• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Report: Yamataian Communications regarding Allied UOC

SUBLIMEinal

Imperial Decree said:
Together, Taisho Yui and Empress Himiko have issued the following decrees and orders for the Star Army of Yamatai:

1. All ships in active duty in Expeditionary Fleets and task groups must have a name and IRN by YE 31. Fleets that fail to assign names to their ships will have the unnamed ships removed and sent to the depot.

2. All fleets should have named flagships.

3. A loyalty bonus of 1,000 KS and a free Type 29 Nekovalkyrja Service Pistol are hereby granted to all members of the Star Army who reply to this message. This is to reward for your loyalty to the Star Army. We are aware of the UOC's generous benefit package and are working on ways to improve the Star Army's counterpart.

4. Any member of the Star Army who convinces a UOC soldier to return to the Star Army of Yamatai will receive a personal shuttle or small starship, depending on the rank of the returning soldier, plus a cash bonus of 1,000 KS and a possible promotion.

5. Due to the oncoming abolishment of the Living Property System, new enlistment contracts and such are being developed. Please send any suggestions for these or benefit plans to Taisho Yui. Useful suggestions will be rewarded.

6. All soldiers under the rank of Shosa are hereby promoted by one rank upon a response to this post, unless their captain or unit commander has reasonable objections.

7. Captains are encouraged to create rules for their ships based on common sense, experience, safety concerns, and mission effectiveness. Such rules should then be sent to Taisho Yui for review, so that they can be incorporated in a book of standard procedures to help guide new captains. Please send any suggestions to Yui for standard procedures. Again, useful suggestions will be rewarded.

8. The Star Army is currently seeking ship captains and officers. Please contact Yui if interested.

9. The Starship Improvement Program is looking for ways to improve current ships and to build newer ships better. Post your suggestions.

So far, some good suggestions we've got include:

- Moving control conters (the bridge) and engineering to more protected parts of ships.
- Development of automated medical centers

10. Any soldier who writes a useful guide to their occupation will be rewarded with a ceremony of recognition for him/her and his/her ship and 25,000 KS. OOC: Also, possibly new character art if I can afford it.

OOC: Interact outside of your plots and help improve the Star Army as a whole.

Yaichiro said:
I have not yet decided to join the UOCPF, and am on vacation from the Star Army of Yamatai rather than actually discharged...as such, I still receive communications. While I am still not sure where I stand, I find this latest communication quite disturbing and underhanded. Know that I am not leaking this data lightly. I am copying what I've received into this datapad and sending via a trusted courier directly to Motoyoshi-cho rather than forwarding it, so that it is not traced.

SARA said:
The Star Army Research Administration is currently interested in getting a hold of some of the recent UOC ships and technologies. If you happen to get a hold of salvaged power armors or starships, please let SARA know.

We would make it well worth your while.

Sent to Star Army officers Taii and above

I am disturbed by this deeply...I have not yet made a final decision, but I find this data distasteful. Your ships are not yet cooled from the assembly lines, and already they are at risk of theft.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa (prospective Commodore, UOCPF)
Fifth Expeditionary Fleet
Star Army of Yamatai

The Yamataian government is apparently viewing the recent split with the United Outer Colonies with an expected amount of chagrin. The UOC was spared the initially predicted mass destruction and enslavement of their population, and now the Yamataians have begun a much more subtle campaign, with several interesting ideas backing it.

The first is an attempt to bribe the UOC's personnel back into the Yamataian military. Judging by the considerable communications traffic channeling the United Outer Colonies' national anthem just days ago, this is apparently not very effective, and has been met with disdain by their government. It is notable that Yamatai's attempts have met with failure in more ways than one. The UOC lost very small amounts of personnel to this advertisement, and it also served to effectively weed out potentially disloyal and cowardly soldiers from the Peacekeeper's ranks. It also shows the amount of desperation the Yamataian Government is in at the moment.

The second appears to be a new public relations blitz. SANDRA reports from Kyoto have shown increasingly 'diplomatic' tendencies, although at this time the government has yet to show this. According to what information we are able to glean from within the Empire, the reports as to their radical reduction in forces seem to be true.

It should be noted that peaceful Yamataian tendencies are offset by their search for stolen Motoyoshi Fleet Yards technology. In accordance with their policies towards us and acquirement of technology, it is advisable to warn the UOC of potential danger in the form of SAINT-operated hijackings.

Thank you for reading this report, Sky Marshall. It is the sincere hope of Admiral Veles that you find it useful.

Lieutenant M. Mercir
Intelligence Pacification Group
Central Command Division

RPG-D RPGfix
Back