• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 4: The Hand That Feeds

Power Armor Bay

An actual smile formed on Akira's face when Koyama mentioned SAINT and their apparent absence of late in a lot of things. She had her opinion on the black panels, but she was not going to share them sober. And it was really hard for her to be drunk as a Neko. "Aye aye, we will do what we can." said, ending with a stereotypical Chibi with a smile and two "V for victory" hand signs as she signed off.

Her smile mostly disappeared when she looked over at Cassie for a moment. The statement was something someone who never experienced the deprivities of mankind would say. The belief in one's assumptions were what really were nagging at the Taii. Oh the joys of not having to look at a far bigger picture and not enduring the cost if you screw up. She had to stop herself from audibly sighing.

With the limited number of infantry on the ship, she was going to have to make a request to the Captain for more infantry or sprites to fill the role. But for the time being, she had organized Hoshi and Yayoi into their own Ranger Team and Cassie as senior, Frank, Delmira, Thad, and Cheilith forming into a fire team. Since she loved nicknames and their general apathy towards her, she decided to give them the tentative nickname of SASS (Soldiers Against Serious Suzuki). Wait where is Cheilith?

When Sanda responded to her question about the Rangers' regimental training, Akira smile and nodded.

Power Armor Bay

Sanda shook her head at Frank's question about custom paint jobs. "No alas. If we could, I'd put the same lighting patterned that I've got tattooed on my body. It would look so sweet."

Sanda frowned just a little bit at Cassie's assessment. The way she painted it, it didn't sound like there would be any excitement on this mission. Maybe that was for the best. Sanda had had just about all the excitement she could take for awhile. Although it didn't sound like they'd be getting in a fight, she could still use her stealth skills and take a look around the place. Even in places people might not want her to look. That would be exciting enough for her.

HALNA SYSTEM

The YSS Resurgence and a Star Army Nibasha-class freighter, YSS Oceanus, slowed as they approached The Black Moon, a shadowy planetoid in orbit of a planet called Graveyard, which was described as "Infernal, Suffocating, Lethally Toxic, and Corrosive." The Black Moon was a former mining colony that had become a popular port of call for some of the Kikyo Sector's most notable criminal organizations, because it was a safe haven in Yamataian space that Yamatai defended, yet didn't care enough about to take control of. As such, the Star Army ships were unsual guests that were not normally welcome.

Resurgence and its allied cargo ship slowly descended to into an old mining shaft not much larger than the ship's length, and shortly afterward they were both resting on decrepit-looking landing pads in "Shaft Beta" with the Resurgence being near the surface and the Oceanus on the level below, where it began to open its large cbay doors for unloading cargo containers. The Resurgence was connected to a flexible docking arm that provided a safe passage to one of the Black Moon's many decrepit terminals.

Koyama rubbed at her forehead, feeling as if she had just unleashed a bunch of children armed to the teeth into the jaws of a pirate moon. Granted by the quirk of Nekovalkyrja aging and lifespans, she was quite possibly physically the youngest out of them. Albeit she felt like the oldest. Not many of her kind could boast of having lived for so long without being revived at least once.

She managed to find the Elysian scientist, sighing with her arms crossed, "Decided to stay behind?" asking him and wondering if it had been ideal to leave Thad to his own devices with a recently brought back Mia.

Mochi nodded from where he was relaxing against one wall of the room. "I could go down with them, but if we've been told not to look too threatening, maybe less bodies is better." The scientist explained, "I'll be available to drop and support if they need it, but until then a science drone should do fine."

Koyama looked over her shoulder toward the route she had come from, "That would make two of us then if they need their fat saved from the fire." murmuring and shook her head, "I do worry about the more... volatile members. But I hope the Taii keeps them in line, I reviewed everything from Valaad." the XO mentioned, motioning for him to follow as she began walking again toward the bridge.

"Hoshi-hei has potential, but her temper is short, Sterling-hei should have known better to say such a thing to you as well." with a sigh, her eyes glanced to the datapad she had, had tucked under her arm. "Granted for once I am glad to not be going on an away mission."

The Elysian scratched his chin, pushing off, ready to follow Koyama to the Bridge if she wished to depart. "I like going on the away missions, but it'll be a nice change to stay in reserves." Mochi glanced back to the other team, then to Koyama once more. "If a Giretsu officer can't keep them in line, I think we have problems." He chuckled quietly, making sure the others couldn't hear.

Koyama tapped at the pad as she walked, not bothering to look up, "I do as well sometimes. But I am 'built' more for the stars than planetside, or stations. The last few away missions I have been on have been decidedly less... life threatening than what I am used to." the schematics for science drones had appeared on the pad's touch screen of their own volition.

"My first nearly ended in disaster, quite literally. Since then I have been on edge every time I go on one." she admitted with a little laugh, "So I much prefer the impersonal view of a world from a ship than on the ground."

Mochi trailed behind the XO, a little bit of a lazy swagger in his step, rightly earned from being in his role and aboard this type of ship for so long. "These missions have been little compared to the Kuvexian war. Hell, I think I have.. three war ribbons at this point? The NMX are something else."

