• It's 6月 YE 43 for November and December. IC months advance every 2 OOC months.

RP Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 2: Lost But Never Forgotten

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
YSS Resurgence - Bridge

Aoba paced around in front of his command chair, rubbing his chin. "Duking it out with two Kuvexian Navy battleships in the middle of a crowd of armed ships friendly to them isn't going to work," he said, thinking about what ancient Sun Tzu might do. "We are going to fight them on our terms. Let them run around looking for us and get no satisfaction of finding us...take us to the opposite side of the planet so we're out of line-of-sight. Maybe we can get the team on the next rotation. What we need to fight a battleship is a battleship. In the battle of Nataria, the YSS Eucharis sent a power armor strike team over to the Kuvexian flagship's bridge and took it over. Perhaps when the team comes back we could send them on a little field trip," he suggested. "The alternative is to just outrun them, which we are equipped to do."
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Subway and on the move
Yayoi lifted her right hand and scratched behind her head. “Thanks... I had to trade my arm for it. The Bugs wanted my arm, so in equal value, I traded their lives for it. ” She said as her tone of voice sounded almost bitter. “It has a neat feature I kinda like.” She showed her the hidden blade, which she exposed, then retracted. She then cleared her throat, then spoke “Asakura, Santo, also Rangers.” she replied before she recognized that the other woman got a report. “Ah Bugs, I hate them. Before long we’ll need exterminators to come in and help get rid of the pests, though personally, I think they are a less concern than the Kuvies.”

She replied, then nodding ” I have a place, a bunker I’ve started using hoping that if they followed me I wouldn’t lead them to the bunker with the kids, fangs pups are there helping out. Once we’re back in the bunker, I’ll give you the coordinates for the kids’ bunker, if I have to be left behind so that they are rescued, fine by me. Come, ” she said, and then hurried to lead the way to her companion, though she used stealth to make sure she didn’t run into the bugs.
 

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Dark Subway

Sanda had indeed been listening to the coms and had smacked her head into her hands... Twice... after hearing Thad's suggestions. "Por favor, XO, dispárale ahora y déjalo con los Kuvies." She ignored the last few comments while focusing her attention back on the fellow Ranger. The Nepleslian woman smiled at Yayoi's hidden blade. "Ohh, nice. I'll have to see about getting one for myself."

That was when things started to go wrong. Sanda didn't like the idea of being stuck on this planet long term, though she was probably the best trained to cope with such a situation. That was what Rangers were for after all. "Thunder to Chui, Ma'am I recommend getting back to the shuttle ASAP. We have the potential to rescue a bunch of kids. If we can make it to the bunker and get you coordinates then you come in and extract. If it proves too hot, leave us here and get back to the ship." It wasn't bravo that moved Sanda, it was her simply doing her job as a Ranger. She was fully prepared to be left behind if need be.

She moved silently but quickly after the other Ranger. It quickly became apparent that Yayoi knew exactly what she was about. Sanda admired the skill with which she moved with barely a sound. As they moved Sanda asked quietly. "How far to the bunker where the kids are at and how many kids are there?" She suddenly wondered if their shuttle would fit them all if there were a lot of them.
 

Miko

Well-Known Member
Bugville

Thad looked over towards Koyama with a big smile on his face. "I think it is time we...bugged...out of this place." He was doing his best not to laugh at his poor timing of a joke. Granted he knew exactly how dire things could turn and figured a little humor would be good for the team. Being one of the battle hardened on this mission he took it on himself to be the backbone of the party. Though things were not too bad, not the best either but could be worse. He still had all his ammo and the enemy had not found them out. A decent start to an otherwise uneventful day.

He took a moment to look around and check the comms. The window of opportunity was closing quick and they still had much to do. "Thinking we best either get back to the shuttle or go find a shuttle to liberate." He took another moment to check the area around them that might house such a ship. "We are doing exactly what the kuvvies would expect from a Yam landing party. So unless the kuvvy have a van filled with puppies and candy, I am going to assume they mean to kill us." He paused and slowly reached for his knife, his ears perking up. Something told him that company was close by and they would surely not get the drop on them.
 

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
One of the nearby Rixxikor started shouting. "Who goes there! I am but a boy! I have come to claim the only planet that I want. The planet of my birth! I am but a boy and I have to fight! I have to fight!" he yelled in an accented voice.

"Loxxias! A boy? An adult? Is that how you fight, in your own home? No!" another Rixxikor chided. "You are a boy, your father is wiser. If you wish to come fight the enemy, your father will let you fight. But you are not old enough to lead others. Do you understand me boy?"

"Look carefully and you will see their shadow."

"My father said the sun will set soon. Zephexx, my brother, we must go to attack the Yamatai and the enemy can no longer hide behind the mountain."

"Why has your father sent you? We need more experienced people. You're too young. It's dangerous."

"Yes, Zephexx, it's dangerous. And I need to prove that I am older and stronger. So, I must go to fight and I will prove myself by taking your head, my brother, if you refuse to come with me. You're too old and weak. And you know that!"

