• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Renting Laboratries

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
On the Horizon there are several laboratries that are not being used, or will soon be left open. Thus science department 2 is going up for rent. Price to be decided upon request.

The laboratries are of a good condition, with reasonably advanced level of equitment available. Rentees can bring their own equitment if needed. Consultation with the other scientists aboard the Horizon is encouraged.

Assuming their are no objections, the Leistung group is interested in renting out your laboratories. Please respond to arrange a meeting to discuss payment and other options.

-the Leistung group

Greetings! We would very much like to allow you to use our laboratories, and from hearing recently about your requests for funding, we would actually prefer to fund your research instead of charging you rent! We realise that you will not be releasing any technological improvements that you make for some time, but as scientists ourselves, we realise the need for aid when beginning a project. All we ask is that you do not reproduce Star Army forbidden technology within our laboratories without the express permission OF the Star Army.

We have a choice of meeting places to further discuss this - our stores (via holography or a rep) which can be found in several areas of the Empire, our nerve center the YSS Horizon or a place of your own choosing.

Sincerely,
Grant Williams - NovaCorp Scientific Advisor

STAR ARMY THIRD EXPEDITIONARY FLEET
TAMI STAR FORTRESS (YH-07)

NovaCorp,

The Yamataian 3rd XF would like to rent some space on the Horizon. We were wondering if the labs for rent could be easily converted into office space, as we are mostly interested in setting up a small office there.

We know that you guys made first contact with an alien species a while back. Kudos. But the bureaucrats around here got a bit steamed that there was no government representative present to greet your alien guests. This is entirely our fault, of course, one that we hope to rectify by this action.

The office would also serve to coordinate future collaborative projects. It is the mission of the 3rd XF to explore our northern frontier, and we believe that NovaCorp, by its strategic location, is in a position to perform great services for the Empire for many years to come.

I look forward to hearing from your representatives. Feel free to direct any questions my way.

Shosa John Sandoval
Corporate Relations Officer

Shosa John Sandoval,

NovaCorp is currently negotiating with another group interested in renting and/or buying space on board the YSS Horizon. Fortunately, a somewhat large section of our standard office space has just been vacated (along with area in the other sections) due to our heavy involvement in Project Destiny. We would be very happy to host star army personnel completely free of charge until one of our planned prjects comes to fruition (IE, a more permanent base of operations) at which point we will move off the Horizon (any outside personnel will, of course, be welcome to set up on board the new nerve center or be transported to a destination of their choosing at our expense).

Does the 3XF fleet have any specific office area requirements?
What kind of personnel (IE Administrative, Military, R&D etc.) would you be sending and, if any, what ship classes?

Dear Mr. Williams,

I'm delighted to hear that NovaCorp has space available for us. While the Empire is grateful for your offer of giving us the office space free of charge, however, I have been instructed by my superiors to let you know that NovaCorp is free to charge the government a fair market price on the rental fees for said office space.

We request enough office space for nine people. The delegation will consist of one senior diplomatic officer, one junior diplomatic officer, one logistics officer, and their assistants and staff. The three officers will require their own private offices, preferably in close proximity to each other and to their staff. If NovaCorp would like to request that personnel with any specific skill sets be included among the delegates, the 3rd XF stands ready to oblige.

Please let me know if the Horizon has sufficient facilities to accommodate small children (i.e., day care center, kindergarten, etc.), as this will impact our crew selection decisions.

As the size of our delegation is small, we will not be assigning a permanent ship to the delegates.

Please let me know if our requirements can be accommodated. Thank you.

Shosa John Sandoval

Shosa Sandoval,

The YSS Horizon does have ample support and facilities for young (and older) children. While much of the original internal structure of the ship has been removed, we still retain the majority of Horizon City's systems and facilities (that includes day care centers, kindergartens and several schools).

We have no preferences as to what skills your delgates should posess, and once again, would be honoured to have you stay on board. Your office space can be set out as individual offices or one larger area with partitions (or to whatever layout you desire).

Dear Mr. Williams,

we are prepared to begin the crew selection process then. A crew manifest of the delegation will be sent in a few days.

Shosa John Sandoval

(OOC: Rob, I have a few of the NPCs in mind, but you can make them if you want. Profiles for just the 3 officers would be sufficient in any case. I ask because you would be asked to RP them most of the time. I'm spread thin enough as it is.)

Confirmed. Awaiting your crew manifest.

(the guys are yours, so you make em =) doesn't matter that I would have to roleplay them - I can roleplay ANYTHING... trust me... [precog]and before you ask, yes.[/precog])

ENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION FROM:

Decrypting...
Message follows.

>>

Dear Mr. Williams,

our crew selection process is complete. Brief bios of the three officers that will be in our delegation follows. As the bios contain personal information, please hold them in the strictest confidence. Thank you.

Enclosure (1)

Shosa John Sandoval

>>

Senior Diplomatic Officer

Name: Sayoo Newman
Race: Geshrin
Appearance: Muscular build, blond hair, green eyes, and looks to be in his late 20s.
Notes: Sayoo was a PNUgen employee before joining the Star Army at the age of 33, immediately after former Empress Yuumi was assassinated by Elysians. His superiors quickly recognized his natural talents at negotiation and diplomacy, and Sayoo quickly rose through the ranks. His service consisted mostly of the countless diplomatic missions that solidified and maintained the cultural and economic bonds between Yamatai and her client states. Naturally, most people describe Sayoo as friendly and disarming. Sayoo is boarding the Horizon along with his wife, his 3-year-old son, and his assistants and staff.

Junior Diplomatic Officer

Name: Nakamura Satori
Race: Nekovalkyrja
Appearance: Slender and short (like most Nekovalkyrja), white shoulder-length hair, blue eyes.
Notes: Satori is Sayoo's protégé, and, according to their aides, a de facto member of Sayoo's family. Sayoo treats her as the daughter he never had, and has eagerly taught her everything he knew regarding the art of diplomacy. While Satori is a naturally friendly girl, she is lacking in tact, and will need a lot more practice before she can really call herself a diplomat. However, no one can doubt that Satori serves Sayoo and the Star Army with a fierce loyalty. Satori is boarding the Horizon with her Nekovalkyrja assistant.

Logistics Officer

Name: Willard Halloway
Race: Nepleslian
Appearance: Chubby build, beer gut, is bald, and has two cybernetic goggle-eyes.
Notes: Many years ago, Willard served as a solider under the Nepleslian government. He had since then gone into the private sector, and was the co-founder and manager of a marginally profitable taxi company on Nepleslia. After the Battle of Nepleslia, during which billions of Nekos died protecting the planet from a Mishu invasion, Willard sold his interest in the taxi company and enlisted with the Star Army. Willard is too old and out of shape to be of much use in battle, but he has served well as a logistics officer, mainly due to his managerial experience. Willard's peers describe him as a gruff but honorable individual. He is boarding the Horizon with his Nekovalkyrja assistant.

>>

END TRANSMISSION

Officer bio's recieved. We await their arrival and have cleared office space (and assigned them seperate rooms) of previous users equipment, allowing them to customise to their needs. (equipment, electronics etc. may be shipped in with your officers but NC can cater for most, if not all of their needs. Aetheric weaponry, for example, is something we cannot supply.)

(OOC: I was considering it, but figured it would be about as exciting as Henry eating breakfast. :p Also, I obviously don't have time to chat RP anymore. I could write a SP if you want. Like Thad always say, it's not really RP, but it's the best I can do for the moment.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back