Power Armor Bay

"It sound like we're here," Cassie smiled. "So I guess other than the recon role I guess maybe we should have discussed whether or not we're supposed to make sure the loot is divided up evenly among the factions here?" she wondered aloud, "Or is Star Army Logistics doing that? Anyway, I'm eager to get out there and look around. Nobody's going to mess with us but we're going to get a lot of side-eye in these power armors," she predicted.

Akira looked towards Cassie and then to the rest of the group. "You won't have to worry too much about the side-eye there Cassie-hei, your task is to take your team and patrol around the terminal. If you want to interact with the locals, go ahead. Maybe some of them might be talkitive about their views on the Empire."

She then looked over at Hoshi and Yayoi. "Your jobs are to get a feel of the local criminal organizations and gather what intelligence you can get. Even better if he can figure who is the most likely organization to swipe the supplies we are giving out, where, and how they are going to exploit the non-criminals located here. Think SAINT, but better."

"It's not exactly the Kyoto Tower Hotel here. Pretty sure this place has a non-zero chance of stepping in human feces," Cassie hummed, putting on her Mindy helmet. She nodded to Akira and headed up to the main docking hatch on Deck 3. "Haha. Does she think we're cops or something?" Cassie laughed after she was at the hatch to the Black Moon.

Sanda smiled and punched Yayoi on the shoulder. "That sounds right up our alley." Now this is the stuff Sanda joined the army for. Having received her Type 41 Rifle from Norita, she set it on its strap so that it could dangle hands free if she needed it to.

Yayoi simply nodded her head at Akira's orders and looked over at Sanda as her shoulder was punched and allowed herself to smirk a little. "yes it does" She agreed with her fellow Ranger. It also felt like she was back on Hanako's world, she knew she could do this, it felt easy to her.

Akira donned her helmet and slung her rifle so it was hanging from her right shoulders. "Yayoi, Cassie; check in with me every 30 minutes and enjoy yourselves." Akira said as she went over to watch the supplies be unloaded and sorted in the concourse. She could watch to see if they try to steal them right in the open or just watch the local's reactions to the presence of the Star Army. But to get there, she would need to go out like everyone else.

Yayoi nodded "Hai, Understood ma'am" she said as she attempted to control her emotions. She liked Akira, and couldn't wait to see how she operated even more.

Sanda drew her camo cloak over her head so that it covered her helmet. "Let's go Blade." Sanda said to Yayoi.

Cassie led the way though the docking arm and out into the concourse area, which was a large, open warehouse-like compartment carved into the dock. Dozens of rusted support columns filled the room and the floor was covered in a rubbery interlocking mats. There was scattered trash along some of the walls and a small seating area with about old 50 seats in a dated YE 20s style. The concourse actually had a decent number of people present to gawk at the Star Army personnel, and immediately a dude came up to Cassie and started telling him a sad story and how he just needed a little cash for starship fuel.

Delmira followed behind Cassie, the short neko not so short in her power armor looked around the room they where in now. Delmira walked up behind Cassie as the stranger approached and gave his sob story. Normally the neko would be empathetic but after recent events she didn't care so she stood as tall and imposeing as she could.

"Look, I don't carry cash on me in power armor, man," Cassie tried to explain, which only caused the guy to start going on about the ease of electronic fund transfers, and how his kids were depending on him.

Akira looked at the man. "How long has you been here?"

"Oh hey," the beggar smiled at Akira. "My name's Benthony Jethpersson, I been here about a year just trying to make ends meet, you know what I mean? The Yamataian government messed up my citizen packet so I can't get no citizenship or benefits, so I've been stuck out here waiting for them to get back to me and it's been so long I done run out of savings. Shit's hard, you know?"

"Mr. Jethpersson you say you have been here a year and that your citizen packet got messed up, correct? Why would you need money for starship fuel?" Delmira asked the man.

Akira nods her head towards Delmira. "That is indeed a good question there." Akira took the moment to try to connect with the Fuji's MEGAMI and request a query with Yamatai Immigration Databases to see if Mr. Jethpersson was at least being honest with that part of his scam story.

"Look I done told you I ran out of savings," Benthony explained, "If I had some fuel for my ship I can go gas mining and make some money. If you don't help me I'm gonna have to take a loan from the Black Syndicate and they're gonna want favors that are gonna get me in trouble."

Delmira looked at Akira then walked up to the man and spoke to him as quiet as she could. "I might be convinced to buy some intel off you, we are newcomers and information on the big players here would be worth something." The short neko tried to position herself so what she was saying was directed away from the others.

"Yeah, okay, but I ain't a snitch either," Benthony told Delmira. "You want to go someplace like a restaurant?"

"You got a datapad?" Delmira asked and then looked at the rest of the squad.

Akira linked digitally with Delmira securely. "Learned something from him?"

Yayoi drew her own camo cloak, and nodded her head at Sanda. She was ready to go, as she felt herself focusing on the task at hand.

Almost as soon as she left the ship, Sanda melted into the shadows. She avoided the crowds and took a moment to make sure she had not been noticed before moving on. Sticking to shadows she was able to move down support columns to where the YSS Oceanus was being unloaded.

