• 📅 January 2022 is YE 43.7 in the RP.

RP [Ravenaca's Watch] Rhythm

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Patrol Lance

Arye found herself feeling impatient at the potential threat in front of them. She wanted to say something to her Wingleader, tell her to fuck command, and let’s go fight, but she knew V wouldn’t be up to that. She knew what her friend was like, so she waited as patiently as possible until she heard V’s command. She let out a sound that sounded like ‘finally’, which wouldn’t be heard by anyone of her lance. Her optics jiggled as she suddenly accelerated, moving at a much faster rate than most.

“Copy that, Wingleader!’ She said through the comms as she made her way over. Though she attempted to keep her enthusiasm from her voice to give off the impression she was focused, not excited like a little kid being sent out to play, but there might be something in her voice. She kept her focus, so she made her approach ready to fire if she was able to get a good shot that didn’t fail the parameters she was given.
 

demibear

Staff Member
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
Patrol Lance

Mikael did not say anything. Focused on assessing the defensive abilities of the entity, he and his Ryoko initiated an alpha strike. Mini-missiles trained on only the entity started to spill out of the launchers located on the hips and right shoulder. Meanwhile his Plasma Beam Rifle unleashed controlled shots towards it in between the the Armor Piecing rounds leaving the barrel of his 155mm Linear Howitzer.

He kept monitoring the position of the shuttle.

Interior

"Turn on your helmet cameras. Command wants intel." Sara sent as a text to every member of the away team as they made their way back to the landing point. When they rounded the corner, she immediately motioned for them to stop and seek cover.

"Shit!" Mizumitsu said to herself as the construct came to view. She then looked to Maren. "Is there any other way to the shuttle bay?" she somewhat whispered, assuming the construct did not immediately see them.

She was hesitant to give the pirates their weapons back. But if they were going to have a running battle back to the landing point, having people unable to defend themselves was going to complicate things immensely.
 

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🎖️ Game Master
Interior

As instructed Taro let her helmet-camera record their surroundings, making sure to sweep it past anything interesting looking to capture as much information as possible due to how unlikely it was they'd come back to this place without ripping it to shreds first.

Then something very interesting crossed the squad's collective view, and Taro elegantly side-stepped into the cover of a nearby alcove, pressing her back into the metal surface to minimize her profile as the construct passed by.

"Well this is quite the upset," she quietly mused, looking across to Sara and then back at their little gaggle of unarmed pirates. As co-operative as they'd been so far she didn't want to give back the recently claimed bag of weapons if she didn't need to.

With one hand gripping at the dufflebag's straps the violet-eyed android slowly slid down the wall into a squat that'd look almost suggestive in any other situation, the nylon strap creaking against her gloved hand as Taro's sculped brow furrowed ever so slightly. Her gaze lowly returned to Sara, conveying a similar thought that they might need to go through that thing before peeking back out to where the construct had gone, hoping there was some alternate route the pirates knew of.
 

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
Away Team, detached party: Orlan
Orlan’s shot at the construct that was close behind him was rewarded with the prismic construct beginning to lose cohesion and slow its pursuit. The mercenary could tell that his electrical weapons, while unconventional, were having a much greater effect than the kinetic weapons of the normal soldiers.

As he passed the two soldiers and gave them his instructions, the two soldiers gave a nod, and though their faces were obscured by their helmets, he could guess that they likely were wide-eyed but determined.

“We’ll follow you, your weapon seems to be doing a hell of a lot more than our peashooters.” One said as the small group moved through the halls, making its way back towards the away team’s point of egress.

Away Team: Sara, Taro
As the away team took cover, the prismic construct lingered for a moment before seeming to slide away, down the direction that the group would have gone normally. After a few breathless moments, soldiers began to move away from their hiding spaces.

Maren cleared her throat before speaking up, peeking her head out ever so slightly to look at the route that the construct had taken. “If it’s heading the way I think it is, you should be able to take an alternate route through the cargo hold. It’s the next left after we go left here, and then right and straight down the hold all the way back to the landing pad.”

As Sara and the pirate matriarch spoke, the soldiers and the pirates shuffled around a bit and regarded each other warily. Clearly neither group trusted each other too much, despite Maren’s cooperation thus far.

Alpha Lance: V115, Arye, Mikael
While V115 and Ayre held their fire and closed in, they could see the large construct begin to turn and face toward them. It seemed that they’d succeeded in drawing its attention away from the shuttle, which sent them a quick “Thank you” message over radio. While neither chose to fire, their patience was being rewarded with more accurate targeting solutions as they grew closer.

