• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Red Light District, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
ON: Funky City, Nepleslia ( "The Pink Taco" )

"So..." Logan grinned, "You like flying... what ship do you have right now?" Logan grabbed a fried cheese stick from his plate began to munch on it.

"I'm a Mindy M2 power armor pilot. My ship is a Recon-Scout. It's a cozy little home," Yuuko smiled. "I"ve got it pretty much all to myself normally."

After finding nothing interesting to do on the ship, Rett got permission from Kai to go have a look around town until Yuuko got back. After a little while of idly wandering around Funky City, being careful to avoid gangs or too much trouble, he started drifting through the red light district, this was this type of area.

"It sounds like a nice unit." He looked about the room for signs of his comrade, Frell. "So... I think I may have lost my friend. Perhaps it's for the best." Logan smiled uneasily. He was never one for small talk and definitely not one for wooing the ladies.

"It can be only. I used to live with my little sister Keiko, my boyfriend and his daughter, but Keiko ran away and James was killed with his girl when Ralfaris was destroyed for rebellion," the neko girl explained, a sad look forming on her face.

"Looks like my sort of place." Rett said to nobody in particular upon opening the door to the club and coming. The blonde soldier's eyes swept over the crowd in here, hoping to see someone he knew. Or a friendly face would be nice...then again Funky City wasn't repute to have many of those in it. Rett's eyes finally...barely found the Juni in the crowd and whistled to get her attention as he approached.

Logan kept his head down as he spoke. "I'm sorry to hear that, Yuuko." He looked up at her, trying to ease her mind. "You must be tough as nails to keep going after all that. "

Yuuko didn't respond to the whistling, figuring it to be directed at the naked nekos squirming on the nearby stage. "I am. Sometimes jittery, but I can handle myself when things are rough," she told Logan.

Rett half-lidded his eyes for a moment; he wasn't paying attention to what was being said between them really. "Hi Ms. Yuuko." He said. "who's your friend?"

Logan looked up, a bit surprised to see a friend of Yuuko's in a place like this. He promptly reached over and grabbed an empty seat for the stranger, allowing Yuuko to introduce him.

"Rett, this is Logan," Yuuko told Rett, then turned to Logan. "Rett's part of the team after Naraku."

"Sure am, slippery little brat she is too." Rett said and walked over and took the seat offered. "Thanks man." He said to Logan. "You guys just taking a little time off? By the way, Yuuko, the Taisho is wondering where you're at."

"Uh... yeah, just taking a little break." Logan looked a bit uncomfortable. The thought of more Star Army personnel knowing that he was neglecting his patrol duty didn't sit so well with him at that moment.

"Which one?" Yuuko asked Rett. She was personally connected to several of the fleet admirals, including two sisters.

Rett sighed and turned to Yuuko. "Taisho Ashigari." He said with a perked brow then turned to Logan. "everyone needs a break sometime." he reassured the other soldier.

"Yeah," he smirked. "I suppose you're right." Logan turned his attention to Yuuko, curious as to the situation with Naraku.

Yuuko stayed unusually quiet, drinking her scotch a little faster than one should.

"Whoa hey Yuuko, you shouldn't drink it THAT fast...then you're a neko I guess your body can handle it." Rett said. "It's not rush, he just wanted to talk to you about something when you came back but he said no hurry, he's still adjusting and catching up."

Yuuko's glass, empty impacted the table and she looked up from it to the two men, mumbling quietly, "I have mixed feelings about seeing him."

"Well... maybe we should change the topic?" Logan's voice dwindled as he came to the end of his sentence. A bit embarrassed, he downed his bourbon and smiled uneasily at Yuuko.

The scantily-clad waitress eagerly refilled the glasses, apparently desperate for a tip.

"Er...oh great I said something wrong again." Rett said putting his hand to his forehead, then turned to Logan. "Probably a good idea, I've learned in my years that it's not good to push a officer higher than you. Anyway, where are you from Logan?" he asked, his eyes briefly looked up at the waitress. ~that's why I love neko bars, great views.~ He thought, seeing a bit of the girl's breasts.

The waitress noticed Rett's attention and flashed him a quick glance at one of her tiny, underdeveloped mounds before skittering over to another table. Yuuko started on another glass, pausing to ask, "I wonder what the point of life is?"

Logan, happy to do something other than make Yuuko feel uncomfortable, tipped the waitress generously. "Perhaps, sir, you'd like a drink?" He asked Rett, dragging his glass along the table closer to himself.

"Oh me? Nah I'm fine." Rett said to Logan then turned to Yuuko. He blinked once "Hey, what's wrong Yuuko?"

The waitress briefly returned to give Logan a generous and thankful kiss on the lips before taking the money left for her.

Yuuko frowned, "I don't like the idea of her out there."

"I... wow!" Logan sat, dumbstruck at the waitress' equally generous show of gratitude.
Rett patted Logan on the back in a friendly fashion. "I think you've made a friend out of her." he said with a laugh then turned to Yuuko, looking serious again. "Naraku? Well we'll catch her Yuuko, don't worry." He said.

A nearby man started coughing violently, the back of his chair bumping against Rett's.