Yayoi was silent as she stepped off and immediately melted into shadows, nothing betrayed her. No sounds of footsteps, nothing sparkled. She went a different route to the YSS Oceanus and found herself hiding in a structure that provided a good view of things from where she was. Silence and shadows hid the butcher of Hanako as she waited for her prey to approach. These weren't Kuvexians or the bugs, so she thought it should be easier.

Sanda smiled as she tried to locate Yayoi in the shadows. She could make a guess as to where might be a good place to hide, but she couldn't see the Neko Ranger anywhere. The girl was just as good as she was. It was reasuring, knowing that Yayoi was out there even if she couldn't see her.

Sanda used her cyborg eye to zoom in on the cargo being unloaded. Things seemed to be going without any problems, although there were a group of onlookers who were huddled together and pointing to at the various containers that looked suspicious.

The Oceanus was on a level below the Resurgence. The concourse there was significantly more packed with people. The On'nin Ikemen, Black Syndicate, and the Nepleslian Reds had all sent teams to collect their share of the supplies, and were looking in the containers, which appeared to contain large amounts of food, starship electronics, medical supplies, body armor and power armors, manufacturing equipment, combat robots, torpedoes, missiles, heavy ship weapons, batteries, and ammunition crates. It essentially looked like each of the groups got similar packages of security assistance, enough to supply a military unit for a month of warfare. There were also plainclothes SAINT advisors on site providing intelligence on Kuvexian remnant activities and giving brief trainings on using some of the weaponry.

Sanda whistled as she saw what was in some of the cargo containers. "Maldita sea. ¿Que estamos haciendo? ¡Financiando un ejército!" She said quietly. That was an awful lot of heavy firepower. No wonder Akira wanted them to keep an eye on this stuff.

Yayoi watched and observed the crowd of people, and to focus on the crates she took note of the cargo, but she made no sound, a habit of her Hanako Resistance dance. Her red and yellow eyes shifted towards the people, taking out any detail that dignifies whom or rather which gang those down below were a part of. Almost immediately she took note of the numbers. I wish we had most of those in the Resistance She thought silently as she did as she was ordered to.

Sanda touched her ear piece and messaged Yayoi. "Thunder to Blade. You got eyes on? There's quite a few groups down there. We might have to split up if any of them go for one of the containers."

Akira radio'd in with Yayoi. "Anything to report?"

Hallway of Destiny

Thad had finally ran into Mia. He had been told, warned even that she was looking for him. Him hope was that she was looking for a hug and not a place to insert the knife.

"Hold me, Thad," Mia cooed. "I'm back. I just, I just got stressed the fuck out. I need some stability here," she told him. "I just want to be held."

Thad reached up and rubbed the back of his head for a moment. "Sure, hugs I can offer. Just next when you need to let off some stress, please try fighting in the VR room. Tends to be a lot better for your health." He stepped forward and put his arm around her. Though he kept his hand on his hip still, near his weapon.

"The fuck?" Mia said as Thad gave her this half-assed hug with one arm. She looked at him with suspicion. "Are you for real?"

"Cut me a break here, just a moment ago you was in a goo tank. Was unsure if you'd make it back and now here you are right as rain." He decided to give her a full hug, be damned what happen. "Glad your back, ship was getting lonely with you gone."

Mia seemed to calm down some. "I heard they instantly replaced me with another caretaker," Mia told Thad. "Though I guess we needed a night shift one."

"Aye, seems like they had one lined up ahead of time. Most likely since your expecting and be going on leave." He leaned in closer to Mia. "You'll always be my caretaker, won't you?"

- - - -

OOC: JP by Wes, Demibear, Ajax, Charaa,Soresu, Cowboy, Miko, Ethereal, ShadowWalker

Yayoi spoke to both Sanda and Akira” I got eyes on confirmed On'nin Ikemen, Black Syndicate, and the Nepleslian Reds members” She reported and added the specific positions of the members so that they were aware of which member was where.

{Not yet but working on it.} Delmira responded to Akira. She waited for the mans response and looked back at him. "Dont worry about a paper trail my suit will wipe the information on the datapad, beats talking in public however."

As Frank would fallow his squad he would suggest a idea over their coms. "So if our mission in a nutshell is to recon and report any criminal groups while also trying to give aid to these people would it be more usefull to have someone pose as a gun for hire to see if they cant get anyinfo on these guys? I'd offer to do so, given my experince with that line of work id be less likely to cuck it up." He waited for anyone to respond to his suggestion as he would fallow the group and stick to the mission.

Hallway of Destiny

Thad was still processing the fact Mia was back. From his former life, an injury like she had would have been a one way ticket to the afterlife. The technology of Yam was just amazing. He was just as impressed with the moral conscience some of the crew seemed to have. He had expected them to disregard his wishes and just let her be a feeding vessel for the baby. The fact the medical officer and XO was open to bringing her back made his day. He considered that maybe Poppy was not all that bad. Granted she did kind of get this mess started by not being supportive in a productive way and even gave her the means to end it all. At some point he'd have to make amends with her since she did him a solid.