"Loxxias! Look, the shadow of the Yamatai, and Zephexx, we must prepare to fight. The enemy is too close."

Loxxias nodded as if he had heard his brother. He looked up at the sky as a sun was setting, as the could defeat the Yamatai. Zephexx was much older and stronger than his two years. Zephexx also needed to prove that he was grown. And he can face the Yamatai. "What do we do now? The sun is setting," Loxxias said.

"The sun will set very soon."

"Then what do we do?" Loxxias asked.

"The sun is setting, we must go to the enemy."

"How can you fight the Yamatai? They are stronger than us. The Yamatai are much older. They are stronger. We must ask the enemy for help. They will understand and they will help us, they will protect us. If we are attacked, we must fight and die and we will die before we surrender , we will fight to the end, we will win and we will win. I'll fight the next Yamatai."

"You are not strong enough, Zephexx."

"Then we will leave and come back when the sun rises. What will we do? We are too young to die. We are weak. We are going to run. You are going to run. You are running, Loxxias, run." But Zephexx was too scared to move. He was afraid. He stood still as the sky darkened, he was standing still as the sun set. Loxxias looked up to the sky. Zephexx stood still as the sky darkened, he stood still as the sun set. Zephexx stared up at the sky.

"They are going to die," Loxxias said. "They are going to die." Loxxias walked over to his backpack and pulled out a missile launcher. "We must do something."

"What are you doing, Loxxias? What are you doing?" Zephexx asked. Loxxias looked at him.

"I am going to fight the next Yamatai. They can not eat me. I am a little boy. They must protect me."

"The fuck are you two talking about?" one of the other Rixxikor scratched his head.

Loxxias pointed at Cassie, who was barely visible behind cover, before launching a missile at her. It hit a brick wall nearby, sending Cassie rolling, bloody and unconscious, but somewhat protected against the full force of the blast. The explosion was massive and dust and debris rained down in the ruins of the city.

"WHAT NOW YAMATAI?!" the Rixxikor Loxxias shouted into the dust cloud. "I AM LOXXIAS THE BRAVE!"

The other Rixxikor began to rapidly search the area.
 

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Thaddeus's communicator beeped, indicating an incoming call.

"HEEEEEY!!," a feminine voice oozed through the speaker. "It's me! Uh! Mia! Mia Barber! Remember me from the Uesureyan Fortress! We got recruited at the same time and then graduated together and both got sent to the Kanagawa but never got to have that party you promised because of the war! Well, the war's over now." She definitely sounded tipsy at best.

Thaddeus held up his hand, signaling for her to wait and he looked at her image on the communicator questioningly. "What party?" he asked with a confused expression.

She put her hand to her ear. "No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm still enlisted just like you, don't talk down to me. And I want to get drunk again, just like the last time. I need you to come get me this time!" she laughed into the communicator.

"I'm in the middle of an important mission here," Thaddeus growled and the communicator beeped. "Please hold. Please hold."

The communicator beeped again. "I thought I just told you I want to get drunk!"

"Mia, please. I can't talk about this right now," Thaddeus barked.

She held up her hand and laughed into the communicator. "I'm on YSS Kanagawa! I need a lift to get back to Kyoto. There's going to be a party, Thad, you have to come pick me up. I'm going to get drunk and you're going to have to hold my hair and watch me puke!"

"I will do no such thing." He said with a smile knowing he might be the one needing his hair held back after a fun night.

"Come on...daddy," she cooed hopefully. "I can make it worth your time," she suggested, making lewd kissing gestures with her hot pink lips. "I mean are you doing anything important anyway?"

Thad rolled his eyes as he took in the question. "I may or may not be on a secret mission to save stuff."

"That sounds cool, do you need help? I'm bored and I saw the Resurgence has an opening for a caretaker. You're my only friend in the military so far. I could put in for a transfer today. Tell me you want me to. I'll fuckin' do it," she grinned.

He thought for a moment before giving an answer. He had already made some good friend but having one more with some flare may boost troop performance. "That is completely up to you if you want to join this ship. Missions have been good so far so may just like it here." A grin formed across his face slowly. "I'd also either keep you out of trouble or put you in more. Either way it should be a good time."

Mia grinned. "Yeah, yeah! I'm gonna do it!" She chugged a shot glass in front of the camera and let out an excited squeal. "See you friend!" She ended the call and put down her phone.

- - -

OOC: JP by Wes and @SpaceEye
 

Soresu

Well-Known Member
Koyama's ears pricked up at the mention of children, but also at the guttural clicking of Trade from the Rixxikor. Before she could even form a response to Sanda, the dull thunk, and whoosh of a missile filled the air. Even as her mind registered the danger, it came on too quickly to react as that explosion caused her to roll to the side. The blast pelting her with bits of brickwork and a ringing in one of her ears followed. With a little cough and waving of her hand saw what had been done.

