• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Ran Rui

Koenig808

Inactive Member
Name: Ran Rui

General Information

Species: Nepleslian

Family / Creators: Mother - Deceased Father - Deceased Sister - Deceased

Employer: Star Army of Nepleslia
Current Assignment: Ship Security/Grunt Work

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6 Feet 3 Inches
Weight: 175 ilbs
Measurements: n/a
Bra Size: n/a

Build and Skin Colour: Even though he is an average height, the sheer amount of muscles that make up his body make him seem a bit more shorter. Most noted for his wide, muscular shoulders and large,well-developed leg muscles.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: His face seems as though someone could break a brick on it. He is a square-jawed man, with permanently thinned lips. From the look of him, he appears to be a mix of the Asian and Caucasian sub-races, with more emphasis on his caucasian lineage.
Hair Colour and Style: His hair is a jet-black color, worn in a crew-cut fashion while serving onboard a ship. While out in the field, he will cut it into a short mohawk, believing that such a hairstyle will be intimidating to his enemies.

Distinguishing Features: He has a permanent, thin scar running diagonally up and to the right across his lips, gotten during basic combat training from tripping forward and splitting his face open with the butt of his rifle.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Ran believes in being prepared for the most unexpected, and is rarely seen wearing anything casual around friends. The most-dressed up he will ever be is in his service uniform while on-board, and even then, he wears it rather sloppily. Having being field-stripped several times (demotion) he has a certain dislike towards officers, refferring to them as "Goddamn know-it-all motherfuckers" to his fellow enlisted men. He is inherently vulgar, but knows when and when not to cross the line. He treats women with the utmost of respect, and has been known to flirt with some of the female cooks. He religiously follows the doctrine that "Pain is weakness leaving the body", and is supportive to his fellow enlisted men in a tough-father sort of way.

Likes: Meat, Going to the Range, Heavy Metal Music, Women, Grunt Work
Dislikes: Working in an office, Officers (Lieutenants, mostly), Enemies of Neplesia.
Goals: To hold the rank of Master Sergeant, Formation of a Space Marine Corps

History

Born to a family of three, his father and mother both served in the Star Army of Nepleslia. On his visit to another Nepleslian ship, the ship that his mother and father and sister were living on suffered a malfunciton in their power systems, causing his family and all of those on-board to die of CO2 poisoning. Ever since then, he was taken in by numerous enlisted men and officers, who all gave up on him after an average of 3 years. His last adoptive parent was an abusive, drunkard, molesting Sergeant, who frequently abused Ran up until his late teens, where he enlisted in the Star Army of Nepleslia. The same man would become his squad leader, and would later die in combat due to "accidental friendly fire." He since then grew up into the man he is today, a mere Sub-Sergeant, thanks to his treatment of Officers in the field.

Skills

Fighting and Physical: He is most known as being "A grunt's grunt", being able to carry heavy loads over a long distance. Known for his unconventional hand-to-hand fighting style, in which he throws off any semblance of technique in order to defeat an opponent. Religiously sharpens his knife, and when asked if he's afraid that he will be killed while using a knife, responds "Well, they'd better kill me, cause I sure as hell will kill them", which is followed by a playful prod of said question-seeker. Regularly trains with most incarnations of rifles, strictly avoiding the Sniper variants. Despises most Submachine guns, calling them "The bastard child that started in a moment of drunken passion between pistols and rifles."

Communications: Most noted for being able to keep his head cool during a firefight, and for using the commmunications radio as a rifle rest in long-range sharpshooting (different from "Sniping".) Nevertheless, he is farmiliar with most communication protocols and hand-signals. Because of his advanced skill with vulgarities, Ran is very fluent in english, and once dreamed of being a English Language teacher.

Survival: Ran is able to survive for a decent amount of time on his own without food and water. If need be, he is able to hunt for various kinds of animals, and is known for his "Whatever, fuck it" attitude in regards to drinking water from streams. His preferred survival tent is a nice little rock formation with a space in between them, but can survive just fine under a heavy laver of large leaves. Not one for camouflage. His attitude towards Guerilla Fighting is, "I'm a big guy, I cant sneak around to kill someone. I'd rather just hide and fight battles I know I can win."