"So since I am not part of this mission. Would you mind to accompany me to go see a few people? I'd like to swing by and see Poppy. Also like to thank the XO for her role in all this." His normal smile had returned as he looked to her for a reply.

Hidden in the Shadows above the Oceanus

Sanda made a mental note to update her cybernetics the next chance she got. Being able to scan faces and run them against a data base would be very useful at this moment. Still she could tell a lot about a person by how they carried themselves. While keeping an eye on the activities below her, Sanda also made sure to check her surroundings. The last thing she wanted was to get sloppy and allow someone to notice her or get the drop on her.

After hearing Yayoi report about On'nin Ikemen, Black Syndicate and Reds, Sanda decided to relocated. Always keeping to the shadows and making no sound she worked her way around towards one of the tunnel entrances. She still had a good view of the parties at play and the supplies. But now she was in a better position to react to any unlikely trouble that may pop up or be able to follow right behind any group that she needed to. Her type 41 rifle was slung behind her back and out of the way to allow her to move faster but also so she wouldn't appear to be armed. Though she had no plans for being seen, if she had to move into the light, she didn't want to attract any comment. All people would notice would be a Nep woman with a face tattoo and a dark cloak.

Zaven's Bunk

"Well, how you got here, what has the service been like for you since you enlisted, and maybe...what are some of your hobbies?" He asked as he felt his turn be rejected and he gave a light hearted chuckle. He noticed her strength and well, he did not know from fucking where she gathered that, but it was a bit hot he had to admit that. Then as she shimmied down and agreed to Zanven's massage she reached his lumbar and he let out a satisfied sigh out of gratitude. When Sakuko told him that he did not get to do the technique where he would walk on her back Zanven honestly laughed for once. "I wouldn't dream of it, you might flip me and make me land on the desk, then I won't be any good to fly now would I?" He teased as he at least could enjoy some down time in this assignment. That is when his mind wandered back to the medical room... "Sakuko, before we do move along with you telling me more about yourself...what do you make of what happened earlier...Thad and Mia were a...well known couple on the ship were they not? Also...I know that being stationed on the ship has its...perks, but this seemed like it went too far...or that it was not handled with the care that it should have been. What if more instances like this pop up? What makes this different than not being in the service and just being a some random person on the home world?" He was inquisitive...which was...in this atmosphere, a bit odd...but his head often worked on problems in the most disadvantageous of times.
Zanven's Bunk

"Oh. I know they had some sort of relationship from their previous starship, the YSS Kanagawa, and that Mia apparently had such an attachment to Thad that she requested a transfer to the Resurgence to follow him here," Sakuko said, "I don't really get what you're asking here, are you talking about more pregnancies? They shouldn't really be a thing as long as everyone has their body's settings menu set correctly, which Mia didn't because she's careless. We are all here to do our job. If we don't, the wrong people could end up dead. This is a warship, not a frat house. Ideally each person here should conduct their personal life in a way that doesn't interfere with their duty. If not, the officers are going to have to come down on them. That means avoiding drama," Sakuko answered. "Oh, what...did you think I wanted a baby?" she laughed, perhaps a little too hard.

Rather Empty Terminal... Too Empty.

Akira, still oblivious to what was truly going on with the supplies seemed rather alarmed that a large number of criminal elements were already moving on the supplies. "Understood, continue to observe their actions. If they steal anything, try to track it down the best you can." she said. She then looked over towards the infantry fire team.

"Understood." Akira simply responded mentally to Delmira. She then switched to the same channel Frank had used. "That is actually a very good idea. The only issue with that is 1.) You are wearing a Daisy. We don't sell those. 2.) We just came off a very colorful SAoY gunship. Only the most desperate for muscle would fall for that ruse. But I like where you head is soldier."

Last edited:
Hidden Neko Den
Yayoi spoke to the communications device” Copy that!” she replied to Akira and continued to observe the situation.

The Black Moon - Docking Shaft

Things seemed to be going smoothly as the YSS Oceanus continued to unload valuable cargo gifted from Yamatai. The shady residents of Halna worked to receive it all, with each of the three major crime syndicates taking their share. It was nice to be on the good side of the Star Army for a change. These supplies would enable Halna to defend itself robustly against Kuvexian remnants, provided they stayed on the Black Moon, which they might not...but the important thing was the Yamatai Empire had bought influence and these groups now owed the Empress a favor.

On the Resurgence's bridge, captain Aoba felt relief that the mission was finally over. The emergence of increased pirates of varying levels of boldness and respect for the Star Army had made them a big target until the cargo had was safely delivered. And while it wasn't time to relax just yet, it meant the end of this adventure was close. After taking a look around Halna, the ship could go home and get repairs. Since the Black Moon didn't have a single leader to call on, Aoba opted to forego diplomatic schmoozing and to let his crew be his eyes and ears on the ground. He listened in on the away team's secure channel.

"I guess that's why you don't just pick one," Cassie shrugged, still hanging around the concourse where Resurgence was docked. She looked around, "Oh, looks like you lost us," she said, noticing a distinct lack of Rangers around her. "So who wants to go deeper into this place?"

"Are you asking cause we have a choice?" Frank said turning to Cassie. Looking forward he let a sigh escape his lips. "If we do I'll take point so you don't catch a round again."