Cassie was unconscious and bleeding, the others she made out and tried to gauge them as best she could. And yet, something dared to cut through the seriousness and dire straits of their predicament. A communicator chimed and a female voice piped through. And involuntarily, the XO's teeth began to grind against one another as she crawled past the subject of her ire and to Cassie's still form. With a hand against her throat, the pulse she felt was a godsend, they were still alive.

For how long she didn't know, "We may have to cut our way out of here." she hissed back toward Thaddeus. That damned call for the moment went ignored. And it seemed he'd been promoted from blackjacking the hell out of people back toward the gun... blade thing toting SOL half breed he'd wanted to be if he so chose. "I've the shuttle's new coordinates, we can be there quickly if we can get past them." her eyes hadn't left the furred hei while assessing her. Medicine, battlefield medicine was not her forte by any stretch of the imagination. Beyond first aid training, it'd be treading in unknown waters.

The being on lists aside, now it was all about surviving, getting the hell out alive. But there was a truth to all this. They'd shot first.
 

Miko

Well-Known Member
Drop the Mic

The ringing was still going on in his ears as Thad looked around him. He knew that sound all too well and swore a few times about how they had gotten the drop on them. He looked down at his one arm, covered in wounds. The armor did well to guard him from most of the explosion but the rocket propelled projectiles still did a number. As the ringing in his ears cleared, the commands from Koyama started to come through. Granted he heard the words but the flashing images of his past clouded his mind. Images of past fallen comrades took him for a moment as he looked to Cassie. As the ringing completely cleared his mind came back into focus. The battle theme began to play in his mind. Prior to putting away the communicator he sent Mia one last message, "Bring the BFG!"

Boss Music Begins

"Clang!" Another ringing sound came from the direction of Thad as the grenade lever hit the ground. "You got it boss!" He said with a grin as he looked at Koyama. With a heavy swing the ticking pineapple was thrown in the direction of where he could tell the missile had came from. The base in his mind picked up as he pulled up his rifle and started to lay down cover fire. While his one arm had limited mobility, this was nothing compared to the injury to his pride. He reached down and managed to grab the weapon Cassie had been using prior to the blast. It was a pistol which made it easy for him to grab, hold and fire. He brought into focus the one holding the launcher as he posted up against cover. Thad said not a word but his eyes said many things. Mainly, you gone done messed up Loxxias the Brave.
 

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Koyama could see that Cassie looked bad. The catgirl seemed to struggling to breath at all and had blood coming from her nose, ears, and mouth. She was also out cold.

The Rixxikor scavengers surged forward, firing their bizarre assortment of salvaged weapons. Some were laser rifles, while others were even less precise but far more devastating. In a world of high tech armor, the Rixxikor warriors' were still a sight to see when they were briefly unified by bloodlust. While not quite as well armed as the men from the Star Army, at least they looked and seemed more determined to take them down. In seconds they had reached Koyama's position and two of them tried to bayonet her while another one with a shotgun blew an inch-wide hole in her chest between the right shoulder and the ribcage.

Thad's fire dropped four other Rixxikor as they were running for Koyama's position as well, putting them in the open and making them easy targets for him. Loxxias fell down as the pistol hit him. "Brother!! I have been shot by the Yamatai!" he moaned, spraying an Uzi-like submachinegun at Thad, who was saved by taking cover. "Perhaps we should have asked Yamatai for help instead..."

"Stop being weak and kill them all before more come!" Zephexx growled, loading a large bazooka and heading for the shuttle.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Dark Subway to the Entrance then out

Yayoi heard her speak a language she was unfamiliar with, which told her she’ll need to learn something new sometime after she got out and off-world. As she moved, she heard her companion speaking to the Chui with her callsign. She remained silent, allowing Sanda to speak to her team leader as she moved along. They were nearly at the entrance when she heard the whisper beside her, and she replied “about 60 clicks away from the last I’d heard, and the last check the number was 23 kids in all, boys and girls equally, some Neko Younglings, Humans, and Anthro.

She soon heard the sounds of firing and she silently cursed. While it would be difficult to get through that, she knew it was possible. She moved quietly, using the noise to hide her presence, though randomly when it was possible to use stealth she’d make her move, and kill a few bugs y using her hidden blade, or gun before she hid again.
 

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Hidden in the shadows

Sanda was silent as she processed this information. 60 clicks was a good ways away, especially as they would need to move quietly to avoid patrols. She was about to ask how many soldiers were keeping watch over the kids when all hell broke loose. The sound of an explosion echoed off the buildings followed almost imminently by the sound of small arms fire. He earpiece lit up with the sounds of a fight and grunts of pain. Already she could see smoke rising from the direction she had left her team. Sanda's face was grim as she watched the smoke and listened to the gunfire. She wanted to rush back and help her team but she checked herself. They were soldiers. They knew the risks of their chosen profession and should be able to handle whatever was attacking them. The kids couldn't defend themselves. As much as the tall Nepleslian wanted to rush to battle, she had a job to do. "We need to move, double time." Sanda said while using hand signals at the same time. In the field it was second nature to use sign.

