “I know meissa! I just want to hit something until I don’t care any more.” She didn’t like being angry, it was never a feeling she familiarized herself with. It, at times, made her wonder what kind of person she really was- at the thoughts that would swim through the red mist of raw fury.

Meissa calmly walked over to a small, hard canvas bean bag, which she hit with the back of her palm, then the front, then the back, and over and over again.

“Trust me. I’ve tried it before. Doesn’t help at all, does it?” she asked again.

Yoshida was quiet for a moment as she crossed her arms. Her inner turmoil betrayed as her tail wrapped around her own leg protectively. “Well… I haven’t been going long enough to find out yet.”

Meissa moved back to her pillar, where she struck the hard surface with her fingers in a claw shape. Left, right. Left, right. “Save yourself the effort, it probably won’t.” she replied. She struck the pillar and finally pulled her hand back in pain a little. Ow. She went a little far with that one.

Yoshida threw her hands up in the air in frustration before she turned back to her target dummy. “I can’t just do nothing!” The fog was a little more clear. Just a little. Yoshida struck the dummy again, with as much speed and precision as she could muster. She was in a way, cheating, utterly ignoring the pain through her neko tricks. Simply not allowing the signals to reach her brain.

Meissa soaked her aching fingers in water. Yoshida’s form was...quite improper. But that didn’t matter, she just wasn’t thinking. Meissa couldn’t blame her, either. The strange anomaly that occurred was just plain strange.

“But you are doing nothing, Yoshida.” Meissa replied. “You’re barely even hitting the dummy correctly.”

The neko stopped upon hearing this critique, and paused only a moment before she turned to face her critic. “Is it? You better show me how to punch then because i can hardly think straight right now.”

Meissa calmly walked over to the dummy. Then, with a flurry of straight punches and claws, repeatedly attacked the dummy’s chest, throat, and face, with enough force to at least flay the skin off of the areas she attacked, a mix of traditional Pankration techniques mixed with Yamataian and even some Hidden Sun thrown in.

“That’s how.” Meissa answered, after finishing with a roundhouse that would easily take someone’s head off.

Yoshida watched the display, still in a fume about mostly everything. She had the sense to recognize that this was something she should imitate at the very least however. So of course, she walked up to the dummy and, operating on mostly memory, mimicked Meissa’s movements the best she could from a first time off. It certainly wasn’t perfect, but was better than most could manage thanks to nigh perfect memorization.

“And whoever that is, is probably bleeding, missing a throat, sternum broken and heart stopped by blunt trauma, and has multiple ribs broken as well as a cracked skull and missing head.” Meissa told Yoshida. “In other words, whoever that is, is dead. Instead of just having lots of shoulder bones broken and...not being very dead although in pain.”

When she brought her hands away, they were a little worse for wear than when she started. This of course, made her frown and inspect the different states between her own hands, and her Elysian companion’s silently.

Meissa’s hands were red, but aside from that, didn't seem in much pain or injury. “Years spent practicing that helps you a lot, just saying.” Meissa told her friend.

Yoshida nodded before looking at her hands once again, and forced them into fists. She didn’t have years to get strong, she decided. She didn’t have the patience. On top of that, she needed to be stronger than she was before the very next time they meet their doubles, maybe it was like one of those anime where, they only copied everything you were before they became reality, and after that if you got stronger, you could win. “... Guess I’ll get started.”

“You want the full training experience?” Meissa asked Yoshida. “Because it’ll be a little painful.” Meissa picked up a wood plank with a few long notches cut into one end.

It probably was a good idea to keep her “knives” sharp, since the other Meissa didn’t look like the kind of person to train.

“I uh, think maybe? What’s the board for?”

“Causing small fractures in your bones. When they heal your bones will be ever so slightly stronger.” Meissa answered. “It sounds insane, but for the ones who don’t have a Nekovalkyrian body, their martial arts always use this.”

Yoshida squinted with great suspicion at the board of wood. Then her limbs. She wasn’t an expert in biology, but that sounded fishy to her.”Well...I uh, You’ve got some strange ideas there friend, but i’m open to them. I think.” It helped that she could just dull and deaden her sense of pain to nothing.

“Alright then. Don’t forget to flex your abs.” Meissa pulled the board back, and swung it at Yoshida’s gut. There was a woosh of air over the board, a woosh of air exhaled from lungs, and a muffled, slightly out of breath complaint, should any one have listened in on that particular exchange.

YSS Kaiyō

Wardroom

12日 5月 YE 39

1500 Hours

In the few days, Yoshida had already shown some progress. By day three the plank of wood went from a soft pine to a harder oak wood, and with other injury-based training, her hands didn’t respond with as much pain when she punched a simulated metal target on her own time.

Today, though, Meissa was helping her study a little bit of anatomy.

“So, there are a few spots where you can hit to kill a person. One is the natural crack in the skull, and the other is directly on the heart, although that may be a little more inefficient. A third is the throat, although that’s a little circumstantial and is based mostly on whether or not you can rip through the skin and cartilage.” Meissa told. “That circumstance is mostly dependent on how hard your bones are, and how much force you can swing. The hard bones part is dealt with by the weird training activities that may have caused your bones to feel a little sore over the past few days, and the force is solved by your typical practice.”

Yoshida nodded along as she listened, aware that the increase in efficiency and chance of death was better than simply striking with the force to cave someone's skull in- though it would probably still work against many. “Uuhh hu. ” She gave a short nod once more. “So, the beating with wood thing, not um, totally useless i guess!” She gave a grin. A sweaty, slightly tired grin, with a dangerous glint of pent up anger hiding behind those cheerful eyes. At least it was directed at a foe and being utilized, rather than useless unproductive anger.

