• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Questions regarding Nekos and HS

Tsuki

Inactive Member
If one cannot change a Neko genetically, then is there a way to create hemosynthesized technology that can interface with a Neko and augment it's capabilities? I think there is, since the Kiroshi already uses simalar technology in it's control room.

I wouldn't have thought so as it is stated that no Neko has biological or mechanical augmentations. However I will not pretend to be an expert on this subject.

What augmantations did you want?

I'm not really talkig about the Nekos themselves as I am about temporary HS entities that can augment a Neko's abilities, for just as long as they are there. These can actually be naturally hemosynthesized by the Nekos themselves, so it's not really artificial augmentation.

Okay lemme explain: Say Tsuki needs to do some work with wires that she, as an NH-17R, can't reach. However, Jakei has come up with an HS module of sorts that allows her to work with these wires as if said module were an extension of her body.. Are there any obscure genetics laws that will have the SA lopping off my head?

You mean a bio-neural interface? That would allow her to control the ship as if it was an extension of herself? I see no problem with that. Wes?

Nekos like the NH-17 can form extra limbs, tentacles, and the like from their HS ports (or a wound). The locations are the same as the ones on the NH-7.

There's an NH-7 manual here:
https://stararmy.com/org/wickedarms/NH-7_TM.html

Outer HS Ports:

* HS1: Wing Hardpoint, Left shoulderblade. Also used for shoulder cannon mounts.
* HS2: Wing Hardpoint, Right shoulderblade.
* HS3: Chest HS Port
* HS4: Hip hardpoint, Front Left Side
* HS5: Hip hardpoint, Front Right Side
* HS6: Tail Port, Located at the base of the spine

As for interfacing with something, the Nekos have the Shoulder Link Interface Control System (SLICS) which involves holes running through their shoulders that serve as plug-in points for things like Nekovalkyra starships and mecha (usually made by Ketsurui Fleet Yards).

The NH-7 has holes that run through her shoulders, three on the front and three on the back of each. The holes, which are arranged in a circular pattern, two on the top, and one on the bottom, are evenly placed on the imaginary circle, with the lower one oriented in the direction of her arm. These holes are used for interface with mecha and vehicular systems. Inside these holes, you can often see the pink triangle of flesh that surrounds the actual holes themselves.

Where are the manuals it refers to?

See also:
FM 23-99 (ASTFAOW Use Techniques and Regulations)
TB 11-1408-015-15 (Frequency Hop Telepathy)
TB 9-0667-023-15 (Hemosynthetics)

And, on a minor side note, what would an outside observer see if a Neko were to hemosynthesize something from an external HS port?

Where are the manuals it refers to?
They exist in the in-character world, but in reality, they were never written.

And, on a minor side note, what would an outside observer see if a Neko were to hemosynthesize something from an external HS port?
They'd see a shimmering bulge of red liquid (HS Blood) extend from the HS port and morph into the desired extension. Extensions are organic, most of the time, thought certain Nekos can make metal things, too; they call those ones "penny eaters."

For my ninjutsu article I was wondering about "penny eaters" because I wrote that certain Neko can create their own metal weapons, but it might help to add which ones those are, how, and a little more details other than "via hemosynthetic nanomachines" @Wes

For my ninjutsu article I was wondering about "penny eaters" because I wrote that certain Neko can create their own metal weapons, but it might help to add which ones those are, how, and a little more details other than "via hemosynthetic nanomachines" @Wes
Added to my list of feedback.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back