• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō Pre-Mission Thirteen: Where to Find Blood

club24

Everything Is Magical
YSS Kaiyo
Medbay

Sacre waited in the sickbay for her appointment with Shasse. During the last mission, she had displayed very publically some very distressing tendantcyes. Ones that concerned the Sepra'Shan. However, she needed more information before she could start helping.

Sitting on one of the beds swinging her legs in the air was Shasse as she waited for Sacre to arrive, since her little incident in the mission she had desperately wanted to try and figure out how they could stop the curse that had taken root in her body. "Oh good morning Sacre, thank you for seeing me about this it was starting to get worrying but I'm sure you'll be able to fix it." She smiled warmly and hopped off the bed moving to greet the snake medic.

Sacre wasn't nearly as certain as the Neko seemed to be. "Well, first I need to know what the problem is before I can fix it. Why don't you explain it to me?" Sacre asked.

Shasse nodded, "Well it happened after we deployed to Ayenee, you remember those tar things that ate Gravity? Eden, Muyomi and myself had gone out to try and gain more information on the strange creatures and we were attacked. Something happened to Muyomi and then there was this voice in my head and I got tricked into taking on a curse."

The little neko put a hand on her chin and looked up thoughtfully, "After that I only remember the voice telling me I needed to have a regular blood intake to remain sane or else I'd risk hurting my friends... Guess I should have listened and the whole mess on the aethersphere could have been avoided."

Sacre nodded silently, "Perhaps. I guess the first question we need to address is how regular blood intake you need. Is there any sort of hunger that you feel?" She asked.

"Yes, it was unlike any hunger I'd felt before and hit me just before I lashed out at Eden and the others, it was as though I could feel my mind trying to split in two. And the whole while all I could think about was getting blood, just any sort of blood." Shasse recounted while shivering slightly despite the climate control on the ship and her uniform, it was not something she ever wanted to feel again.

"Oh and I'm not sure if it's helpful at all but there is this doll too." Fishing around in her pocket she brought out her small hand clutching a wooden carved doll that perfectly resembled her, "I was also told that If lost this doll I'd lose my mind to the hunger, and after I took the blood Miles gave me it just, subsided and I've been fine since then."

Sacre was thoughtful for several moments. "So there are a few issues we need to deal with. First, the doll. What is the farthest you've been from it?" Sacre asked.

"Well the only time I've been away from it was when the hunger got to me, from what Eden told me when I threw it away was when I started really attacking and pulled out weapons on friendlies. And it was only about 10m away from me in the sand, although maybe the hunger amplified it or something?" Shasse suggested thoughtfully.

Sacre nodded sagely, taking the doll and looking at it. Turning it over in her hand. "That means we will want to keep it close, even in combat. We are at Gemini, so we might be able to requisition a Zesuaium box that can attach to your duty uniform and your mindy. We can fill it with an impact asorbing foam so that it doesn't rattle around and there is less chance of damage. It won't be cheap, but it will be the best money can buy. How does that sound?" She asked.

Shasse nodded vigerously, "Anything is better than having to go insane over some blood, it's so strange to feel such a longing for the blood of another I can't explian it in a way that even makes sense." The neko shivered again and felt as though a slight chill had entered the room, "Is it just me or this room getting a little cooler?"

Sacre shook her head, there had been rumors of a similar thing on her homeworld. She was coldblooded, that meant that her body tempature was always the same as room tempature. It also meant she was keenly aware of exactly how warm or cold a room was at any given moment. She put the doll down on the bed next to the Neko. Then she took a more powerful thermal light and started to shine it on the doll to warm it up.

Shasse watched with some slight confusion as the medic started heating up the doll, it seemed pointless to her but Sacre was a brillliant medic after all so she stayed quiet and waited. After a few moments of nothing happening Shasse was about to speak up once more when she shivered again and felt a slightly familiar feeling of the slight hunger creeping into her mind. "Uh Sacre, I'm not sure if the doll needs warming up, I just got a slight feeling of the hunger again." Her voice was quiet like that of a scared child.

Sacre nodded, and removed the thermal light. She took a detailed scan of it. Then grabbed a blood bag from the refigerator and filled a cup with blood for Shasse. "I don't know how you like your blood, when times were tight and we had to not waste anything, I remember liking my blood warm. I was hoping that shining a light on it would make you feel warmer. However, that didn't work. Now I'm working on a second idea." She explained.

"Oh thanks, the only other time I had it it was warmer but I doubt the temperature would make much of a difference right?" She said taking the cup and looking down into the swirling red before taking a small sip and scrunching her face at the coolness combined with the already strange taste of drinking anothers blood. "Although I think I may have to agree with you on prefering it warmer, egh."

Sacre nodded and took the cup to warm it. "I don't know, I haven't dealt with many blood curses. If we have contact with Ayenee after this, I'm going to have a... friend do some research for us. For now though, we have very limited information to go on. We'll take it a day at a time."