Akira looked over in the direction of Cassie for a moment. But she was more focused on Delmira. Protecting her and the man was the priority if he actually knows anything.

Delmira waited for the mans response. She was growing impatient but didn't show it.

"Uh, what do you want to know, again?" Benthony Jethpersson asked Akira, taking a moment to sniff some sort of electronic vapor device he pulled from his pocket. "I get memory loss sometimes. Because drugs."

Akira nods her head towards Delmira.

"I wanted to know who the big players are." Delmira said to the old man

"Well, the Black Syndicates does the guns and drugs, the Reds do the piracy, and the Ike...the Ike..the Yamataians do the trafficking and smuggling," Benthony told Akira. "Each group controls sections of the moon station and they mostly stay out of each others' way. Lately there's been a lot of problem of Kuvexian type groups trying to move in on the old groups and replace them, so it's, like, mutual interest to combine forces."

"You got a datapad or paper?" Delmira asked the man.

"I got one datapad but I need it to talk with people," Benthony explained. "I used all my paper to wipe," he said, letting out a loud, sulfurous fart. "I got IBS or something, you don't get free healthcare in this place."

Demira held out her hand "Hand it over I will set up a account for you to withdraw from. Also gross."

"Can't you just give me a KS card?" the man asked, very suspicious of Delmira. "Look I gotta go soon, it's happening," he said, as the farts began to get worse.

Frank looks to Cassie "So you want to go exploring?"

"Dude does it look like I got pockets?" Delmira said hand still held out.

Akira walked forward, doing what she can to shut off her sense of smell. "It got it, though they really should make wireless transfer of currency for us NH-series easier." she said. She reached into her armor and pulled out an old KS card linked to a sketchy bank account she was looking to get rid of.

"Oh man," Cassie chuckled. She gave Delmira two Kikyo Pie Company pizza gift cards to give the man. "Yeah, Frank, let's see more of this place."

"Let me know if you find anything." Akira said point to point to Cassie's Mindy.

Delmira took the gift cards from Cassie and handed them to the man. "Your information checks out maybe I can get you more money, that's a big maybe however."

Frank nodded and lead the way down, deeper into this place. "So I distinctly remember something about comparing scars or was that just the meds talking?" Frank asked starting some small talk with Cassie as they walked.

Entering the tunnel systems, Cassie and Frank encountered a kind of crowded shanty town made of hundreds of makeshift living spaces along the walls. There was a surprising amount of people living here. The tunnels were naturally fairly warm, although air quality was not the best.

Frank shakes his head as things come into view. "Damn, so this is life outside of Yam control? It's little better than homelessness."

Delmira turned to Akira. "Well the situation here seems interesting."

Akira nods her head, hiding the KS card again. "Not surprising the Kuvexian Remnant is trying to muscle their way in. Though this close to Yamatai is a bit worrying." she said before looking to the man. "Are there any particular Kuvexian group that seems more dominate? Or is just whatever group that makes their way to the Black Moon?"

"Yeah, actually," Benthony nodded. "One of the ones I keep hearing about is a mega arms corporation called Quallox Vaibal. There's also a Kuvexian pirate group called Jurnon Splex. They're trying to set up bases in the Kikyo Sector and stay here for the long term."

Akira rubs her chin. The corporation sounded familiar for a reason, but she wasn't quite sure why. So she just committed the conversation into her digital memory storage for quick playback in the near future when she can connect to a low clearance intelligence database.

"That was always their goal from the sounds of it. They just didn't expect what happened to them." Akira said, grinning a bit. She then looked to Delmira. "Your show. That just seemed like a key question to ask that came to mind."

"You know how to contact us if your memory needs to be jogged more if you think of anything else. Go get some food and deal with your medical condition." She told Benthony. before turning to Akira. "Pfft i just wanted to show some good will not lead a mission." She said and looked off a bit. "I would suggest a plain clothes operation unless we want to knock down some doors but yes we should look into this. The question is how public do we want them to see that the star army is looking into things."

"If it was in my power to authorize that, that would happen. But for the moment, our task is just see how things are here. But all the criminal elements seem to be gathered at the supply drop point." Akira said, getting a gut feeling like something else is going on. But she was not privy to the knowledge as to why. "For the time being, we will just remind the folks here that the Star Army of Yamatai is always ready for a fight."

Cassie suddenly turned to Frank and said, "We might have to get directions, I don't have a problem with navigation but I also don't know what the destinations are around here and it's entirely possible we run into guards."

"It would be easier if we didn't look like two people going to war." Frank added before removing his helmet. Being a android there wasn't much worry for himself for exposing his synthetic skin to the air down here, and if it helped ease tension enough to ask for directions that was a plus

Frank would look amongst the various shanty houses like a lumbering giant however trying his best not to disturb those around him. as soon as he would find someone wondering around he would stop to talk to them. "Hey there, were a little lost down here and was hoping you would happen to have a map of the area and we will try not to bother you while were here." Frank stated in a friendly but rehearsed way as if this isn't the first time he had to ask directions in a new area.