Strategy: Known for disciplining his underlings under fire with a swift slap on the back of their necks. Knows the basics of squad tactics and prefers to keep it that way for now. "Let the fuckin' Lieutenants deal with the platoon. Bastards." Can use a tactical map just fine, and knows enough math to judge distances in a good estimate.

:

:

:

That looks like a very promising bio. Odds are you'd be able to get seven skills since you're part of the army and got trained.

Tom, Doshii, c'mere and say what you think of this bio. It looks to me like this could be a good addition to plots like the NSS Alliance ^_^;

I figured I wouldn't go through it, since it's a Nep bio and Tom's got ultimate say. But I will give it my own little green light because this does indeed look like damn fine work. I've got no worthwhile complaints.

This bio is hardcore. Normally I get tired of the "abusive past" bios, but this one is alright. Did you want to go ahead and add more skills? If not, consider it approved.

Hrm, well I guess a Medical skill wouldn't be too bad. Stuff like being able to proritize wounds, apply CPR and treatment of light to medium wounds. Ran is essentially a Combat Infantryman to the core.

I'd love it if Ran could be part of the Marine contingent in the NSS Alliance board. Vulgarities and hilarity will ensue

Well, you can try picking up as much occupational fields for your occupation, adding in demolition, pilot (land vehicle), medical or Maintenance and Repair - this would clearly make your character adept at most of the things concerning the skills useful to his field.

However, your character is a 28 years old person. He's still young, but not exactly fresh. You might want to add in skills which would reflect his age rather than military competency because, well, from the looks of the history, he looks like the humble, nonexceptional everyday whom just scrapes by (no offense intended: it's just what I feel from him).

I think skills related to hobbies/pastimes might be nice: arts (knifecarving random blocks of wood with his issue combat knife), culinary (making drinks?), some domestic skills (he looks like a kid whom would have been prodded to slave to do chores, he could know how to mend clothes, clean upand that sort of stuff), entertainment (playing some easy to lug around instrument like the oh-so-annoying harmonica)...

I hope this helps. I think by this point, your character is already competent, so, I'd recommend using skills to flesh him out as a person rather than just improving him as a soldier.

Name: Ran Rui

General Information

Species: Nepleslian

Family / Creators: Mother - Deceased Father - Deceased Sister - Deceased

Employer: Star Army of Nepleslia
Current Assignment: Ship Security/Grunt Work/Infantry

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6 Feet 3 Inches
Weight: 175 ilbs
Measurements: n/a
Bra Size: n/a

Build and Skin Colour: Even though he is an average height, the sheer amount of muscles that make up his body make him seem a bit more shorter. Most noted for his wide, muscular shoulders and large,well-developed leg muscles.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: His face seems as though someone could break a brick on it. He is a square-jawed man, with permanently thinned lips. From the look of him, he appears to be a mix of the Asian and Caucasian sub-races, with more emphasis on his caucasian lineage.
Hair Colour and Style: His hair is a jet-black color, worn in a crew-cut fashion while serving onboard a ship. While out in the field, he will cut it into a short mohawk, believing that such a hairstyle will be intimidating to his enemies.

Distinguishing Features: He has a permanent, thin scar running diagonally up and to the right across his lips, gotten during basic combat training from tripping forward and splitting his face open with the butt of his rifle.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Ran believes in being prepared for the most unexpected, and is rarely seen wearing anything casual around friends. The most-dressed up he will ever be is in his service uniform while on-board, and even then, he wears it rather sloppily. Having being field-stripped several times (demotion) he has a certain dislike towards officers, refferring to them as "Goddamn know-it-all motherfuckers" to his fellow enlisted men. He is inherently vulgar, but knows when and when not to cross the line. He treats women with the utmost of respect, and has been known to flirt with some of the female cooks. He religiously follows the doctrine that "Pain is weakness leaving the body", and is supportive to his fellow enlisted men in a tough-father sort of way.

