• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SYNC Reaching Out

Jack Pine

RP Date
YE 40
To: Akamaru Datenshi

I hope this message finds you well, and I am happy to say we've been making excellent progress on the warfront with the wise command of Hanako Ketsuri. I'm sorry it too a while to finally send this message to you, but I haven't forgotten that night at the bar. I hoped we could keep in touch via SYNC correspondence until we have the next chance to meet. I hope to possibly continue what was the potential starting of something that night, and look forward to your reply.

.......Kai Sagara, helmsman of the Eucharis, we had sex at that bar in Yamatai before we were both redeployed. You didn't stay long because you were running late for your transport.

To: Kai Sagara

... Oh yeah! Ok yea now I remember what's going on? Sorry just been busy and shit and well, I don't remember all my quickies. What's up?

We've managed to push back the kuvies from the Ketsuri military sector, and have been awarded some time off as the ship undergoes repairs. Fleet is doing much the same as the line is reinforced. Other then that, a little bit of family matters kept me occupied for a bit. Been quiet though, and we're all waiting for the next wave at this point. I hope things are going just as well, if not better for you at least?

Been busy. Got on my old ship I served on years ago, and already got into combat which I'm kinda in the middle of currently, so lets continue in a bit?

~~A few days later~~

Yo! Sorry bout that some shit came up and well I kinda forgot about this till a reminder I set about this message went off which was supposed to go off the next day but I fucked up in the middle of the fight and wound up setting it for like... A few days later. Then I snoozed it cause I was asleep at the time and thought it was my alarm clock and that set it back another few days and long story short I'm dumb.

So what's up?

We retook the Ketsurai military sector, ship finished it's refit and repairs, now the brass is devising the fleet's next move. So things are iffy at best right now, but other then that things have been calm. I trust you and your comrades have been doing well in your operations?

Yea, we got into some shit over at the scrapyard, had some fun over there, then came back to Yamatai to go ahead and celebrate the end of the year so it's nice. I just gave a kid a toy SARAH.

Yeah, kids.....I don't know if I mentioned it when we last saw each other, but I have a daughter deployed. Apparently by some chance, on the Eucharis as well. To say it was a awkward holiday is putting it lightly. I hadn't met her before, or even knew of her until my ex mentioned it the last time I went to see her out West. The conversations between me and my daughter haven't exactly been pleasant. But that being said, I'm proud of her.

Hey! Least you didn't try to sleep with her! I don't have any kids of my own, definitely don't want any, not mama material here. I think I might be a godmother though? Not really sure... I should probably try and find that out huh? So, any plans for the new year celebrations?

Not really no, just stuck on standby for the time being, so shore leave trips are being allowed for the time being. Why, you have any?

Not sure! I mean I might see if I could get a gig at that bar for a night if my bandmates are here, maybe drag one of my crewmates along to play with me, but after that well I'm frankly not sure... Might spend some time up in that office at the bar.

Well, hit me with the time and date if you do, and I'll stop by for the performance. You play very well, so you have a fan in me. Daughter may, may not tag along, depends on a few things. But yeah anyways, I hope you do get the chance to perform, as it's good to have some time to unwind when we can. Especially with this war on.

Daughter huh? It's not gonna be weird if I hit on her by accident is it cause full disclosure I tend to say and do dumb things ok? Anyway sounds good I'll shoot it over if I'm able to!

Maybe if we were in a relationship, which unless I'm a dunce, we aren't as far as I'm aware. So I see no issue with it. Who you flirt with is your business, but anyways, I look forward to seeing the show if it happens. You know how to reach.

Hey just figured I'd shoot a message your way, the war has been long so I hadn't had time to say hi. Sad to say the Eucharis was decommissioned and Shosho Hanako has taken a position at SAoY command in Kyoto. I already miss the helm there honestly, but I already got a new stationing. Actually got stationed with one of my daughters and my new granddaughter as the pilot got defense unit Chiaka class destroyer. Some station called the Shiroyama out in orbit around Terra Multa. Seems like so much has changed since last year, and now everything is too damn quiet compared to being in the roaring frontline. Eh, sorry if this message finds you at a bad time, and for the length, thought I would say hi and maybe catch up if possible. I however hope it finds you well Datenshi.

Dearly,
Kai Sagara

Hey! Good to hear from you. That sucks about the Eucharis, and about the Shosho heading off the front lines. Not many commanders out there like her, she'll be missed from a ship. But hey, sounds like you got a good posting with the kiddos, so that's always good right? I'm doing... Ok? I dunno really, got a lot of shit going on in my head right now and some of it sucks, but that's the way of it I guess. We got a new mission, headed out there now and after we picked up a new crew member. Hey uh... Keep an eye out for a few days ok? I might be sending something your way, but I gotta go talk to the new doc. Time for my check-up. I'll talk to you another time though, it was good to hear from you!

-Datenshi

RPG-D RPGfix
Back