Something about being a Star Army in power armor caused people to avoid eye contact with Frank and Cassie. Perhaps it was bad memories of the combat in these tunnels in YE 30, or just that they were obviously soldiers from the Empire the people here weren't citizens of.

Hidden Neko Den

Yayoi silently observed the activity from her vantage point. The quiet activity from the gangs surprised her, having expected them to be wild, and violent.

Sanda sighed as she watched the various groups from the shadows getting their share of the supplies without any conflict. "And I thought these were suppose to be major crime organizations?" Sanda muttered to herself.

Yayoi frowned as she observed. "Yeah that's what the intel says.. wait.. Don't tell me they are controlled by some unknown player? Perhaps there's an even bigger or more powerful gang?" She replied partly to Sanda, and partly to herself. It would explain how calm they seemed to be to the hidden ones.

Sanda shrugged. She wasn't sure and honestly didn't care much. She was still exhausted. This mission had been really long and she was ready to see the end of it. But she would do her best and not slack off here at the end. "If there is another gang, I hope they're do something soon. I'm ready for some action."

Yayoi nodded "yeah, same here" she commented to her fellow ranger.

Sanda glanced over at her friend and smiled. "Sooo... What do you think of the new Taii?" She was trying to stay focused on the groups, but right now there wasn't a whole lot to see.

Yayoi payed attention to the group but she did reply to her fellow Ranger. "She seems like a good soldier, and I am pleased that someone like her is leading us as Taii. Time will tell us more about her I'm sure." she said.

Sanda nodded. "She's more than just a good soldier, she's a Giretsu." Sanda was silent a moment then said, "I've been thinking of applying to Giretsu school."

Yayoi didn't seem surprised to hear that Akira was a Giretsu. "They will gain an amazing member as part of their organization." She replied to Sanda, though truth be told she'd thought Sanda would make a great Giretsu too as much as she did a Ranger.

Sanda felt her ears getting warm. There weren't many people on the ship she respected enough to get embarrassed by a compliment but Yayoi was one of them. "Thanks. I really like there professionalism and how they conduct themselves. Also, their mastery of PA is particularly of interest as we didn't focus much on that in Ranger School. At least not in Space fights."

Yayoi listened as Sanda spoke to her of her reasons for joining the Giretsu school. She knew that their behavior appealed to Sanda and that it was in Yayoi's opinion probably the first thing that did, plus it appealed to Yayoi too. "Yeah I heard about that myself. But Seriously, you'd thrive there with the Giretsu." She stated to Sanda, though she knew that there was a chance that Sanda might not get included to Ranger missions, at least she didn't remember if they did.

Sanda smiled. "Maybe we should both apply? Can you imagine how unstoppable we'd be to have graduated from both Ranger school AND Giretsu school?" She laughed out loud. "They could get rid of the whole rest of the away team. They wouldn't need more than just us two."

Yayoi hoped the laugh didnt carry down to the pirate groups they were observing, but she had to admit the idea was appealing. "heh, i like the sound of unstoppable, and admittedly I'd be the first in my batch to go for it. I did have a sister that's a Giretsu, so i could contact her for info to see what we'd be up against but i do like the sound of it. if you want to we could get leave to go join the Giretsu school." She told her.

Sanda smiled. "That sounds like a good plan to me. Let's do it."

Yayoi grinned in response to Sanda's words.
- - - -

OOC: JP by Wes, Demibear, Ajax, Charaa,Soresu, Cowboy, Miko, Ethereal, ShadowWalker

"I mean we can always conveniently go see things are at the drop point, though the rangers are already doing that correct?" Delmira said and looked back to Akira. "Not saying we should go cause trouble. But lets go remind people that we are here and ready to fight."

Frank sighed as they arnt getting anywhere fast. walking back to Cassie frank shrugged "Well there goes Idea number one. I guess we go for idea number two. you might have to go use some of your feminine charm to get someone to give us directions. rather than having me the brick shit house ask for directions." Frank said. as he looked around.

Yamatai used to big a name spoken with fear or hesitation back when I was a man and not machine Did a giant war happen lowing numbers by a lot while I was gone. Frank thought to himself while he began to hurry up and wait.

Hearing that Thad and Mia’s predicament was something that was…well a long time coming, Zanven gave it some thought and he came to the conclusion of what he was thinking earlier about the warship that was kind of like being a part of a giant frat house. She continued, saying she did not know what he was asking and Zanven was about to interject when she continued on about the pregnancies and he nodded as she spoke with an answer that Zanven expected to hear. He did not sign up for a frat house pleasure barge, he was here to make sure the Empire remained the best and safest place to live. Sakuko then laughed rather hard as Zanven scratched the back of his head. “That was not what I was getting at, I was just being curious.” He said with a chuckle as he sighed. “So do you know where we are heading next?, I have not seen any updates in my mission log.” He said as he looked up at her and smiled.

Supplies Overwatch

Sanda's eyes swept the area again and noticed two individuals keeping to the shadows, just as the Rangers were doing. But Sanda and Yayoi were in a much better position and better hidden. What struck Sanda as odd was the fact that the two individuals had hoods over their heads and they were doing their best not to be seen. Using her cybernetic eye, Sanda zoomed in on the two. Even though their faces were hidden, the Ranger and the impression that they weren't human. Her impression was confirmed a moment later when one of them took out a tablet. The glow of the screen illuminated the face just enough for her to make it out. Things just got more interesting.