Sacre returned the blood warmed to the average blood tempature of a Neko back to Shasse. "I'm going to want to monitor your blood consumption closely. We don't know how or why it might fluxuate. I'm going to issue you a bottle of blood to keep with you at all times. I don't want you to go eating on any crew members. You are also going to report to me about your regularly. This will get you better aquainted with it so you can sense when you need to eat. In addtion to my records, I want you to keep your own journal. I and my records might not always be there for you and the more you personally know the more help you can be to any doctors you might have in the future. Does that make sense?" She asked.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea, you really are an awesome medic like Miles said." Shasse said, "And believe me, going after the crew is not something I want to be repeating either." And took another sip of the now warmed blood finding it far easier to stomach this time and finishing the cup while she turned away from Sacre shyly as she drank.

"You don't need to hide it from me. for me it's just like needing to drink a rather bad tasting concoction of special nutriants for my Coralians." She said.

Shasse looked at her and blushed slightly, "Just an instinctual habit I guess, should have known that I don't need to worry about this stuff in the medbay of all places."

Sacre took a few readings of the doll again. She was looking for the tiny amount of damage the light had caused the doll that she had picked up on her first scan. As Shasse drank, the damage seemed to repair it's self. Sacre didn't have the words to describe it, but the doll and Shasse were linked in some inexplicablely deep manner. It also meant that it was likely that normal wear and tear in the doll could be repaired. It meant that this wouldn't be a one way trip to madness. There was a audible sigh of relief. "Good, it looks like the doll can be repaired by drinking blood. I have no idea how, but it is." She explained.

Shasse looked at the medic wide eyed, "It can e repaired if, if I drink blood? That's freaky but pretty handy as you say just, freaks me out thinking about it." Taking another few sips from the cup she felt the sensation in her mind ease and breathed her own sigh of relief, least the strange taste was worth it if it kept her sane. "So what else can we do Sacre or I guess is there anything else you can do?"

"A few things, we are going to include a black box style transponder with the box and a tracking patch on the doll it's self so it's not lost. Or if it is lost, we can restrain you and recover it. We'll also have your armor modified with a second liquid reserve of blood so that if we run into a problem in combat you can take a drink. I'm sure if we do some more thinking there are more precautions that we can take but that's all my immediate ideas." Sacre explained.

"Well that sounds good to me, hopefully it wont get to the point where I need restraining but it's definitely better than not having any safety measures. Thank you again for taking the time to help, I;d never have been able to figure out so much by myself." Shasse stood up and quick as a flash wrapped her arms around Sacre before instantly releasing the medic and returning to her spot, there was only so many times you could say the work thank you and so she had wanted to properly thank her.

Sacre's face boiled into a flash of fear. The short unexpected contact brought back a rather unpleasent scene. She wasn't in th medbay anymore. She was under a disgusting Nepleasian man. Her tail ashed out at the Neko with a speed driven by fear and more then a bit of desperation. Wrapping around Shasse the powerful tail lifted her bodyly from the floor and tossed her across the medbay with enough time in the air to think 'wow, that really is a powerful throw.'

Shasse did indeed think "Wow that was a powerful throw, but why did she throw me?" as the neko tumbled through the air and smacked into the end wall of the medbay with a loud cry of pain. Slumping into the floor she looked up and noticed the usually cool Sacre had transformed into what almost looked like a nervous wreck. "Uhg, Sacre what's wrong?"

"Don't. Touch. Me." Sacre said, trying to regain her center. She wasn't back there anymore, but she felt an anger fill her. Anger at the man, anger at Shasse, anger at herself for having a flashback. She clinched her fists, willing the feelings to go away, but they didn't. She wasn't in control of her own emotions. She wanted to cry, but that wouldn't do in front of someone else. She turned away, knowing that if she had hurt Shasse, she would need to be in control of herself first.

"I'm really sorry Sacre, I didn't know... can I do anything to help?" Shasse coughed as she pulled herself from the floor and moved cautiosly back towards the medic, she hadn't been hurt badly but the impact had shocked her.

Sacre felt the waves of emotion on which she was tossed start to subside. She was in a place where she had power. She was incontrol here in the Medbay. "No. Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, just a bruise or two I think I'll be fine. But are you sure you're ok Sacre, you look stressed?" Shasse enquired with no idea of the medics history and just assumed the outburst was stress related or something. She moved over and sat on the bed once again and watched Sacre with a look of concern.

Sacre shook her head, calming down. "Not stress, just an unexpected memory that sprang to mind when you touched me. I've been through some rough times, it wasn't a pleasent memory."

"o-oh, I see." Shasse said with adrenaline still rushing through her system from being thrown across the room as she sat, tail swishing frantically. "Well it seems like you've got the plan downpacked and thanks again for helping, was there anything else I needed to do before I get out of your scales?"

Sacre slapped a medical monitoring patch onto Shasse's skin. "No, just want to make sure I can tell if something goes wrong. You can shower with it, just don't take it off because it will say that your dead, and then I might have to kill you." Sacre said, trying hard for some deadpan humor, but failing miserably. "Now get out before I figure out some more tests to run."

Shasse blinked slowly at the joke before letting out a small giggle, "Well alright then, don't lose that humour Sacre I'll miss it if you do and I'll hopefully see you outside of medical mumbo jumbo next time." The little neko spoke and hopped off the bed heading to the door.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back