• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 3: Rescue At Anisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crew deck

Sanda crossed her tattooed arms in front of her and just starred at Thad a moment. She had finally resigned herself to the fact that Thad was just a walking bad pun and no amount of threats or dirty looks would change that. As long as he could restrain himself while in the field Sanda would just learn to put up with it. She finally smiled and said, "Thank you." As she looked down admiring her own body art. "I am pretty electrifying, though probably way to high voltage for you. Probably fry every electronic in your room."

It was a nice attempt to not be so uptight but Delmira's comment about going shirtless pushed Sanda over the edge. She wasn't going to loosen up that much. "I'm going to work out now." She announced and headed to the gym.

Crew deck

Yayoi also shook her head to the no for the beer. She’d learned that the effects it had on most and she’d never found a liking to the taste that was typically associated with beer. As a Neko, she won’t get drunk for long, so she didn’t think there was a point. Her attention was soon caught by Sanda, which caused her to smirk a little as the poor dear had apparently been driven crazy by the counter hold she’d performed.

“Nah, I don’t mind going for another bout,” she said, and she turned as she focused on the others before following Sanda to Gym while trying not to laugh. She thought Sanda’s comeback was a good one.

Crew deck

Thad was now curious how Sanda would fry all the electrical items in his room. Maybe one of her toys was industrial grade. He was still learning the details but maybe that was just how Nepleslian special forces rolled. Either way that would have a topic for another day. They had their own plans and Thad had his.

First order of business was to have another drink. Which he gladly finished his second before reaching over towards Mia to grab a third. "I dunno if I'd call it standard though the onsen is like walking down a nudist beach." He chuckled slightly before finishing his thought. "Which after getting dirty, feel like I need a bath. If you'd like, are welcome to join me. Can always use an extra hand to reach those hard to get places." He noticed Del's tail had a certain swag too it so figured he'd have some fun and tease her a little. Though his gaze did look at everyone nearby since he didn't mind who joined. They were comrades and nothing better than bonding in the buff.

Dojo

Sanda entered the Dojo and instantly felt better. You really couldn't get all the smell of dried blood and stale sweat out of a dojo, no matter how much bleach you used. The smell spoke to her and warned her body of the intense activity that was about to take place. She smiled as she moved to the far corner of the mat to a place farthest away from the doors. Though she was only dressed in a workout tank top and shorts, Sanda was still wearing her combat boots. In them were her holdout weapons, her Straight Silver and backup Type 33 Dark. These she set on a chair at the farthest point away from the doors. This would prevent anyone from touching her weapons without her knowing. It was also a good safety practice that when you spared with someone, you didn't have any real weapons. Sometimes in the heat of the moment it was such a remembered action to grab a holdout blade or weapon that you hurt your sparing partner.

She was whistling a half remembered tune and taping up her hands when Yayoi came in. Sanda grinned and watched with predatory eyes the other Ranger crossed the dojo mat to her. "Things are getting a little too out of control out there." She commented, nodding towards the door. "We're arriving at our first stop in under an hour and their out there drinking like leave just started." She finished taping her hands and started stretching. "I can't tell you what a god-send you've been."

Dojo
Yayoi stretched her arms as she entered the Dojo after Sanda had entered. The Heterochromia-eyed Neko listened as Sanda complained about their commutes and mentioned that she was a godsend, apparently. She simply smiled at the compliment as she stretched alongside Sanda while she spoke. “Sounds like you had it rough, though... I feel I should ask, if any of the crew were to say drink coffee or something, would they act differently?’ She asked her fellow Ranger. She wanted to see if this was typical or if because they were drinking, that was the cause. “My littlest sister, the one I mentioned being outranked me before? If she drank it, she gets really creative, and it has helped her improve her Mindy’s power consumption and everything, but if our other sister who served on the same ship as her, if she were to drink coffee she’d be acting totally differently. My little sister said that their ship's medic would have to shoot her with a tranquilizer to get her to calm down.”