"Thunder to Taii." Sanda spoke very softly into her mic. Although she was pretty certain that even at normal volume there was no way she could be heard her training had kicked in which automatically made her as silent as possible. "Ma'am, I've got a visual on two Kuvexians. They're watching the unloading of supplies. Orders?"

Thaddeaus put his arm around Mia and guided her while he started walking. Instead of waiting for an answer he'd nudge along though should she have other plans he would not keep her. "We should make plans to hang out sometime soon. And not just to talk shop, but to really get to know each other." He paused for a moment, placing his hands behind the back of his head. "You plan of living on a farm is a good one, as I always did plan to retire with my own plot of land. May even build a castle on it and live out a fairy tale ending. Though the path to this is uncertain. We are both locked into our service to Star Army so it is not like we can just leave." He smirked thinking back to all the times he had drifted with the wind from one lord to another. It would seem none could keep him from going about his life as he seen fit.

It did not take long for Thad to reach the bridge. He felt it would be good for Koyama to see he had things under control. "Koyama-Taii, prior to reporting to my post, I wished to thank you first hand. As you can see, Mia seems to be her normal level of crazy." He smiled proud of himself to make it this far and not have something burst into flames.

Koyama hadn't turned from her station, but the urge to slam her head into the console became palpable. Thad hadn't asked for permission to enter the bridge, not even announced himself. Simply strolling on in. Resisting this impulse, the golden-eyed first officer continued observing the feeds of the away team. Her SPINE doing the heavy lifting while she sorted some of the details with taps on the console.

"You are welcome, Maximus-hei," her tone neutral, appearing, for the most part, to be busy with her work. "I would however admonish you for speaking of a fellow crewmember in such a manner." that voice becoming a little chilly. Or at least say this out of earshot of the Shosa you crazed Nepleslian! Koyama thought darkly to herself, but at this point be it on his head to keep it up. She had done her part in reuniting the dysfunctional pair. Only for the sake of an unfortunate, unborn life within the belly of a woman she had grown to detest because of her actions. While the Hybrid humanoid was an irritant, like a puppy who couldn't help itself unknowingly continuing to chew on things or messing in areas not designated for it.

YSS Resurgence - Bridge

Mia followed Thad to the ship's bridge and gave Koyama and everyone else a little wave when she entered. "Hi everyone. Anyone want a coffee or snack?" she offered, focusing on her role as the ship's caretaker. She wanted to return to some sort of normalcy as well. To Thad, she whispered in his ear, "You know I only have a year til I can get out," in response to his remarks from earlier.

A big grin came over Thad's face. "I'll take a snack." He paused and looked around the room to gauge the reactions. "A cookie would be nice." Though he tried his best he couldn't help but wink. Granted there was no intent behind it but he just couldn't help himself from getting the crew fired up.

"So, have any tasks for me to do?"

Aoba shook his head, "Maximus-Hei, there's no reason for you to be on the bridge. Please go before I get creative."

Mia looked at Thad with her eyes getting big. "Bridge crew only," she whispered, trying to tug him back towards the door.

Koyama stayed stonily silent as Mia appeared, one of her ears had adjusted itself to be aimed partly in their direction. A simmering loathing had knotted itself in her chest at the woman's voice. Only to be suppressed with a cleansing breath, through the nose, then passing between her lips with her shoulders relaxing. It eased the sensations of her SPINE, but it had only lessened those negative feelings by a hair.

She would test this woman and her attentiveness to detail. Perhaps it was heckling, a mark of dislike, but with her golden gaze focused on the console she couldn't help but narrow her eyes. "Tea, preferably Chai, hot, Agrippina-hei knows my preferences." she had made it known to the cook long ago. A blend of spices and a few herbs and a little sugar. Made with milk, not water. As near to the fascinating Iromakuanhe concoction as she had, had while stationed on one of the frontier star fortresses.

"I will forego a... snack, but thank you."

After her order, the matte-gray chair turned slowly to give Thad a look. "For now, the Taii has you on standby, yes? Or I will endeavor to assist the Shosa in being 'creative'."

Thad paused for a moment, Mia pulling on him to follow. He was curious what his creative idea might just be. "No, I shall go. I have seen enough creative for now." His gaze shifting from Koyama and landing looking at Mia's belly. With that he tagged along side Mia.

Mia nodded, heading to a stillroom located nearby just outside the bridge. It was basically a cubby with a coffee maker and tea kettle inside, just for caretakers. Before making the tea she donned a white apron with ruffles on the edges.

Aoba looked over the report with confusion, "Apparently there's some Kuvexians around?" he pointed out to Koyama.

"So Mia...we never have really talked to get to know each other. Have any hobbies that you like." Thad reached up and rubbed the back of his head. A common reaction he had been doing as late given that this type of thing was fairly new to him. He was use to having a take it or leave it type girlfriend, so wasn't sure how to handle a possible wife girlfriend.

