• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Random Alien Faction Submission

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:

1. Text needed following all page headers - See Style Guide on Star Army Space Roleplay
2. Remove all bold and use headers for sections instead of bolding stuff - This is important for page navigation

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:

1. Text needed following all page headers - See Style Guide on Star Army Space Roleplay
2. Remove all bold and use headers for sections instead of bolding stuff - This is important for page navigation

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!
I have made it in line with the rules.

Hmm. I'm thinking that in some cases it might make sense to break out some of the larger sections into their own articles, replacing them with a paragraph of two of overview and then "for detailed culture, see [[faction:Random Alien:culture]] and so forth. Do you agree? I can help with this if you need me to.

I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but isn’t giving (or allowing…?) a brand-new faction thirty-five star systems - an amount only surpassed by the “Big Two” of the setting, Yamatai and Nepleslia - a bit… much? From what I remember, no other player (or NPC) faction - some of which have existed for far longer, such as Elysia, the Iromakunahe, and the Neshaten - has anything close to that much territory.

Edit: As an unofficial suggestion - and this is a very, very, very rough ballpark number, as I haven’t looked at any faction territory counts - maybe reduce it to a dozen or so…?

Last edited:
One point to note is that this is a non-sector submission, by which I mean that it's going to not be on the main Kikyo Sector map. It's been discussed, in general, that as we branch out into new sectors, that things are going to be played a bit more loosely in regards to relative power of factions and things won't be quite the same as they are in the Kikyo Sector.

Fair enough, Alex, though I still personally feel that the system count should still at the very most be around twenty or so - as that way it’s merely a little less then triple the size of most other factions, as opposed to quintuple.

Edit: Regardless, however, consider my complaint officially withdrawn given what Alex posted above. These are merely my personal suggestions, nothing more.

Last edited:
Fair enough, Alex, though I still personally feel that the system count should still at the very most be around twenty or so - as that way it’s merely a little less then triple the size of most other factions, as opposed to quintuple.

Edit: Regardless, however, consider my complaint officially withdrawn given what Alex posted above. These are merely my personal suggestions, nothing more.
I'd also ask you to consider that the systems are too far away to have any mechanical effect. we're talking months of travel time at full warp.

Essentially, the amount of ships allocated yo the Kikyo sector would be at most 10 or 15.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back