• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [Quest of Eveeuary] Chapter 1: On a marble far, far away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashton1 (UKA)

Inactive Member
RP Date
Post YE 40
RP Location
Unknown, Galactic Rift
Chapter 1: On a marble far, far away

Leaving 188604

It had been at least several months, or maybe even a year, (and then some) since Evee left the planet formerly known as 188604. Honestly, she had lost track long ago. The unfavorable thin and sandy atmosphere made the decision a bit less tough for Evee. For a long time before, she had considered exploring the vast uncharted clusters, beyond the known sector; but pursing this perilous journey would mean distancing herself from the now defunct crew of the Araxie, and leaving all that she had known. Shortly after arriving on 188604, Evee had found a loving and fuzzy companion (much like her), by the name of Uuray Jalt Scesumwing. Although things weren’t official and yet have to be at the time you are reading this, Uuray himself had encouraged Evee to embark on this epic voyage, and he somehow convinced his way onboard. Perhaps this was due to the absence of the Araxie, or the demand for manpower. Soon after, Evee had an emotional reunion with her harvester, because it used to have been her long gone father’s, it was a vessel of memories. But she was ready to give the ship, (and herself) a new chapter.

After retrieving the ship, Evee and Uuray soon realized that they needed a name, in order to conveniently refer to it. In remembrance of her father, Evee declared it the ‘Neko’. The vessel was loaded to the brim with rations of food, materials and technology available to Evee. She retrofitted the Neko with new systems for the long haul. And then it happened. Evee and Uuray shot out directly from the sector plane (along the z axis), and eventually into the unknown.

The Rift
The Neko idled, resting from an intense and relentless rush of jumps. It hung perfectly still against a monolithic pillar of purple fluorescent gasses, and the awesome backdrop of swirling red clouds. Protostars dotted the grand mural of the nebula. “It’s spectacular!”, Evee exclaimed. “It is indeed”, Uuray replied. He went on to saying, “Evee, this was totally worth it. Just this..” “Mmhhm”, Evee mumbled back, taken back by the beauty. Her paws held up her head, her face pressed to the glass. “You know Evee”, Uuray began shyly, “I was meaning to..” He was interrupted; the ship rattled, dust falling from the rafters. Both assumed defensive positions, backing into one another. “Shit! What in the hell was that!?”, Uuray worried. Evee motioned to get down. “Shh!”, she whispered, cautiously. They crawled close to the floor, out of view of the windows (as if that were going to help.) The panicked duo peered around the corner, out into the hallway. “Nothing here”, Uuray reported. “Yup”, Evee confirmed, almost redundantly. They sprinted to the bridge, quickly securing the door to the control deck. Evee rushed to the command console, with Uuray following right behind. A red indication light too faded to read was lit up. “Erk!, what to you figure it is?”, Uuray troubled. Evee ran her anxiously twitchy paw over the button. The ship then warned, “Unstable space detected! Divert corse immediately!”. The message repeated itself again. Evee and Uuray paused and looked at each other briefly.

“Hold on..”, Uuray expressed a new degree of concern. Quickly he snatched a worn manual nearby and started madly scribbling calculations. “I thought the sky looked different!”, he cried. “The stars, everything out here”, he waved his pencil around frantically; “Nothing we’re seeing is remotely close to the Kikyo Sector.. Nothing here is even visible from home!” Their faces reflected horror. But this is what Evee thought she wanted.. to be far, far, far away from home, discovering the uncharted. “We’re.. lost.”, they both admitted. Uuray contemplated, “We must be at least, uh, let’s see; at least…” He scooped up various, miscellaneous items and positioned them on the hastily drawn map. “Is this even the Kagami Galaxy?”, Uuray choked. Both Evee and Uuray teared up, and then they suddenly embraced one another. “It’s just us”, Evee whined. “It’s just us.”

This new-found, radical thought did not have much time digest though, to marinate in the minds of the pair, no it didn't at all. The ship shook again, but this time very violently. Evee was thrown into Uuray, both of them collapsing to the ground. Suddenly the gravity of the situation hit them, literally. Evee and Uuray flew up, face planting the roof. A loud cracking sound echoed in the confined deck. Uuray screamed. Alarm bells started going off in rapid succession. “Warning! Correct ship trajectory!” Woot, woot!! “Warning! Correct ship trajectory!” “Entering dense atmosphere!” Woot Woot! “Entering dense atmosphere!” The ship yelled for an input. A klaxon with another distinct sound tripped. “Fire!” “Fire! Lower deck!” All the lights became live, and danced erratically. At this point the vessel’s alerts were indistinguishable from one another. Evee gasped for air, and tensed her muscles. Mustering tremendous energy she managed to peel herself off the roof and she stretched herself down the control wall. The G-force drew the blood away from Evee’s head, and her veins protruded and swelled as she inched lower and lower. Evee swatted her hand a few times in attempts to connect with the yoke. Then success. She struck the control column, sharply correcting the ship’s orientation. Again, the crew was tossed like lifeless rag dolls. Evee and already injured Uuray were slammed down into the floor.

