• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Reporting for duty!

Ashwing

Inactive Member
Hello everyone! Just found this website, hoping to join the roleplaying soon. Here's my introduction:

What do you call yourself?
Ashwing is fine, or any variation of that.

How'd you find Star Army?
I was browsing /v/ a while ago and came upon a post about this place.

What interested you in joining?
After coming upon the post mentioned above, I decided to take a look on what Star Army was about, and was positively surprised at the richness of the setting. It's amazing that a roleplaying website created in 2002 is still alive and strong, with the lore growing with each passing day. Some years ago (many years ago, actually) I used to play on a pbp pokemon rpg. Nowadays I play mostly D&D in real time, but I really miss the pbp format. Thought about giving it a try again and here I am.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
As I mentioned above, yes. But it's been a while.

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    • Both male and female. No matter the gender, I always get attached to my characters, given enough time. This time I'll probably go with a female one.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    • Spontaneous makes for more fun moments in my opinion, though of course some planning (mostly in character) is usually necessary.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    • Military for sure, though that doesn't mean that I'm one of those guys obsessed with nothing but combat, roleplaying little things is where the fun is at, be it combat or not.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    • Hard question. I like all four. Alien would come last, probably. As for anthros, I'm not a fan of full-blown furry designs, animal girls with human bodies and animal ears and a tail are great though.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    • Starship with planetary moments.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    • As I said above, it's been years since I last did pbp, nowadays I go with real time though I'm eager to do pbp again.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 1
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I'm thinking of going with an overly curious character eager to travel the galaxy, meet new people and wonders, all that while braving dangers and helping my fellow travellers. I'll read more on every race, empire and take a look at some roleplaying threads to have a better idea on making my character. I'll probably go with a female Shukaren-Daur though, they fit what I want to play really well. Plus, can't go wrong with fox girls, can it?

Welcome to Star Army ! Hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions please let staff know or some of our wonderful forum members can help you as well with any questions!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back