The two Rangers moved quickly and completely silently. Every so often the were forced to hide as small groups of Rixxikor came running towards the sounds of the fight. They could still just make out the sounds of gunfire when a larger group of almost a dozen Rixxikor came running up the street. Sanda and Yayoi hid in an abandon garage. Unfortunately, that was were the Bugs were heading to as well. Sanda looked over at Yoyoi and smiled grimly as she silently drew her straight sliver and attached it to the bayonet lug of her rifle just under the silencer. Quickly she made some hand motions of instructions then raised a fist and shook it.

Sanda moved invisibly over to a car lift and silently climbed up it into the rafters above. She was a good 12 feet off the ground. The lighting tattooed woman pulled from under her camo cloak a line that she made a noose with and ran through a pully attached to the ceiling just as the first Bugs entered the garage. They started looking around the garage for anything of value, particularly the vehicles. Looks like they're looking for a ride thought Sanda. A group of four moved right under her and began to open a truck door to see if it would run.

Sanda slipped the noose down and around one of the bug's neck then jumped off the rafter. The Rixxikor shot up into the air as Sanda came down. Using the bug as counter weight she was able to jump from so high without hurting herself but still had enough force to deliver a hard blow to the Bug she landed on. As bug number 2 went to the ground Sanda brought up her rifle with bayonet attached and thrusted it into the back of bug number 3 before it could even turn around. Bug number 4 turned around in surprise only to receive a rifle butt in his ugly face that cracked his skull and laid him out. Spinning silently Sanda stabbed down to make sure bug number 2 was dead before releasing the line and letting bug number one fall. His neck was already broken from the noose and it fell silently. 4 dead bugs in about 5 seconds and no one seemed to have noticed. That was how it was done in the Rangers.

Sanda knew that it wouldn't be long for the other Rixxikor to notice the attack. She moved invisibly away towards the next group. An old joke from Ranger school suddenly came to mind and she smiled briefly. It was the one where a Ranger taunts an enemy army saying one Yamatai Ranger is a tougher fighter than any of the army. The army commander keeps sending troops against the Ranger only to hear the taunting again. Finally after sending over a hundred men one comes back to report that it's a trap. There are 2 Yamatai Rangers over there. Well, there are 2 Yamatai Rangers here....
 

Miko

Well-Known Member
This is my Rifle...

For a second time this day, Thad had a ringing in his ears. The racking of the shotgun was a sound unlike any other. He had just enough time to turn his head towards the sound before his face was splattered with goo. It took him a moment for it to click, there laid Koyama with a hole in her chest, doing her best to fight off bayonets doing their best to finish the job. Images flashed in front of his eyes for a second time in a day. His bear friend, speared from all sides, the life leaving their eyes as he watched on. Thad got to his feet and moved to the aid of his friend. He did his best to put rounds behind him to suppress the Rixxikor welding Uzi-like submachinegun.

The rifle dropped at his feet as he pulled around from his back the axe shotgun. This world was only big enough for one guy with a shotty. The hair trigger released a fireball followed by an explosive slug. It slammed center mask of the Rixxikor and blew a hole right out the back side of it. He took a step forward and tossed the shotty into the air. As it came down he grabbed and racked a new round into the gun. He swung the weapon at one of the Rixxikor with a bayonet. The axe caught the creature between the it's arm and it's neck. As he pulled the weapon through, he released the front grip and caught the trigger partway down the weapon. Another boom left the weapon, taking its arm clean off. The Rixxikor left was aiming to run him through. He grabbed the closest weapon within his reach. The bayonet connected low and into his side. He did not flinch as his hand wrapped around the dislodged arm of the prior Rixxikor and ripped it clean off it's body. He took his new weapon and swung arm with razor like spikes deep into the Rixxikor's flesh.
 

Soresu

Well-Known Member
Thunderdome: A Bunch of Bugs Enter...


Koyama felt the force of the blast scant moments before the pain shot through her arm and side. Buckshot tearing into the uniform, a pellet or two skittering off the very edge of the vest. That sudden shift of momentum may well have saved her life. Twin bayonets met mostly air, one barely scraping across a plate insert of her vest and the other missed entirely. If only within centimeters. But once that flash of burning, aggravating pain registered, she let forth a shuddering yelp as it finally hit. Staggering back, her mind dumbed down the response enough to while still feel it, be able to function. While her GP-12 flopped about thanks to its sling, instead of raising the weapon, Koyama's hand had gone for the NSP at her hip.

With her body rejecting the lead buckshot already, the pellets were slowly exiting and hitting the ground. One couldn't hear them hit the floor as absolute havoc ensued. Thaddeus, now on the warpath seemed to be merrily going with the flow as one of the crazed creatures sprinted toward their shuttle with what could only be assumed as a rocket launcher of some sort. Or the mad critter was just using a giant pipe in a bid to try and bash the shuttle apart in some fit of chittering rage.