Likes: Meat, Going to the Range, Heavy Metal Music, Women, Grunt Work
Dislikes: Working in an office, Officers (Lieutenants, mostly), Enemies of Neplesia.
Goals: To hold the rank of Master Sergeant, Formation of a Space Marine Corps

History

Born to a family of three, his father and mother both served in the Star Army of Nepleslia. On his visit to another Nepleslian ship, the ship that his mother and father and sister were living on suffered a malfunciton in their power systems, causing his family and all of those on-board to die of CO2 poisoning. Ever since then, he was taken in by numerous enlisted men and officers, who all gave up on him after an average of 3 years. His last adoptive parent was an abusive, drunkard, molesting Sergeant, who frequently abused Ran up until his late teens, where he enlisted in the Star Army of Nepleslia. The same man would become his squad leader, and would later die in combat due to "accidental friendly fire." He since then grew up into the man he is today, a mere Sub-Sergeant, thanks to his treatment of Officers in the field.

Skills

Fighting and Physical: He is most known as being "A grunt's grunt", being able to carry heavy loads over a long distance. Known for his unconventional hand-to-hand fighting style, in which he throws off any semblance of technique in order to defeat an opponent. Religiously sharpens his knife, and when asked if he's afraid that he will be killed while using a knife, responds "Well, they'd better kill me, cause I sure as hell will kill them", which is followed by a playful prod of said question-seeker. Regularly trains with most incarnations of rifles, strictly avoiding the Sniper variants. Despises most Submachine guns, calling them "The bastard child that started in a moment of drunken passion between pistols and rifles."

Communications: Most noted for being able to keep his head cool during a firefight, and for using the commmunications radio as a rifle rest in long-range sharpshooting (different from "Sniping".) Nevertheless, he is farmiliar with most communication protocols and hand-signals. Because of his advanced skill with vulgarities, Ran is very fluent in english, and once dreamed of being a English Language teacher.

Survival: Ran is able to survive for a decent amount of time on his own without food and water. If need be, he is able to hunt for various kinds of animals, and is known for his "Whatever, fuck it" attitude in regards to drinking water from streams. His preferred survival tent is a nice little rock formation with a space in between them, but can survive just fine under a heavy laver of large leaves. Not one for camouflage. His attitude towards Guerilla Fighting is, "I'm a big guy, I cant sneak around to kill someone. I'd rather just hide and fight battles I know I can win."

Strategy: Known for disciplining his underlings under fire with a swift slap on the back of their necks. Knows the basics of squad tactics and prefers to keep it that way for now. "Let the fuckin' Lieutenants deal with the platoon. Bastards." Can use a tactical map just fine, and knows enough math to judge distances in a good estimate.

Humanities: Ran isn't the type to show any outward emotions of affection towards his underlings, peers and superiors. But if the time calls for it, he is able to provide psychological comfort to those in need. He has taken a deep interest in Eastern Nepleslian philosophies, particularly ones based not on the worship of deities but the advancement of the human mind and spirit. Because of his hardships that he endured, he believes in no supreme deity, and merely seeks to leave a good and lasting impression on the world when he leaves.

Art and Vocations: He has a strange taste in Anime, and even has the dreaded "pedobear" with a big red X tattoed on his right ass cheek, where his fellow Space Marines will hopefully never find. He is renowned for smacking the clay instructor in the face after getting frustrated during the free seminaries on ship, and frequently giggles at the naked women and sexual images he paints on fellow sleeping Marine's faces.

:

Alrighty. If there isnt such a thing as a Planetary Marine in the NSS, please change it. Otherwise, I would love for this profile to be approved.

FUKKIN <s>SAVED</s> APPROVED!

1161421942980.gif

Solid bio. I'll retroactively post your orders. Also join the Nepleslia group if you haven't yet.

We've changed our rankings recently, so your new character rank is Sergeant.

As a heads up, here's the current listing of rankings, from bottom to top:

ENLISTED RANKS:

Soldier 3rd class
Soldier 2nd class
Soldier 1st class
Sergeant

WARRANT OFFICER RANKS:

Cadet 3rd grade
Cadet 2nd grade
Cadet 1st grade
Sub lieutenant

OFFICER RANKS: