• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Character Remiel

Moon Doll's Twin

Inactive Member
Name: Remiel Kalanin

General Information

Species: Plebeian Elysian

Family / Creators: Sanael Kalanin (Father, deceased in the Elysian Wars) Miriamel Kalanin (Mother, alive but disconnected)

Employer: Elysian Celestial Navy
Current Assignment: Whatever the bloody Elysian plotship shall be called.

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'9" (172cm)
Weight: 121 lbs (55 kg)

Build and Skin Colour: Remiel looks indeniably fragile, tall and lanky, and with skin pale as chalk. His legs, particularly, seem too long, and his pearly wings, though relatively useless (though he could, perhaps, smack you with them) have an impressive span. One would think simply tumbling to the ground would break him, but this fragility of appearance hides a remarkably well-toned physique, particularly for a Plebeian.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Sapphire eyes gleam brilliantly, set like gemstones against wrought silver in a face of feckless innocence and extremely avian appearance. He is long-necked (as he is long-armed and long-legged), making avian perhaps better stated as "goose-like". The same blank innocence covers his appearance, certainly.
Hair Colour and Style: Remiel's hair is long and scarlet in color. When I say 'scarlet', I mean seriously, bright red. Not a terribly common color, perhaps, but there nonetheless. When off-duty he allows these tresses to fall freely around his shoulders. When not off-duty he binds them back into a simple ponytail. Which you WILL NOT cut off for negotiation!

Distinguishing Features: Nothing of great note.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Remiel is a quiet man, humble by nature, quick of wit, sharp of tongue, but very reverent and respectful of everyone - regardless of social rank. He adheres, for now, to what he feels is an extremely unjust social system, with a fawning politeness and a joyous (in his quiet way) demeanor that few can quite comprehend. All things aside, Remiel has a fierce and overshadowing passion for life, and for living. If something is worth doing, it is worth doing well. And if it is worth doing well, it adds to that lovely tapestry of the world around one's actions.

Dislikes: Patrician assholes (though he isn't blatant about it), Plebeians who fall for the "victimhood complex", Yamataian idolotry and imperialism
Goals: To be bigger than sliced bread. By which I mean, to have some level of influence on Elysian society, so he can warrant a change for the better.

History
Remiel's history is thoroughly plain. Nothing of great note occurred, save for a moderately successful career in Grazia and Realita theatre. He could have had a very successful career, but the newfound independence of Elysia wound up placing a winestopper in his plans for artistic fame. Because with Elysia's independence there came a newfound demand for starship personnel and soldiery.

And Remiel, for all his dislike of certain aspects of Elysian society, was certainly not ashamed of being Elysian. He was, indeed, what one could call proud. And after some thought, he took to training for a military career. Aptitude tests found him extremely well suited for starship operations. Training found him becoming extremely good at it.

From here? Well, we shall see.

Skills

Communications: Remiel is fully familiar with radio operation, and can send and recieve transmissions during combat and noncombat situations. He is fully fluent in Seraphim (including High Seraphim), as well as English, with a passing knowledge of Japanese, mostly curses.

Starship Operations: In the piloting of starships, Remiel finished in the top 2% of his class and demonstrated, despite being untried, virtually limitless potential. His capability as a navigator is uncanny, and he has an excpetionally good grasp of stellar cartography. He is also reasonably fluent with the use of starship sensor and weapons systems, though this wasn't something he wished to pursue acute expertise with.

Fighting: Remiel has undergone basic combat training in the ECN. This means that, yes, he is capable of shooting small arms and rifles with reasonable accuracy (pistols are his favorite), has undergone relatively rigorous hand-to-hand combat training, and is generally capable of self-defense, though a lack of advanced training makes him less useful in aggressive scenarios. Of his own volition, he has spent a fair bit of time learning to hit people with his wings, and fight "dirty". Dishonorable? Sure. But so is he by virtue of birth, according to his society. Besides, what are the chances he'll wind up in a hand-to-hand confrontation?

Physical: Remiel is in excellent physical shape, and always has been: his strength and stamina are notably above those of most Plebeians, and he has always been very agile. Much of this is owed to years spent in the extremely physically demanding arts of Grazia. That said, he is an avid and extremely graceful dancer, a capable tumbler, and athletically very fit. Additionally, he has a flair for looking flashy as he performs even mundane physical operations.

Technology Operation: Remiel is capable with all standard Elysian computer Operating Systems, as well as with the Kessaku OS. He understands networking, command prompts, and many of the finer points of the source code, though again, he lacks the higher points of acute knowledge.

Mathematics: Remiel has a strong mathematical background, including trigonometry, calculus, and quantum and dimensional theory. They're very, VERY helpful when one is operating a piece of machinery relient on these theories. That said, he isn't exactly a proffessional lectern on the topics, and there are many aspects of them he doesnt understand.

Entertainment: As you probably saw several times through the bio, Remiel was a Grazia and Realita performer. In Realita, he demonstrated a lot of talent for the more snippish, cynical aspects. Though he was graceful in the dance and mockery as well, it was the political snideness which gave him an adoring audience in Realita. As a Grazia performer, however, he was better-liked - even with several Patricians offering their compliments, a rare thing for a Plebeian performer to earn. His grace and coordination were perhaps not legendary, but they were certainly good enough to earn a comfortable living before he took to military life.

OOC Notes

No, I can't do non-artistic characters. Kthxdienow.

Jack Greyfox said:
...Wow...excuse me while I go update my profile in an effort to make myself feel less inferior...

Your profile is so good that I feel mine is pathetic, so I'm going to update it very shorty.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back