With Thad providing a momentary distraction, the XO took that moment to fire a trio of energetic beams at the fleeing Rixxikor. Going at the speed of light, it took no time at all to impact. Her aim had been a little shaky at first, the second pulse gouging the earth at the now wounded Rixxikor's feet, the first of the shots had hit it square in the back, and the last right through the middle. Repeating the process, the trio of pulses had only taken a half-second to discharge all at once. When the mad bug dropped, Koyama staggered back again as another rushed at her with an old, scuffed-up Ripshot. It belched 9mm rounds just as she fired at it. The weapon held awkwardly in the alien's claws shots had gone wide and tore into the ceiling. Dust rained down as she fired twice, once more into the torso, the last right in the head just below its mandibles and into the throat all to the tune of torn muscle healing and the wound beginning to close.

"We need to leave!" she said through gritted teeth as she scrambled toward Cassie's prone form. Laying close by was the crumpled up dataslate, the thing had been switched on during the blast and was now piping in some maddening show she had no time to ponder over as the entire surface seemed to reflect in on itself on what it was displaying. With her healing right arm, Koyama lobbed the thing out of the way absentmindedly, (and inadvertently toward some of the Rixxikor) before attempting to get her up enough and into an awkward fireman's carry which caused her shoulder to burn even more than the healing tissue was already.

"Unless you have any other ideas?" she called to Thad as the man seemed to be beating one of the poor bastards with another poor bastard's arm.
 

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
The remaining Rixxikor began to disperse, seeing that these Star Army soldiers were tougher than they expected. In short order the area began to clear out, for the time being. They took cover in the ruins and disappeared like cockroaches startled by the kitchen light coming on.
 

Charaa

Well-Known Member
Hidden in the Shadows
She watched the smoke and then glanced at her comrade and waited to see what she’d do. She knew most people would want to return to where they came from to check up on her team; he was the same way, but she knew like Sanda what the priority was. “Copy that, ” she replied simply to her words and then followed beside her, hiding when Sanda did when she saw the Bugs. She glared at them as if willing to let them feel her hatred for him, as if to say that they will die soon. She could easily use telepathy, but she didn’t want to yet. She didn’t want to distract herself from moving with Sanda.

She disliked hiding, but she knew that it would not only be crazy, but foolish to go all Rambo on the bug’s insectoid butt. She gritted her teeth in a grimace and hid with Sanda in the garage, only to silently react when she saw the bugs enter. She saw the signal and acknowledged it silently.

As Sanda performed amazing feats, Yayoi snuck around. One by one she picked off the rest of the Rixxlor bugs inside the Garage. Using silence and moving from behind, she dispatched them. The last guy turned to maybe say something to his comrades, and he found a boot on his head and his body falling back with the boot crushing the bug’s head.

She silently checked to make sure there were no more bugs, and she used her hands to indicate the area was cleared. She shook her arm and made the bug’s blood come out before she retracted the blade. She took note of Sanda’s smile and wondered what the beautiful soldier was thinking about as she moved to join her.
 

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
"Koyama, Leyton: I copy your last transmission. Are you coming to me or do you need me to come to you? " Beryl asked Koyama via comms.

OOC: Tag @Soresu
 

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Garage

Sanda did a quick sweep of the garage and took a look outside. There were no alive bugs to be seen. She smiled at Yayoi and nodded in appreciation of her skills. They had taken out all the Rixxlor in the garage with textbook efficiency. "Nice work. When we get out of this you should think about transferring to the Resurgence. I would love to work with you again."

Sanda was about to suggest they get moving again when she noticed the truck. It was the one the Rixxlor had been about to check out. It looked like it was still in working order. She moved forward to inspect. It was a six-wheeler with a canvas cover over the back. Sanda climbed into the cab found a key in the ignition. On the second try it coughed to life. Sanda looked at Yayoi with a big smile on her face. "60 clicks just got a lot closer." Even with the threat of Rixxlor patrolling the streets, time was of the essence. It was a calculated risk. Especially since her team might have wounded. Sanda placed a hand to her ear and spoke to her team. "Thunder to Chui. Ma'am I've commandeered a vehicle that can get us to our target much quicker. It's big enough to fit the whole team on. We're close enough to you that we wouldn't lose any time picking you up. What is your status?"
 

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
ON: Planet Hanako

Thad took a few more swings before he paused and took in his surroundings. The ooze dripped off him and the arm he held in his hand. He thought for just a moment that maybe this was over kill. Till he looked over and was reminded of the down crew. He gave the arm another swing for good measure, the goo once more splatting against his chest.

He paused once more and gave his attention to Koyama who called out to him. "Yeah, I got a few ideas and none of them are pretty." He said with a sneer. "Though I think that can wait and we best get moving out of this place. I feel we have over stayed our welcome." He took a few steps forward, remembering he still held the arm of the Rixxikor that had lost it. He reached over and broke one of the claws from it. He then discarded it onto the ground as he put the claw into his pack.

The Rixxikor appeared to have cut their losses and "bugged" out for the time being. It was likely they would call for backup. Meanwhile Cassie's breaths grew less and less frequent and more filled with blood. The teal triangle on her uniform changed to a bright red and began flashing and a warning tone beeped from her uniform jacket.