"Huh?" Rett said and turned to see the man coughing and furrowed his brow and adjusted his posiiton enough to pat the guy on the back a bit hard thinking he was choking.

"Uh..." Logan began to stand up from his chair. "Sir! Are you alright?" Logan asked the man in between his coughing fits.

The man only coughed harder, then started vomiting up blood and going into a spasm. By this time even the action on stage had stopped and all attention was focused on the man.
Rett jolted to his feet and moved quickly and restrained the man to keep him from harming himself or breaking his neck in the spasms. "Someone get a medic!" He said.

Nobody did. They all just stared.

Logan stepped back a bit and shouted Frell's name out among the crowd, hoping for his friend to respond.

Suddenly, a dozen or so bulges appeared under the man's t-shirt. In a second, they exploded and little round things started flying out. People started screaming. Logan got a clear view on one of the little burger-sized things jump into another man's eye and burrow into the guy's skull, killing him instantly. The creatures were hopping all over the place, biting anyone they could. Yuuko stumbled back and knocked one off of her chest. "What the hell?"

Rett jumped back and stomped on a few of them with his metal soled boots. "Everyone get out of here!" he said ripping one off his jacket and throwing as hard as possible onto the floor and grabbed Logan's arm and pulled him toward the door. "cmon Yuuko, let's get out of here." he said pulling out his pistol and vaporizing a few of the buggers.

"Holy shit!" Logan grabbed his gun, causing even more screaming among the crowd. Logan stood following what threats he could see, but soon realized that a missed shot would mean a civilian's possible death. He began to desperately swat the orb-like enemies with the butt of his gun.

Rett should have ran first instead of shooting, because the little things were starting to mob him. Besides, several civilians had already been killed as the pulse from Rett's pistol went through the creatures. Yuuko whipped out her pistol, too, shooting the chain that was handcuffing the neko dancers to the brass poles on the stage. There appeared to be at least twenty dead already. The place was starting to clear out as people frantically ran out the doors. Frell burst out of the doorway to the back hall, wearing only his pants and carrying a machinegun.

"Frell! Let's get out of here!" Logan yelled above the chaos of the crowd. "To the jeep!"
Rett was quick to rip the things off him and went out the door into the street to get away from the things and proceeded to pull them off and stomp on the buggers. "Damn things." he muttered. "What jeep?!" He called over the commotion

One of the bodies from the floor slowly stood up, and, despite being surrounded by the little round things, wasn't attacked by them. He raised up his gun and shot Frell in the face. The soldier slammed back against the wall, blood and brains oozing from the large missing section of his head.

Logan's eyes widened. His heart pounded forcefully in his chest. He stood motionless in the shock of his friend's horrid misfortune.

Rett kept up the shots whenever he got a clear shot at the buggers being careful not to hit his friends.

Yuuko looked at the gunman for a second in confusion, then burnt a hole thorugh his chest. "LOGAN!" she yelled at the man she'd just met. Dozens more of the downed bodies were now getting up and unloading their personal weaponry at the Star Army personnel and anyone else still in the place.

Rett took off and bolted outside, stealing the truck Logan had arrived in and sped off into the night.

Logan looked at Yuuko for what seemed like an eternity. The gunshots fired pounded his ears. Logan quickly snapped out of it. "Yuuko!" He yelled at the top of his lungs as he raised his gun and began to fire at the oncoming foes.

Hundreds of little tentacles writhed beneath the little round creatures' glistening bony tops. Each of the tendrils seemed to be as sharp as a scapel, the way they tore their way into the flesh of their victims. Small arms fire from the (un)dead victims began to rise to a crescendo as they unleashed their fury on the surrounding environment. Yuuko could be seen scampering towards the exit, her back pock-marked with a few bloody holes, some going all the way through, and one arm missing from the elbow down. A large calibre bullet sliced through Logan's thigh. All around him, it rained shattering wood and glass.

Logan fell towards a pillar in the room dragging his self behind it for cover. His leg, completely useless, laid awkwardly out of the protection he so desperately seeked. "Fuck!" Logan screamed out in frustration and fear.

There was a skittering noise as one of the creatures speedily along the floor towards Logan's face.

Amidst the weapons fire... Logan did not take notice of the creature making its way towards him. "Yuuko! Give me covering fire!" Logan sat panic-stricken, waiting for Yuuko, or anyone for that matter, to distract the oncoming danger. Hopefully he could drag himself to the door.

The other two after him actually came from the air, shooting across the room at him in a half-float, half-jump. The tentacles of each were poised to strike. Even the room itself seemed to be spinning. The dead people lurched in closer as well, brandishing guns, knives, and bits of broken furniture. The skittering one on the floor hit first, latching onto the side of Logan's face and injecting it with some sort of liquid substance. Everything seemed to instantly loose focus. It appeared Yuuko had already made it out.

Logan began to scream in pain but was soon silenced as the serum began to take its affect. He choked and writhed on the floor, fighting the poison with all his might. In an instant, Logan's struggle stopped. A motionless corpse lay on the floor, adorned with the automated sequences of red and blue lights from the dancer's stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back