• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Red Light District

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
It was a very dark night through the dirty, litter-covered streets near Nepleslia's capital, Funky City. Several power armor and tanks sat at the gate of Uesureyan Fields, the ancient and massive military base that was across the rivers from the corrupted mass of florescent lights, destitute wanderers, and violent criminals. The driver's chiseled face turned to Logan and gave him a wicked smile as the two-person truck rumbled out of the base's protection and over an olive drab modular bridge into the city. Both of them were decked out in their body armor and their machineguns were within reach. "Where can I take you?" he asked.

"I could use a drink, actually." His gaze not moving from directly in front of him. "Is there a bar nearby?"

"Are you kidding?" The driver said. "How dirty do you want it? And by the way, the name's Frell. Jôtô Hei."

"Logan... Logan Devereaux. Pleasure, Frell." Logan looked up at Frell with a tired look in his eyes. "I just need to... get away from here for a bit. That's all."

"No problem. You like girls?" Frell asked, with a lusty look in his eye.

"Frell... if I didn't like them, you be in trouble right now." Logan grinned, relaxing a bit from the troubles on his mind. "You obviously have a place in mind. I'm in your hands, man." Logan smiled.

"Great!" the man said, sending a the truck into a sharp turn around a street corner. For a city of billions, the streets were surprisingly uncrowded with cars. The sidewalks, however, had a variety of mutants and low-lifes hanging around. Frell sped down the road towards the seedy bar or whereever it was.

"What's this place called that we're going to?" He asked, as he peered out the side of the vehicle; wondering what the people on the streets were doing.

The streetwalkers gave back vacant stares at the man. To them the military seemed privileged and they resented it. Frell said "Pink Taco," proudly, perhaps two quickly to be the joke it should have been.

Logan smiled at Frell's response. "I should have guessed." Logan looked back at Frell and grinned in jest, forgetting his place momentarily. "It's not often I get chauffeured around by higher ranking officers."

"Someone has to hold your hand, kid," Frell chuckled. "And how could I not volunteer for town patrol?" He pulled the jeep into a parking lot that was surrounded by a thick concrete fence with armed guards at the gate. "Don't expect me to pay for your lapdance, though."

Logan opened the door and grabbed his military issue machine gun from the vehicle's weapon holster as he hopped out of the jeep. Logan stared for a moment at the weapon, lost in thought. "Frell... what's the cover charge here?" He muttered under his breath as he made his way to the club's entrance.

"It's okay, we're 'on-duty,' so it's free," Frett explained as the bouncer scowled at them both, standing aside as an armored door slid open.

Wary of how the locals perceived military, Logan stepped into the establishment, scanning the patrons suspiciously. Logan smirked to himself. This place was nothing like the base.

The place smelt very musky in addtion to a spicy latin aroma; true to it's name, the place seemed to be not only a strip club, but a bar and even a mexican restaurant. There was a large seating area with a stage where disrobed ladies of the night (mostly Nekovalkyrja) gyrated and jiggled for cash. There was a dull roar of white noise generated by all the conversation and catcalling. Frell grabbed the rear end of a disturbingly young girl for attention and she lead the two soldiers to a table near the stage.

"Nothing like patrol duty, eh?" Remarked Logan as he sat down abruptly in his chair. "The first round is on me." He looked over at Frell. "What's your poison?"

"Bourbon," Frell said to Logan and/or the teenage eye-candy waiting on them.

Logan cracked his neck as he settled into his seat. "Sounds good, make that two." He nodded slightly to the waitress. "You come here often, it seems, Frell. What's up with this place? I mean, does much trouble ever happen here?"

"Nothing a little extreme prejudice won't solve," Frell smiled. The waitress nodded and walked away with the higher-ranked man's eyes on her. "Although," he said, pausing to admire the non-quite-developed girl, "I heard there's a serious criminal out here the Empress herself is after."

"Shit... you don't say?" Logan's eye widened, his voiced lowered a bit. "Who's the guy?" His eyes wandering slightly over to the center stage as he spoke. "What did he do?"

"It's a woman, actually. Naraku, A.K.A. Eve. She's killed two admirals, not to mention being biochemical terrorist and demolitions nut," Frell explained. The stage had a busty cat-eared Nekovalkyrja exposing herself in their direction while handcuffed to a brass pole.

"A woman..." Logan scratched the side of his chin in thought. "Well the only women I see here are definitely not packing any trouble." Logan smirked. Their waitress returned with the drinks. "Complements of the house, gentlemen." Her voice wavered slightly, but she managed to look both of them in the eyes with a smile as she stepped back and returned to the other patrons.

"Certainly not!" Frell nodded in approval at the carnal display. "Naraku's supposed to be somewhere in the city this very moment, even."

Logan grabbed his drink hastily, "Well then, we shouldn't waste this opportunity." He held his glass to Frell and quickly downed it. Logan tilted his head slightly as the liquor made its way into his belly. "What do you suggest we do, sir?"

"What, us?" Frell asked, as if he wasn't sure if Logan meant something in the club or about Naraku. He stopped to take a deep swig from his glass.

"Well... I just thought. Since we are on patrol..." Logan smiled as his gaze traveled down to his empty drink in front of him. "I suppose there are enough of us out here, if she causes any trouble, we'd hear about it right away." Logan paused. "I guess I'm eager for action, sir... be it here or out there." Logan winked with a smile.

"I could loan you to the unit that's after if you'd like," Frell told Logan. "It'll give you something to do for once."

Logan nodded. "I could drop you off where you need to be afterwards. That would work for me." He sunk back into his chair. "Those Nekovalkyrja women are amazing, aren't they." Logan turned his attention back to the stage.

Frell downed the rest of his drink and set it on the table. "I love them. They're gifts to this cursed planet of men! I'm going to go in the back and get serviced. Don't run off without me," he smiled.

Logan acknowledged Frell's words. However, being inexperienced with girls, Logan sat quietly alone with his thoughts. With an empty glass in front of him, he just looked in awe at each of the ladies as they worked what the geneticists gave them.

A purple-haired neko in a black set of Star Army robes wandered into the place. She seemed out of a place compared to the other civilian ones. He could see a gold sun with a blue triangle on her breast and the all-black tricorner hat she wore, signifying her as a Juni: a warrant officer.

Logan sat up straight in his chair and gave a quick nod to the woman as her gaze met him. Unsure if she was on-duty or not, he sat still, acknowledging her rank.

The young woman returned the customary nod and wandered over to Logan. "I was sort of hoping it'd be a dance club," she said.

Logan stood up and offered her a chair. ~A woman confusing this place with a dance club?~ He thought to himself, surely this wasn't a mistake on her part. Logan smiled at her realizing the situation. "The music is catchy, but you might get more than you bargained for dancing here." Logan grinned uncomfortably.

"I suppose if I drank enough I could end up on stage. I'm no stranger to being bare but I've never...displayed myself in such a manner," the Juni explained, looking to her sundry counterparts on the stage. "May I sit and eat with you?"

To Be Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back