• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Senate: Passed Proposal #81: Establish Diplomacy with the SMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim

スター軍の司書
Purpose:

1. To protect Yamataian interests.
2. To find out why the Mishhuvurtyar are fighting us.
3. To attempt diplomatic entreaties with the Mishhuvurtyar to stop the war.

Proposal:

The actual war with the Mishhuvurtyar seems to be going nowhere and we must actually try to more actively try to establish some sort of truce with the Mishhuvurtyar.

1. Approach Melisson with a new government representative that holds no vital or current military information that might endanger the active fleets if Melisson rapes someone's mind.
2. Try to actually talk to Melisson about what's motivating the Mishhuvurtyar to continue fighting. By finding out the why, we might be able to actually stop the fighting entirely.
3. Try to negotiate a cease fire to end the war.

Information regarding the Mishhu genetic link, and the information gained by the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet through their relations with Nepleslian Sky Marshall Davis was uploaded to Ayana and the other Senator's monitors.

"From the information that Sky Marshall Davis shared with us in addition to our own research, at Uesu's admission, we have had many truths revealed to us recently.

If they are truly our sisters rebelling against us who have cast them out, we need to do something to resolve our differences. It horrifies me that the atrocities of this war have been committed by our abused family. If we want to truly consider ourselves civilized and not conquerers or opressers we need to make an attempt at peace.

As far as I am aware, this was Melission's first attempt at some sort of diplomacy with our allies who had been claiming neutrality to stay out of this war.

I have not forgotten the lives of our own civilians lost at Melisson's hands but I see the lives of the rest of all of our people being threatened if we continue to wage this war when we could stop it.

I do not seek friendship with Melisson or the SMX but I do want to stop the fighting. I am tired of watching good people and innocents die," Ayana said after a long pause. She wanted to be consistent with her words previously in opposition of the Nepleslia Ultimatium.

Aegis smiled softly as she nodded, her suggestion during the discussion of proposal #80 had been carried out, and with this development, she was quite pleased.

"Lor and Colonial Holdings votes YES to this proposal. Additionally, I would like to suggest the utilization of a fully natural and organic representative, of a species which has no telepathic capability and no cybernetic augmentation. Such features would allow for the enemy to easily manipulate the representative.

Additionally the Matriarchy will make transcripts of Melisson's visit to Lor available to the SAoY to assist in the understanding of her methods.

Also, as stated during the previous proposition... I suggest that the representative not be of the Ketsurui, considering the history between that clan and the SMX..." Aegis trailed off as she laughed lightly.

"Oh? What is this? This link was discovered by my people some time ago... I hope that no one here will be utterly shocked that the enemy is a war-tool which got off the leash." Aegis scoffed as she sat down. Serves PNUgen right for manipulating the Goddess' affairs.

The Shroud Suit deactivated; a young Yamataian wearing a black military style jacket with the insignia of the Motoyoshi clan appeared next to Ayana. He had soft purple shoulder length hair, and a rather muscular build. His icy blue eyes greeted the Senators.

He folded his hands in front of him, two Blackcoats emerged from invisibility behind him.

He did not appear in any database they searched, nothing about him identifiable save the markings on his jacket.

Ayana looked at the young man rather passively. He looked vaguely familiar and choose to not say anything about him for now. She assumed he would introduce himself to her as well as the rest of the senate on his own.

A heavy accent dominated his words, typical of someone from the coastal region of Jiyuu towards the West of Tokyo. "Good evening, Senators." his tone was soft, eloquent.

A charming twinkle within his eyes as he tipped forwards gracefully, "They should really consider better checking the sensor readings in this room. I could have been someone dangerous."

He said, stepping forwards a step. "I am Motoyoshi Tio, I believe the title Prince is the customary title in which you will refer to me here forwards."

( Damn you, Kimmeh. Stealin' meh thundah)

"I vote yes. On top of that... Being that Ayana there and I have the most interest in this... I would like to propose that we could do the talking with the Mishhu representative slash Melisson."

She paused, looking over to Hanako. "However... I don't think I can agree with Hanako on location. Pisces isn't exactly close to the Mishhu worlds, you know... It might feel like a trap. On top of that someone not in the affairs might attempt to 'Rid the universe of the evil creatures' or some nonsense." She did indeed use finger quotes for the phrase in the ' 's. "It might be best for them to decide on the location, Mm? And then we can simply agree or disagree on it."

Tio said nothing out loud, only to Ayana he telepathically whispered.

Perhaps it would be wise to call a summit of all nations. It may be a chance to stop angst on all fronts, to encourage a time of peace within known space.

Ayana nodded silently to the young man beside her. It seemed that there was a flair for dramatic reveals in this young man. "As you wish, your highness."

She took a breath and began to speak as calmly and clearly as she could, "Perhaps, this would be better as a summit with representatives from all of the nations. If we use Pisces Station we have a chance to put out a good face to all of them since people seem to feel that we are some sort of over lords.

The SMX threat right now might effect us all but it has never been attempted to meet with all of the neighboring nations at once. We need to resolve something and try to maintain peace with everyone and just simply a choice few. If we do it this way, we won't have any repeat over reactions if Elysia should decide to talk to Melisson or some other SMX leader.

We need to give each nation equal time on this matter. It cannot be a matter of what is called 'the thin blue line'- it isn't us against the galaxy, and it's time that we try to change our neighbor's minds on that matter."

Jack Miller quickly ran his hand through his hair in a quick attempt to calm down and ease the signs of disgust that had, just minutes ago, been dominant during the discussions of Nepleslia's demise.

"I for one think that this is a great idea and would better serve all interests... much better than the tired use of your gunboat diplomacy."

He crossed his arms.

"I will relay this information to my senators as soon as I can reach them."

He pulled his datapad out and began to work.

Maysaki looked over to Jack and smirked a little. "Remember... The previous proposal with that little... Shanagin got voted down quite quickly. Don't look at all of us in disgust just yet..." She paused, "... Being... That the meet has just been made... I don't really... See a point on this session now..."

"Then it is safe to assume that this motion passes?" Ayana asked, already knowing the answer. She was surprise at just how fast the proposal was accepted. She glanced at Tio appraisingly for a moment and smiled brightly at him before looking back at the others. This went relatively smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back