While she waited for an update, Sanda took another look around the garage.

The garage had a large red metal case of tools, , a couple of power tools of some kind, a few small hand tools like a socket set and a good assortment of hammers. Also the garage had a few metal and wood work benches and a tool cart. She noticed a couple of large cans of flammable liquids and oils, and something ominious looking under a faded olive green military canvas tarp.

Koyama's grip on Cassie was only strong enough to hold the being in place even as her bracelet bleeped at her. Information streamed directly to her digital mind from it even as Sanda's voice piped in as well as their getaway driver, Beryl. With a grimace, the young Chui gave a nod to Thad.

"Then we will need to move quickly," with a little nod to Cassie, a worried look crossed her features as she went from a fireman carry and re-positioned them into something akin to a bridal carry. "She isn't breathing, and we need to get out of here. I can 'fly' faster than you can run, Thaddeus."

At the moment then, Koyama seemed to be trying to awkwardly breathe for Cassie, unsure of just what to do in this situation. She was no medic, she was an engineer with a penchant for genetic engineering on the side. "Her vitals are failing and the only thing I can think of is to get to the shuttle as fast as possible, or I feed her hemosynthetic blood." the latter twisted her lips to a grimace. It was a crude, disgusting option but she was indeed a partly walking healing machine.

"So either we both run, or you hold on to me and we leave as fast as I can manage."

To Sanda, she fired off a short, concise report of what had transpired, and to their shuttle pilot, she asked to be met halfway with their medic on standby feeding them what her bracelet managed to diagnose on Cassie's condition.

"Miércoles!" Sanda swore. "Thunder to Chui, Copy and out!" As she turned to Yayoi, Sanda kicked the corner of whatever was under the faded canvas. A motorcycle was fell over pulling the rest of the tarp with it to reveal not one but three crotch rocket motorcycles. Sanda's eyes widened for a moment as she looked at them then smiled. She moved over to one of them and did a quick once over. "Forget the truck. I think these will work far better."

"Koyama-Chui, this is Poppy, transmission received. I am prepared to receive casualties," the pink-haired medic replied with a labored grunt as she deployed a heavy stretcher in the back of the shuttlecraft and began pulling key items from her medical kit.

A smile crossed Thad's face at the comment about flying faster. "You have not seen me run then. Go, my arm has seen better days, get her to the shuttle. I will bring up the rear." He looked back just to be sure the rixx had not decided to turn into the walking dead. His grin grew as he seen his pet eating one of them. "Stop that Lulu, you don't know what shit that has stepped in." The little creature looked up and from the way its face moved, one might say it was a little sad to not get the chance to finish the meal. It quickly floated over to Thad and rested on his shoulder.

Yayoi couldn’t help but grin a little. Normally she was gruff, but she found she was impressed by Sanda’s skills. Beautiful and skillful, I like her “Heh, I think I’d like the sound of that. To be honest, had the infestation not come, I’d have been back on duty. Shore leave would have been over the day they’d arrived,” she replied, then glancing to the vehicle and grinned back at her before she, too, looked around and her eyes went specifically to the tarp and the thing under it.

“Looks like something under the tarp,” she’d say before she turned her head back to Sanda again as Sanda replied to her commander. Then the Cyborg Neko watched her kick the corner of whatever was under the tarp she’d seen “Three motorcycles, awesome” She’d say then nodded “true they’d work too.”

Sanda climbed aboard the motorcycle and quickly got it started. She reved the engine a few times and smiled a smile of pure pleasure. "Oh.. Yeah.." She took a quick moment to secure her camo cloak around her shoulders like a poncho so that it wouldn't fly straight out in the wind then attached her rifle over her shoulder and out of the way. She smiled again at Yayoi and said, "Lead the way."

Yayoi watched her climb on and he couldn’t help but admire before she forced herself to focus, and then climbed on another Motorcycle, and revved its engines. She shot forward and out of the garage and began leading the way. She took the routes she knew and she did attempt to make sure they weren't followed. She thought about the crew Sanda served with and she wanted to ask about them but since she thought Sanda was Nepleslian, she might not be able to use telepathy.

Koyama hissed at the little creature Thad named a pet. She'd told him to leave it behind and would have otherwise said as such. But with a momentary pause to give him a concerned look, the Neko gently lifted off her feet, seemingly propelling herself forward and out of where they'd made their entry. Carrying the wounded, and fading Anthro in her arms, she scrunched her nose as she quite literally poured on the speed as much as her emitters allowed all while tracking the shuttle. There had been a little 'Whoosh!' as the small woman disappeared at well over a hundred kilometers an hour.

"Leyton-hei, I am en-route now. Flying toward your position for pickup." with that, she sent the shuttle pilot a small ping on her location, speed, and progress. It appeared the Chui was going full-tilt as far as her body could fly in terms of speed. As the shuttle came into view, she waited for the ramp to open for her, feet still dangling off the ground holding the wounded creature in her arms, Koyama landed lightly on her feet and passed Cassie off on the stretcher, moved back to allow Poppy to tend her. The shotgun wound from earlier had healed over albeit it had left the inch-wide hole in the exposed portion of her body where the vest hadn't exactly covered. Her own blood had quickly dried, turning the spot to a rusty red.

