• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Recommend, Rave or Rant a Movie or TV Series

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Thought I would make a thread for a recommended movie or series. I often find people in this community have good taste.

My Rave

Anyway, I will go first since I ran out of The Expanse, I've been watching this new show called "Sweet Home." It is on Netflix (Canada) but it is a South Korean made series. It is in subtitles, so long as you don't mind that. It is about a fictional crisis in South Korea, where people are turning into monsters. It is focused on the tale of a group of survivors in an apartment complex. I really like horror and science fiction and I think it has good elements of both genres. Anyway, check it out.

I've watched the first two seasons of the new Lost in Space (Netflix) and I really enjoyed it and recommend it. They did a really good job and it's genuinely interesting and the production quality is awesome with great costumes, set, and FX.

1608910610849.png

I saw both seasons as well, I really liked it. I'm a little sad that Season 3 will be the final season. It really is hard to find good science fiction (outside of the expanse and new treks) these days, at least something that doesn't get canceled or forced to finish before the logical ending of the story.

Andrew knows this about me but the Expanse is really good and because it's not as well known as Trek or something else I can rave about, I like to bring it up to people looking for new TV. My grandma had a hard time with the first episode and I tried to gently coax her to keep watching it "it's not that scary!" and it was a great thing I did because she and my grandpa ended up really liking it. I just watched the first eps of the new season (all fo them) after saying "just one or two" last night. So good. Every season has been able to tackle new ground, new problems, new plot lines, while still keeping it a consistent story. I also really like how they open seasons. They're not afraid to give you somewhere you haven't been with people you don't know and then make that scene a very central thread with which a lot of the rest of the episodes weave with. Also it was written by JP!!

The newest season of the Expanse is really good so far. Although the CGI seems to have taken a bit of a nosedive in quality, all of the characterizations are at their series best. Really enjoyable. Some of it seems straight outta SARP, honestly. Belters are full-on Freespacers with Inaros channeling Prince Hassan ;)

Can't say I watch too much TV anymore, but if you're a fan of classic high fantasy anime I'd recommend Record of Lodoss War. Beautiful animation, Excellent soundtrack and story, and the voice actors are of good quality.

The spinoff series Chronicles of the Heroic Knight isn't bad either, though the animation's and voice acting seem to be a slight step down, but still pretty good.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back