• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Request 3D Art Here

Here we go. This is the page in the wiki that lists both the people on the site who are (more or less) available to help out with any DOGA/other 3D rendering needed, and pages which have already requested art of some sort. You can contact any of the artists on the list specifically to inquire about getting something done for your submission, or you can add it to the list at the bottom of the page and wait and see if anyone volunteers.

If you are a DOGA/3d modeling handy person, and are willing to help people out, feel free to add yourself to the list of artists.

Edit: This is intended to be stickied in here, not actually up for approval.

Re: DOGA Request

He's still around on the IRC, at times at least, and I'm not sure if he is still willing to work or not, so I'll ask next time I see him. Until then, I think I'll leave it all alone, since I actually didn't create it, it's been around. I'm just pointing it's existence out, since I know not all of the tech creators knew about it.

Would I be able to request in this thread? I know it's unlikely but I'm not exactly a PM sort of guy. (Though I do love lists!)

Are there any limitations? Like do the requests must be small parts or projects? Could they possibly help with my bug race? >.<

I only ask as, at least half do mostly projects to the faction they are with themselves, or at least I assume as much.

You could put the request here, but should also update the DOGA request page as well.

I might start putting down non-classified projects I'm working on on this page, just to give people an idea of what I'm working on and how busy I am before contacting.

Also, I used to have metasequioa and Doga on my computer, so I cannot remember 100% of everything, but I try to give you my best advice.

First you will probably need to find a key for metasequoia, in order to import/export other file formats.

Here is a guide about saving in metasequoia, make sure you have read it before moving on:

Second, you can export to Doga two ways:
A. Go to "File", and I think either "Export to Doga", or "Save as part file". If you have Doga installed already, then a little Doga window will pop up asking you how you want to save. Typically uou create a new folder or "part group", and then click and empty space. Then tell the program you want to save a new part by either click a button that says "Save", "Add", or "Render". This method allows you to bring a part that you can color using Doga.
B. You go to "File" and "Save as/Save". Then you click and make sure you are in the right folder you want to save your new part in. Make sure it’s a folder you can easily find. Then you make sure that you have .suf selected and follow these instructions here at http://trlibrary.tripod.com/id55.htm. Make sure you click "on" the button that talks about "keeping colors", "keeping attribute file", or says anything about ".atr". Then you hit save and open up Doga. You import it just like you would a normal part in Doga. However, you make sure to import the .atr file as well so you can edit the colors. You edit the colors of your new .suf, by opening the "palette or .atr" file with the same name as the .suf, changing around the colors, then re-saving the new palette under new name. Then you either minimize Doga or hit render and the part will change to the new colors.
Note you can store more colors than the part actually uses in the palette; however, the part will only use the original "names of color mapping" it had when it was made a .suf . If one of those colors is missing, it will default to white/grey or black.

Here are some other tutorials on Meta:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=metasequoia+tutorial&aq=f
http://www.angelfire.com/la/bryde/tutos.html
http://trlibrary.tripod.com/id49.htm

Since nobody has used this thread in 2 years, I'm unsticking it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back