Poppy quickly got to work as soon as Cassie was in the shuttle. "Looks like overpressure damage, ruptured eardrums, concussion, and ruptured lungs. Traumatic pneumothorax. I'm going to insert a chest tube to get the excess air out of the lung cavity, put her on oxygen, and give hemosynth blood with medical nanites," she said aloud as she began her work to save Cassie. She also quickly tossed an emergency hemosynthetic fluid container to Koyama to help her recover from blood loss as well.

Thad wasted no time chasing after the XO. He was fast but keeping up with a neko was another matter. Was like chasing after a rabbit in heat chasing tail. By the time he reached the shuttle, he could see that Cassie was being turned into a science project. "Damn doc, you need a hand? Seem to have your hands full." He said leaning over to get a better look.

Poppy just looked up at Thad and went back to what she was doing. He could see the blood on her latex gloves.

Koyama caught the injector, stared at it a moment, and placed it back beside Poppy with a shake of the head. Instead she merely swallowed one of the dense ration pills and grimaced. Better to save the medical kit for the more severely wounded. "Sanda-hei, we are on board the shuttle. We can either extract you and your... companion or link up at the designated coordinates they have given." in the background the Chui hissed again, very much cat-like at Lulu, Thad's pet. The woman had reminded the man he'd been ordered to leave it aboard. Of course this also meant Sanda heard every word.

"Welp, if you need anything, just be over here digging crap out of my arm." This was followed by his bag hitting the floor and him taking a seat. He reached into his coat and pulled out a knife and started to dig lodged debris out. Was mostly a flesh wound but still hurt like hell.

"Sorry, i just want to stabilize her first," Poppy told Thad. "If you want to wait I can get you next."

After a moment and a few shards hit the ground, Thad decided to look up towards Koyama. "Just pay my pet no mind. If you really want to take her spot just say so. My arm is busted up but still able to keep up with a neko." He flashed a smile and started to wrap his arm.

Sanda was flying down the road following Yayoi when she heard her com beep and received Koyama's update. She also heard the background noise about Thad's pet. She decided that she was going to need a very large drink of rum when she got back to the ship. With the sound of the engine's roar and the wind Sanda responded. "Thunder to Chui, We're about 2/3rds of the way there already. I think it'd be best if you hold back and get things ready for a quick pick up once we reach our target."

Sanda raced up beside Yoyoi and gave a hand signal. How much farther? It wasn't easy to do at such speed on a crotch rocket, but Sanda had ridden one a lot when she was young. And had gotten in a ton of trouble riding it when and where she wasn't supose to. But she loved the speed of it. The split second decisions, the sound of the bike reving and the wind rushing through her hair.

Yayoi raced beside Sanda, her eye caught the glimpse of the hand sign. Once more she found herself impressed by her skill and how she was able to ride and perform a hand sign. Clearly, she was very skilled and she found herself really considering the idea of joining her on the ship. She recalled Sanda called it the resurgence. The name wasn’t familiar, but then the Ranger focused on what ship, she’ll serve on rather than other ships.

By the time Sanda began performing her skill they’d gone to wood areas with lots of trees. She pointed to what appeared to be a cliff wall off to the side, and as they got closer, Sanda would see a doorway that became visible after a light swarmed the two of them. Yayoi shifted gear slowing her motorcycle as she came to a stop at the door which began opening.

Sanda slowed down as well and came to a halt a the last second in a spray of gravel. She killed the engine and uncliped her helmet. She shook out her hair and quickly retied it while examining the surrounding area. As the doors began to open and a figure rushed out the door Sanda's hand reached down for her revolver but checked the movement as it became apparent that their attacker was just a little girl.

Suddenly Yayoi had her hands up which appeared to have caught a little girl of 6. “Nice attempt, I can tell you really tried to put weight in the attack, but even so, does Sakura-Sensei know you tried to escape again?’ Yayoi asked the little one, as she climbed off the bike and held her close. “Hoshi-hei, this little future Ranger is Mako Tachibana,” She said as a frantic, soon-to-be sighing in relief green-haired Neko caught up with them. “And Sakura-Sensei” Yayoi added.

"As you wish," was all Koyama said to Sanda, with an added: "Be careful." to Thad, she shook her head. "Please get your pet... under control. It was SUPPOSED to stay on the shuttle." she ground out sitting across from him. Then curiously she licked her palm, pressed it to the hole in her jacket and wiped it away. Slowly but surely, it seemed the hole in the jacket began to re-stitch itself. Whatever it had been she'd sprayed on herself earlier, it seemed that was the function.

"Kind of like how this was supposed to be stealth till somone introduced optional. Noted, will keep Lulu on the ship next mission. And does that always do that?" He asked pointing to her jacket. "Mind licking my arm, I am curious." He extended his wounded arm towards her.