Meanwhile, Mikael chose to open fire on the target from a further distance. A flurry of missiles, a few plasma beams, and couple of 155mm kinetic rounds streaked towards the metallic construct. The missiles seemed to waver off course as they approached, and either detonated early or missed their target. The plasma beams however struck home, leaving patches of heated material on their target.

The kinetic rounds, however, finally did lasting damage. One hit where a plasma beam had left a softer target, they gouged into one of the construct’s segments, causing it to tumble away from the whole and become unresponsive. Mikael had learned a few valuable things; that the target somehow interfered with the tracking computers of guided weaponry, that it was unshielded, but that it was difficult to hurt despite this.
 

WinterRebelM78

Active Member
Away Team

Orlan could not help but grin when he saw that his electric weaponry had achieved greater results than the soldiers' firearms. They were still in danger however, and Orlan called to the soldiers, "I'll keep these things back! You two just keep moving!"

They closed in on the rendezvous point, and Orlan decided that for good measure, to fire another bolt of electricity at the construct in pursuit. He would continue to backpedal toward the team's designated meeting point, observing the activity at his six to see if this next shot would either finish off the construct or make it even more sluggish. Another reason that he watched their back was to make sure that no additional constructs were joining the tense chase. He sent a quick transmission to the other members of the away team stating, "Away team members be advised, these machines seem to be susceptible to electric-based weaponry!"

As Orlan drew nearer to the objective, he hoped that neither him nor his teammates would be ambushed by any more constructs. Right now, their safety was his top priority
 

Yandere

Well-Known Member
Alpha Lance - V115

With the hostile now changing course away from the shuttle and creating a clear line of fire V115 finished her calculations as she maneuvered into an effective range for her main weapons. When the desired distance was reached she was about to mentally pull the trigger on her weapons when the unknown took damage from Harris-chui's salvo of attacks. Her systems tracked the chunk that was broken off as it went inert and veered off from the main body. Hopefully it was actually nonfunctional. Still the new information on what it was vulnerable to left them in a tight spot possibly with what their weapon outfits were. Still it was time to find out if her own primary weapons were effective against the unknown's construction. Taking a moment to hone her aim, she lined up a shot with the unknown and mentally the pulled the trigger on her twin diadem cannons. Assuming the plating that made up the exterior wasn't too thick her own weapons would cleanly penetrate, well unless there was a shield surrounding it too...
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Alpha Lance – Arye
Arye’s sensors observed the attacks that her comrades made and she saw that Harris-chui’s attack did the moment they made contact. She silently searched for the ship’s scanners hoping to find anything that could let her see not only their opponent but what it was made of. She also saw that their opponent didnt have a shield so she knew V's attack will hit.
 
Last edited:

demibear

Staff Member
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
Away Team - Sara

Sara nods at the woman.

"Alright, move out towards the cargo hold and double time to the rendezvous point. If you have for some reason electric based weaponry, switch to that.

Move out!" Sara said silently with her body's communication systems to her infantrymen's headsets. Since their weapons were not that effective, life had decided for her that she would not need to trust the pirates would shot them in the back. She would note to Internal Security the cooperation of their leader and some of the pirates involved.

-------------------
Alpha Lance - Mikael

"No shielding, but I would strongly advise against using any missile that you cannot direct control. I am going to fire my non-offensive mini-missiles at it and try to gather more information on what is causing the disruption of their guidance systems." Mikael said rather coldly over the lance's frequency.

He was not familiar with the communication protocols of the NDC well enough, but he was aware that they made use of laser communications. So while he transmitted the message, he sent an easily decodable data packet to V115's craft.

"I am an outsider to NDC military traditions, but years of wars taught me this: do and ask forgiveness later. Inaction is death." Mikael was legit interested V's future as an officer.

Mikael switched to his loaded mini-missiles and selected 3 Space and Orbital Sensor Misdirection, 2 Nodal Sensor mini-missiles and one of the 10 stealth mini-missiles for the next 2 volley of mini-missiles to ripple fire at the construct.

Flying a bit harder to get closer to his faster lancemates, he fired once again with the same pattern of fire in a regular cadence.
 

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
Away Team, detached party: Orlan

Orlan met relatively little resistance as he moved towards the landing pad where he and the rest of the away team had made their insertion. For a time, no one talked as the bulky blue power armor clanked through the halls with the two infantrymen in tow, their footfalls much quieter in comparison though by no means silent. The clank of metal on metal and the dull thud of the combat boots of the non-power-armored infantry was all that Orlan could hear aside from his own breathing.

As he approached the rally marker, he was able to see the relative location of the main team from his Thunderwave’s HUD. They were definitely approaching but not from the direction that he might have assumed; instead the main group was moving towards him from off to the side.