Koyama sighed, "Were your previous commands or when you were in my position so... colorful, Shosa?" she asked in a rare moment of affability toward the man. But straightened at his question laced with the remark. "If what I have been hearing is to be confirmed, Shosa."

Her tone turning grim, "If so, does this not present an opportunity?" querying him. "I will double check the logs from the away team to confirm." a moment's pause, and she nodded, "Ranger Hoshi reported two Kuvexians watching the unloading of supplies."

Looking up at the Shosa she raised a question, "Shall I risk contact with Hoshi-hei to confirm?"

"Perhaps they're spies," Aoba speculated. "Alright."

"Yes, sir, contacting now," Koyama responded curtly.

Koyama had gone quiet on the bridge, her chair still facing Aoba. The look on her face was an emotionless mask. The volumetric display in front of her ran through several processes as she tapped rapidly at it, weaving a finger along its surface. Enhancing, and clarifying the images in a methodical way dissimilar to standard SAoY practices. The jet-haired officer finally spoke up. Timestamped, Yayoi's name attached to the visuals, she flicked a finger toward her CO. At one of his arm-rests a small screen would come up.

On it were a detailed take of what she had received including enhancements. "Confirmed." Koyama then cocked her head, "Sir, the Ranger team are asking if we wish to bag them. One or both, or shall we leave them be?"

The Black Moon - Hidden Neko Den

Yayoi heard Sanda say she saw Kuvexians so she turned her Neko eyes to search them out. She thought there might be races that had a similar appearance to the Kuvexians but even so if there were Kuvexians she had multiple creative ideas of what she’d like to do.

While Sanda waited for orders of what they should do she took another sweep of the area and what would be the best approach for getting down to that level unseen should the need arise. She also wanted to get a better look at her target to make sure they really were Kuvexian before she acted.

Yayoi silently watched the activity below them before she spoke to Sanda "For confirmations sake, what position where they?' She'd asked her fellow Ranger.

Sanda nodded below where they stood on the support beams and to the right. "10 O'clock. About 40 yards. Right where the shadows deepen. One of them has a tablet out and it illuminated it's face. I used the zoom on my cyber eye to get as good a look as I could." She paused them grudgingly admited. "I could be wrong. The lights not the best and their faces are pretty well covered."

Yayoi silently turned her eyes to where Sanda was indicating and saw the Tablet.

Sanda would hear a few beeps, something Koyama had, tended to use when in the field with the Ranger rather than announce herself properly. It was coming in on their squad net which was a safe bet it was from her.

Sanda heard the beeps and smiled, knowing it was Koyama. "Thunder here Ma'am. Go." She responded quietly.

"I believe I heard mentions of certain... individuals?" Koyama's voice came through. "Of a certain ear-flipper variety. Confirm visual?" she asked, then added, "If not you, Asakura-hei, snapshot and transmit via the squad net." referring to the Nekovalkyrja's ability to store audio/visual mediums.

Sanda glanced at Yayoi and waved a hand as if to say, Go ahead and work your Neko magic. On the coms she said, "I can not confirm visual at this time. Stand by." Sanda looked at Yayoi again. Hoping her friend could get a confirmation.

Yayoi nodded her head, then focused on her ability and began storing visuals on what she was seeing to the squad net. She made sure to get a very good look on the 'Kuvexians' that Sanda had spotted. She knew that Sanda had good eyes and thus would be unlikely to see things.

There were definitely two Kuvexian or half-Kuvexian individuals quietly trying to spy on the unloading of cargo from behind cover of some crates. They were wearing some sort of cheap thermoptic camouflage smocks that were not quite 100% effective and had binoculars.

Yayoi smirked as she spotted them, and she knew immediately that they were there. "I see them, confirmed, my my, these poor Kuvies must be so poor that they had to buy a low level crap you know.. would be a shame if someone were to cause damage hmm?"

Sanda smiled a mischievous grin at Yayoi, then tapped her coms. "Ma'am, do you want two live prisoners? Or will one do?"

"Hold for orders," Koyama's voice having a decidedly flat quality that either hadn't heard before.

- - - -

OOC: JP by Wes, Demibear, Ajax, Charaa,Soresu, Cowboy, Miko

Near the Bridge

Thad tried to make small talk with Mia but this was going no where fast. She was either busy taking care of everyone or fawning over him like a high school prom date. This ying yang was making him go crazy. At one point while going past an airlock he considered just yeeting himself out the door. Granted he'd put on mindy armor first. Still the desire to yeet was really starting to get to him. He felt far more comfortable being on the battlefield than playing house with Mia. After awhile he decided to part ways with Mia. Though it was more of a go over there while I just stage left out of here.

A short moment later he found himself at the crew cabin of Zan. He had not seen him for awhile so figured he'd stop by and hang with his buddy. He went to knock but decided to just let himself in. It wasn't like he'd pull a Thad and be hanging with a girl or something.

Bunkroom Zan

As Thad walked in he seen Zan and Sakuko hanging together. "Oh my, I did not expect to find Zan had brought a girl back to his bunk. Should I excuse myself or are you two finishing up?" He had a big grin on his face. He was happy to see Zan enjoying the pleasures of life.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back