• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission R1 Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I want to put some of the other GH stuff to use, but I haven't bought any yet :_(

I remember you guys buying some ASCIs a while ago, no? They could fit into this if you wanted ;p

wish someone would have mentioned they were making a modified version of the helmet from my power armor. Also the helmet already as all these features.
This version isn't actually needed.

I mean no offense, @Zack, but I concur with what @Jack Pine said in his post above.
  • In my personal opinion, this submission breaks General Rule 1a of the Submission Rules ("All articles submitted to the site must...be useful and relevant in the SARP setting"), as all it does is duplicate the pre-existing capabilities of the Revenant's helmet. It, again in my personal opinion, would be better off as an update to the Revenant as a whole.
  • This submission breaks General Rule 2a of the Submission Rules ("Articles submitted to the site must not contain...copypasta"), as the helmet's Appearance section was copied word-for-word from the final paragraph of the Revenant's Appearance section.
  • In my official opinion, I consider this submission to be an Unwanted Article due to it being a "technology obviously designed to circumvent or ignore current SARP rules and systems." This is because it tries to circumvent DRv3 by claiming that a helmet has the same defensive tier as a full-fledged power armor like the Mindy - which is obviously false.

Last edited:
@Wes aren't the new NTSE rules specifically aimed at 'reviews' like the one above?

Frost only ever seems to post on my articles when he's trying to get them rejected.

No it doesn't go against our rules since Frost is pointing out some errors with this article, meaning yes it does violate General Rule 2a in that there is copy/pasta. Also, this article does replicate the capacities of an already existing item in the wiki, so it would violate GR 1a.

Now, as far as unwanted is concerned, that is a matter of opinion. I'd like to know why you created a separate article for the helmet, so please provide some kind of justification. However, it's DR value's are still to high for a singular piece.

GR1a is for articles that should be split out into their own article. This is the appearance section of a part made from another part so of course that text is copied. So no this obviously isn’t a breach of 2a.

There also obviously isn’t a separate article for a power armor helmet, since the reverent is all one article. That helmet can’t be pulled out and used with another suit so obviously it isn’t a violation of 1a.

The DR value matches the armor it was from, and it also makes sense that the helmet of a Mindy or a Hostile would be of the same protectiveness as the armor. Similarly when this all gets mixed in with some other suit the armor values will be a bit all over the place but the alternative is to not have a DR value which actually is against the rules and there isn’t really a solution for the Dr system being a drag on everything.

Finally: the use is to have a helmet that can be used with other systems. However since the NTSE is non-functional right now it’ll probably be another month or two before the sub components even get looked at and I can’t post the overall article for a modular power armor without enough components to actually make the armor.

Incorrect on 2a, it IS copypasta since it copies some of the text from one article to another. Please rewrite the sentence or you can remove the sentence from the Rev article so as to make this a stand alone component, and then mention that it can be used by the armor as well.
Incorrect on 1a, in it's current iteration it has no use since it is similar in form and function to the one found in the Revanant article.

When we do the DR value for the armor it is the value of the entire armor itself, not it's individual components. This helmet is just one small piece of that armor, and thus it alone shouldn't have the armor value of an entire suit of armor. Once again, please lower it.

Finally: the use is to have a helmet that can be used with other systems. However since the NTSE is non-functional right now it’ll probably be another month or two before the sub components even get looked at and I can’t post the overall article for a modular power armor without enough components to actually make the armor.

I'm here trying to work with you and help you understand the problems with this article, Code of Conduct Rule 1 states: We expect and require respectful behavior. What you posted was disrespectful considering someone is trying to help you out. If you continue to display this kind of behavior I will be forced to reject an article that I feel only has a few flaws that could be solved rather quickly by making a few edits.

Checklist:

[ x ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ️x ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ x ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ x ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ x ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ - ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels (this one is debatable)
[ x ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ / ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ / ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ x ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Please fix the aformentioned problems.

Edit: Having just found out that this might be a rip of another users article(Jacks), I am putting this submission on-hold temporarily.

Last edited:
I think this might also be slightly disrespectful to Jack, since he made the original article, and you didn't consult him at all. You just used it without thinking to ask him if it was OK to do so.

As the requested changes have not been made, I am putting a three day rejection timer on this submission. If the changes are not made within that time frame, this submission will be rejected.

1. Fixing the copy/pasta is as simple is applying a link to the descriptive part of the revanant suit that has the information on the helmet, this removes the copy/pasta from *that* particular part of the problem.
2. The DR rating needs to be changed. T3 is what I'll settle for, now you can augment this in the future with additional updates, but right now that is what I would need in order to clear that problem.
3. Based off what Alex has said above, I would like @Jack Pine to post and state whether or not he is ok with this.

Only one reviewer should be posting in a thread at a time, and reviewers who have been asked by staff not to review a submission should not be posting in this thread.

I believe if he wants to make something as a separate part from one of my articles, he should give it features it doesn't already have. Also not replace what components are already there. Again this is the same helmet minus armor.

If he wants to make a new one, he should add, and not swap. Also please ask me next time, that way I know about it and can actually ok it.

Can reviewers not post their opinions as players like everyone else?
If you're wearing a reviewer banner you should be either conducting the review or staying out of a thread because having like 5 reviewers show up in your thread is basically dogpiling the submitter, which is something we want to avoid.

Please bare in mind that you'll still need to fix the copy/pasta and DR. I'll actually poke Jack in regards to the DR since he was the one who originally created the article and would have a better idea of what it might fall under.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back