• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Red Light District, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
"Sure." Logan replied, perhaps a bit too eagerly. "Logan… and you?" He asked, the flashing lights and heavy music pounding the senses in the background.

"Yuuko," the Juni replied with a hint of amusement in her voice.

Logan looked up above the seated crowd and flagged a waitress to come their way. "Patrol... can be such a hard assignment." He smiled, trying to ease the introductions.

"What are you, ground forces?" Yuuko asked. There was a long-standing rivalry between the space forces and those on planets and giant space stations. The same young waitress that had waited on Logan before returned and gave him a nod of respect. "Yes?"

"I'll just have an appetizer of sorts… what ever you suggest." Logan nodded to the waitress. "Oh, and another bourbon." He looked over at Yuuko casually, "What would you like?"

"I'll take a soft chicken taco," Yuuko said to the waitress girl. "...and," she paused, giving Logan a mischeivous look, "Butter Scotch."

"Ground forces, ma'm. Though I'm not opposed to zero-G work." Logan smiled, the previous glass of bourbon being to fuel his confidence. "I'm actually here with a fellow soldier. Frell's his name. He and I are on patrol out here, but decided to take a bit of a break. He might be back, but not anytime soon if things go his way." Logan smirked hiding the thought that he should really be more attentive to his duties.

"I used to be security forces in Central Uesureya, back on Yamatai. Nothing wrong with the surface, but my passion's flying," Yuuko told Logan. "I was once a Taisa, with my own starship command. Now I'm a Juni. I get to keep my ship for the time being, though."

"Well, I'm glad you got to keep your ride..." Logan paused. "Do you come here often? I mean…" Logan shook his head. "Have you been here before? The reason I ask is because Frell was mentioning about a certain Naraku." Logan swallowed a lump in his throat. "Not exactly the nicest girl in the city apparently."

"Blech!" Yuuko made a face. "Naraku is freaky! And no, I've never been in here before." She squinted at him. "I'm the one who caught her last time."

"What?" Logan sat in his chair slack jawed for a moment. "What happened? How did she escape? Tell me about her. Unless…" Logan realized that she was most likely trying to relax and not think about the problems plaguing the city. "We can change the topic, if you wish, Yuuko. I apologize." Logan smiled at he own enthusiasm. "Sometimes I don't know how to sit back and enjoy myself."

"She made a deal...I don't really care to talk about it," Yuuko said as the waitess silently set their food on the table.

To be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back