Orlan wouldn’t have much time to ponder this development though, as the construct that he had encountered previously could be heard making its way down the corridor that he’d come from, and a power signature similar to that of the construct could be seen approaching from the route that the group had first taken upon entering the station. The mercenary had only a few moments before the constructs would be upon him, but fortunately there were numerous boxes and objects that might serve as cover in the area. Hearing the oncoming threats, the two infantrymen looked to Orlan for instruction.

Away Team: Sara, Taro

As the group of soldiers and prisoners made their way towards the cargo bay they had several other close calls with constructs. With nothing to go on, it wasn’t clear whether or not they were running into the same one multiple times or if there were many different constructs roaming the station by this point. The tactic that the group had used earlier seemed to work well enough, simple cover seeming to deter the interest of the enigmatic machines. Either they were unable to detect the group or they simply had no interest in them for some reason.

As they finally made it to the entrance to the cargo bay they were met with a door that didn’t open automatically for them, seemingly locked. Maren, the pirate matriarch, gave an annoyed growl as she tapped her food while an NDC soldier struggled with the door before finally snapping “Oh just let me. I would have figured you conclave types to have a way to bust that down,” as she shouldered her way to the door despite her restrained hands, placing an eye up to a device which scanned her quickly before unlocking the door.

As the group filtered into the cargo bay, they found it surprisingly empty… and free of gravity. The pirates seemed unfazed by this, suggesting that it was left that way on purpose, but it took a moment of fumbling for some of the green infantrymen to activate their magboots and latch onto a surface. At Sara’s suggestion to use electrical weaponry one of the members of the away team, a heavy weapons specialist by the name of Rourke, spoke up. “It’s not exactly electric, but do you figure my Avenger might do the trick?” he asked, hefting the plasma rifle to present it to Sara, just as another construct rounded the corner to of the corridor at the other end of the cargo bay.

Alpha Lance: V115, Arye, Mikael

As Mikael fired off his sensor disrupting missiles they were sent spiraling away from the target the same as the offensive missiles, however, that didn’t stop them from accomplishing their mission. As the cyan-tipped missiles were sent off-target, they released their payload of volumetric decoys, false-mindies and sensor signatures to match them flooded the space around the construct, causing it to pause and change course to investigate them. His sensor missiles didn’t reveal much about the construct itself, other than recording that there was some kind of signal that emanated from their target and that it was disrupting their guidance computers. Perhaps with time and the work of experts a counter to this could have been found, but Mikael didn’t have that now.

Ayre’s efforts in information gathering were somewhat less successful, her Starbreaker poorly equipped to conduct a material analysis of the unknown craft as it whirled in place, seeming to be confused by the false targets projected by the misdirection missiles for a moment before settling in to face her. Perhaps her decision not to fire had caused the internal logic of the enemy machine to decide that she was more vulnerable than her comrades. Nevertheless, as the enemy construct approached her the starbreaker’s onboard sensors collected targeting data which was fed to the rest of the lance.

As Ayre evaded, V115’s and Mikael’s shots began to land. While Mikael’s plasma cannon and railgun fire chewed away at the main body of the craft, it seemed to turn again, switching to face him as Ayre escaped safely from the construct’s attack. And just as it seemed like the machine would make a move on Mikael, one that he might not have survived, V115’s attack hit it from behind. The electric blue beam of an inverse fold wave pierced through the enigmatic machine for a moment, slicing slightly as the relative positions of target and attacker shifted, before fading out and leaving a sparking gash that one could have seen cleanly through if one were so inclined.

The main body seemed to tumble away from the various sub-structures, and all three pilots could hear cheering coming over their comms channel from the bridge.
 

WinterRebelM78

Active Member
Away Team-Orlan

So far so good, Orlan and his team managed to reach the rally marker. It seemed that they would soon be joined by the rest of the away team according to his HUD, which brought an even greater relief. Unfortunately, the danger did not seem content on letting either him or his comrades go just yet, as constructs were coming in their direction. He noted the crates and other things that could provide a strategic defensive advantage, and he intended to make use of them. He pointed to the objects and ordered the two men, "Take up defensive positions behind those boxes! We'll hold out until the rest of our team shows up! Hopefully then we'll get our butts off this station!"

Hoping that the infantrymen would follow his orders, Orlan stood behind a large piece of machinery and took aim at the first construct that showed itself. He fired off a bolt of electricity with more confidence in the knowledge that these defensive beings were weaker against voltage than conventional ballistic weaponry. Orlan snapped to the next construct that made its presence known and sought to use another lightning attack to try to put that one out of commission as well.
 
RPG-D RPGfix
Top