Koyama's stare went flat as he spoke. And then extended his arm to her. "No. It does not always do that. And no, I will not lick your arm. It was what I sprayed on myself earlier. It regenerates fabrics." touching the healed over wound gingerly, she sighed. "And admittedly, this is perhaps my first ground sortie with personnel under my command beyond an engineering situation. This is why I have been asking for help. I... am new to this."

"Sanda, Leyton, mark landing zone with flares when ready. Open flat spaces preferred. I'm ready to move when you give the word," Beryl transmitted.

Sanda smiled at the little girl. "Pleased to meet a fellow Ranger. I can see why this bunker has remained secure after such a long occupation. But it's time to stand down. Your duty is done soldier. We're evacing." To Beryl she said, "Solid Copy Shuttle. Stand by." With another look at Yayoi and Sakura she said. "Evac in 10 mins. Get the kids and whatever kit they can carry in a duffle bag. Is there a flat area close where we can signal the shuttle for pickup?"

Thad stood up and moved closer to Koyama and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Did good, wounds will heal and give stories to tell." A bright smile beamed from him. He removed his hand and leaned down into his bag. He grabbed the claw out of it and showed it to her. "Little something to remember us by. Don't mess with Star Army!"

Koyama lifted an eyebrow as his hand fell on her shoulder, the sleek muscle there had gone tense at the touch. Clearly still in fight or flight mode or something close to it. But she did relax after a moment. Although upon seeing the claw her eyebrows drew down. "Let me guess. A spoil of war?" she asked, and hadn't immediately admonished or ordered him to toss the thing away.

With a shake of her head she went on, "There are regulations against such a thing."

"Aye, though one is exempt if the item is unidentified and honestly I got no clue what this is. It just kind of broke off in my hand. Felt like it might come in handy." He grinned as he put it back into his bag.

Mako grinned and saluted the real Ranger. Everyone knew it was the real rangers and soldiers like Sanda and Yayoi that truly kept the place secure, but she was a little one, and she loved pretending, and it made her feel special to think she had something to do with it. With a big toothy grin, she replied “yes ma’am!” before being taken by Sakura. Yayoi watched and turned her attention back to Sanda” yeah, there's a clearing that’s flat nearby, walking distance from here about a few steps. “ She’d say and a few minutes later a hoard of children came scurrying out, followed by their adult and teen minders.

Yayoi followed, leading Sanda and soon they came to the clearing, and she saw the shuttle and. She’d heard sounds of the adults, reminding the children to be polite and greet properly as well as thank them. “I think I would, I think I’d like to be transferred to your ship. Seems like it might be an interesting experience. She waited for the ramp to lower and stretched her arms.

As soon as she got the word, Beryl carefully but rapidly flew the shuttle over the terrain using a set of night-vision goggles, and set the shuttle down at the LZ in just a few minutes. In the back, Poppy slapped her bloody glove on the door switch and the rear loading ramp came down.

OOC: JP by Wes, @Charaa, @Cowboy, @Soresu, and @Miko
 

Cowboy

🎖️ Game Master
Onboard Shuttle

Sanda sat down and lay her head back against the bulkhead. She breathed deeply and let the air out slowly, forcing her body to relax. How long had it been since they first reached the planet? Not even 24 hours but it felt like weeks. This was sometimes the hardest part of the mission for Sanda, the end. Her body had been hyped up on adrenalin for so long it sometimes resisted relaxing and settling down. For the Nepleslian, she liked Rock an' Roll and Rum to help tell her body the mission was over. She pulled out her ear piece and stuck them in her ears and began with one of her favorites. The same song she had listened to just before she deployed funny enough. You've been.....THUNDERSTUCK!! The music blared in her ears, drowning out the sounds of the kids and civilians and the shuttle itself.

She then took from under her cloak a hip flask with a thunderbolt engraved on the front. Sanda unscrewed the lid and took a mouthful. The Rum was sweet and smooth and burned as it slid down her throat. She could feel her body going off fight mode. Opening her eyes she saw Yayoi and smiled. She held out the flask towards the other Ranger and asked, "Join me in a victory toast?"
 

Miko

Well-Known Member
Onboard Shuttle

Thaddeaus paused for a moment to look at the crew who made it back. From his head count everyone was accounted for, though a little worse for wear for some. Plus they had brought on board a few more. He felt like this mission was a success and he even got the chance to put a few more notches on his belt from the enemy. Though what might have been the biggest surprise to onlookers was Thad playing with the kids they had brought on board. He played with the ones that wanted to play. Picked up others who wanted to sit on his shoulder. Even gave out hugs to those in need, still recovering from the shock of being rescued. The look he had during battle, a blood thirsty stare had been replaced with soft eyes and a smile.

He said out loud to no one in particular. "Good to be reminded what we fight for huh team." Though for Thad there was many reasons to fight. Some for glory though mostly to keep those who can not defend themselves out of harms way. He was a solder through and through. Always at the ready for his next deployment.
 
RPG-D RPGfix
Top