Eveeuary
Evee propped her aching body and Uuray against the navigation. Both of them, again for just short moment, caught a glimpse of serene beauty. An awe inspiring, perfectly blue marble of a world sat outside, just beyond the view port. Despite the harrowing events prior both gasped in amazement. “What the **** just happened”, blurted Uuray. A fairly reasonable inquiry.

Evee, disturbed, stared out at the planet. “This is ours! This is ours!”, Evee celebrated, hysterically. “This is not the time!”, Uuray scolded. “How about we name it Eveeuary, a combo, of Evee and Uuray!”, Evee joked. “If we live, we can explore whatever the ****, you want Evee! But we have to be alive!”, Uuray yelled out. Evee teared up.

The incredibly irritating alarm bells of the console faded back into reality. Suddenly the spectacular view was obfuscated by a plume of bright blue fire, enveloping the ship. An explosion shook the control room and Uuray collapsed back onto the floor. Evee death-gripped the vessel’s yoke. The ship bleared, “Engine 2, failure! Engine 2, failure!” The Neko veered to the right, Evee having less and less control with every second passing. She pounded her head on the control column and wept. Then, the ship’s contortions and trembling decreased dramatically, signifying entry to the lower parts of the atmosphere. The energized particles blocking the view dissipated, and were replaced by droplets of water. Sprinkles ran up the view pane as the ship punched its way through levels of thick fluffy clouds. Curiously the Neko called out, “Caution, terrain!” Then the drizzle escalated into a full blown flurry of snow particles and hail. Balls of ice pelted the hull in a deafening barrage. But then silence; as the Neko cleared the turbulent weather and the sunlight shined, revealing a monstrous mountain in the crippled craft’s path. All around the plummeting vessel, far-reaching mountain ranges dominated the landscape. Most of them were adorned with layers upon layers of snow, trees upon trees, and many vibrant colors, possibly from vast meadows and wild flower gardens. But this was not a time to soak in the view.

“Ahch!!”, Evee screamed. She smashed the joke down to the maximum pitch setting and then some. The Neko painfully groaned and whimpered in the battle to level out. On the bridge another phrase repeated itself, addressing the painfully obvious obstacle ahead. “Terrain, terrain! Pull up! Pull up! Terrain, terrain! Pull up! Pull up!” Evee leveraged the yoke even lower with the weight of her body, she pressed herself up against the console and leaned from the handle. The terrain kept rising in Evee’s perspective until it became eye level. “Terrain, terrain! Pull up! Pull up! Terrain, terrain! Pull up! Pull up!”, screamed the ship. “Uuray, I love you!”, Evee cried out. Uuray, sadly, was knocked out.

Wha-bam! The ship’s lower appendages were instantly shredded off by the tree line, and the Neko narrowly escaped a certainly fiery destruction. A towering rock wall to the right came into view. Evee jerked the joke all the way left. The vessel began a sluggish turning action, way too slow for avoiding the imminent danger. The Neko had lost too much propulsion power on its right side. Evee shrieked. The ship’s wings scraped along the cliff face until another explosion rang out, throwing it away. The spacecraft entered an uncontrolled barrel role. Then, a familiar set of sounds. The twisting metal, and the crashing of waves.

Tidbit: Uuray's name is a reference to the IRL mountain town of Ouray

Resources:
Evee
Planet Osman (188604)

Notes:
If you're a staff member I know what you might be thinking. Hold on a moment! And let me explain. I love Star Army RP, and I'm so excited to be back again! :D But since I have a very busy schedule, and I'm writing during odd hours, playing with others isn't currently practical. I have considered beginning my own universe, but that too wouldn't be practical. In order to play at my own speed, control my story's content, (and to stay a part of the SARP-verse), I've decided to separate myself just a little bit. By using the loose and less regulated model of independent role-play I have carefully removed my character from the restraints of the charted universe. By keeping some details undefined, here in the beginning of the story, I am allowing myself room for growth and creative freedom. I'm making a great effort to keep my story rich, so that I'm not just creating empty content. And to further prevent unused resources, I will only create wiki pages for this story once it, if it does mature.

psst, Hi Alex. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back