“Any other tidbits? Or should i get to the simulation training?” She asked curiously.

“Probably get in the simulation. Not that much else that’s important.”

To that, the tail toting neko gave a nod and hopped up to her feet to once more, perform a number of combat simulations. For the most part, she let Boss pick them as surprises, but they were always, purposefully difficult, giving her either very little equipment, or against rather unfavorable odds. Anything from attempting to take on a mindy hunting her down without her own set of armor on, or fighting multiple Eihei in their own armors.

In this particular instance, Meissa was treated to a show of what seemed to be an escape situation, where she had absolutely no equipment, and several angry nmx neko, all armed, seemed to disapprove of her attempting to vacate the premises. Of course, the disappointing end result ended up with a collection of simulated dead nmx, and one very broken Yamataian neko, savaged by a group of particularly surly foes who knew gun-fu. She only managed to kill a few of them using a nifty trick with a flash bang she appropriated from a fallen foe, despite her best efforts to the contrary.

“EEeehhh I swear boss is cheating just like all AI in video games.” Said a salty kitty.

“Well, you probably asked for an impossible scenario.” Meissa answered.

YSS Kaiyō

Wardroom

30日 5月 YE 39

1500 Hours

Around two or three days ago, Yoshida had begun her final step of training, which was liberal hover ability abuse. Meissa recognized that essentially from here, Yoshida was basically on her own. The Neko’s fists and palms could probably make noticeable dents in thin metal sheets at this point with how hard her bones and muscles had become. While she would in no way be able to single-handedly take on a tankette by herself, Meissa’s Neko friend was nevertheless already far surpassing her teacher due to her innate abilities.

“Jump, dive towards your enemy with your feet, and kick on shoulder, shoulder, lower rib, lower rib, sternum, and then face.” Meissa leapt into the air, and, using her own wings, thrusted herself forwards, feet first, landing six kicks in rapid succession on the practice dummy. “Perfect for when your enemy’s guard is broken. The first two kicks prevent retaliation, the next two stun as the air is knocked out, the next pushes back, and the last stuns and may knock down your opponent, leaving him or her exposed for future blows if you make sure your momentum carries through. Force applied more gradually and moving the last kick from the head to the shoulder makes it less likely to be lethal, as well as being a tournament killer and a crowd pleaser. Always fun.”

Yoshida of course, instantly recognized this particular move as being awesome. Too awesome. “Are you sure that this isn’t from an anime? Or a game somewhere?” She had raised eyebrow and bemused grin upon her face as she observed the unfortunate dummy for a few moments more, not quite ready to commit to the flying kick storm. Perhaps the most amazing to her, was the fact meissa was doing it without any gravity manipulation herself.

“Totally!” Meissa answered. “Why do you think they used it? Because it’s one of the few things they actually get right about martial arts. Plus, it’s a crowd pleaser. That’s why they use it.”

“Uh hu.. So, should i yell out Yatatatatatataaaa while kicking? Or something similar?” Yoshida asked with a giggle. At least now she went to set herself up in front of the dummy.

“If you were in a tournament, yes. Tournaments were just as much showboating as they were actual fighting.” Meissa moved aside. “Don’t forget to breathe. And focus.”

Yoshida stared at the dummy incredulously for a short moment. Like many other things meissa had been teaching, or attempting to teach her, Yoshida wasn’t so sure about it but went along with it any way. After all, six kicks in one jump? Preposterous. Probably.

After mentally preparing herself for what would surely be a silly performance, she practically hurled herself at the dummy with her internal gravity manipulation, before quickly angling herself to go feet first. It was almost more accurate to say she shot the dummy with a yoshida ball, than how she jump kicked it.

Well, that was a decent first try for Yoshida.

“Hey, pretty nice first try. Start with one, move up to more as you go.”

With a stretch, she stood once again. Well, more as if she righted herself from the horizontal position she was hovering in low to the ground. “Are you sure it isn’t better to just hit them?” She asked, before yet again, performing the kick flurry once more.

“Kicks have much more force than punches, and this is more designed to keep an enemy who made a mistake off balance through fast, successive blows.” Meissa told. “Yes, this does mean it has some use. Maybe if you use it with enough force you can topple a Hostile or something. I haven’t tried.”

“Well, I guess! I’m not sure i’ll ever get the chance to actually find a reason to use it in an actual situation though- unless i happen to be in armor probably. That’s pretty unlikely too! Oh well, i’m sure we’ll find out on the battlefield. Someday. Maybe.” Yoshida nodded to herself, and at Meissa.

Meissa ran through her mind. She searched for what else she could teach Yoshida.

Maybe, just maybe, the Neko had exhausted just about everything Meissa could give.

“I'm not sure there’s anything else to teach you anymore.” Meissa confessed. “Everything else comes with experience. You Nekos are something else with that ability to learn, aren't you?”

The little neko struck a pose, with her hands on her hips triumphantly on hearing this. “Uh hu!” Of course her feeling of pride quickly was knocked down to a dull roar upon noting she still needed so much experience, probably all of it. She would never not have something to learn, and she wasn’t sure how she felt about that, just like so many other things.

“Heh, well, I guess i’ll have plenty of time to earn that, hopefully.” She gave a wry grin as it dawned on her that for all intents and purposes, as long as they kept getting renewed in hemosynth, they WERE effectively immortal. Even if it took an ST to do it. “And, i guess you were a good teacher? Maybe you should teach will too! I’ve seen a little of him doing uh, lots of training too, like what i’m doing.”

“Just, don't die too much. ST doesn't save the bone and muscle strengthening.” Meissa told. “You were the greatest disciple.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back