She continued her stretching exercises as she finished off with, “just so you know, if that’s true here, I’ll do what I can to help.”

Crew Deck

"Frack yeah," Mia purred at Thad, "Sounds like a party." She bit her lip seductively. "I can't wait to help you release your tension," she told Thad, setting down the beers on a cabinet. "All those big, hard muscles...ah...what was I saying?" she said in confusion, after her mind wandered off a bit too much daydreaming, a blush in her cheeks.

Sakuko made a funny face watching all this and raised her eyebrows and then went back to her cabin to chance into her exercise uniform and join Sanda. Sakuko was actually a bit of a gym nut, spending a lot of time exercising and doing gymnastics routine. Between that and moving boxes on a daily basis, she was actually quite muscular even for a Yamataian.

- - -

Science Lab

Euikoshi showed up and found her boss had left the lab messier than ever. Maybe she could ask for a taped-off section for her own projects, she mused. But she wasn't in a position to say much because he was an officer. Oh well. She stretched out her arms and yawned, a little tired from staying up too late experimenting with Pidole, and starting thinking about what problems she could solve today.

Delmira will smile at Thad. “I would be up for some bath time fun.” She will turn to face Mia and smile her tail swaying a bit more energetically now. She will look the other woman over and give her a wink. “Maybe we can both help him release his tension and maybe I can help you release yours?”

Delmira will look at the beers as they are set down and will start to drink each one, even taking them with her when they start to walk to the onsen.

Reactions: Wes
Dojo

Sanda thought about it for a moment then shook her head. "No, I don't think it would make any difference. They would still be acting like that." Sanda got up from stretching and started throwing some jabs at the punching bag. Thump. Thump-thump. After a minuet she paused and glanced back at Yayoi. "I don't know. I may just be too uptight, though I don't think so. I'm very proud and honored to be in the Star Army. I'm especially proud to be a Ranger, the best of the best. I take that very seriously, on duty or off." She started jabbing again, harder this time. Thump. Thump-thump-thump. Thump. "Maybe I'm holding everyone else to the same standard I hold myself." She grunted out between jabs. "That's why I'm getting frustrated." Thump-thump.

Sanda felt warmed up now. She also felt better talking to Yayoi. It felt good being able to get things off her chest without having to worry about bad puns, double meanings or innuendos. Sanda smiled as she quickly tied her hair back into a pony tail and moved onto the mat. She had her arms up and was rocking on the balls of her feet, ready to strike as soon as Yayoi stood up.

Dojo

Yayoi listened and watched her jab the punching bag, and took notes of her observations. As she watched, she listened to her speech. Sanda already had seemed to be a soldier of good standards and she could see how frustrating it could be. She’d felt the same way during training and socialization. She followed her onto the mat. Her eyes took in her movement and made a note of her vulnerabilities. “It is always good to have a good standard that the leadership will appreciate.’She said as she moved her arms up.

“Before Socialization and the training, mom told me that as the firstborn and technically the oldest by a few hours, I was to look after my sisters a feat that proves stressful and frustrating, and potential for difficulty. I hated seeing my sisters upset, but I tried my best. I mean, I must have done a good job due to the ranks they have.” She said with a chuckle.

Dojo

It had been a fair while since Mochi and Koyama had finished their discussion in the Science Bay, which had been a meaningful conversation for sure. The Elysian had realised they'd both get on with each other swimmingly, which was definitely a relief. You wanted to be friends with your CO and XO, otherwise life was often quite complicated.

To unwind, the Taii had slipped into his exercise kit and gym shoes. The back of his shirt had a patch which was quite worn and old. Going to the gym regularly was something he had only really picked up during his leave on Elysia Novus. Now, it was a ritual to clear his head and blow off steam.

The messy-haired blonde padded down the corridor, cup of green tea in one hand and towel in the other. Turning to enter the room, Mochi was pleasantly surprised to see Sanda throwing some powerful punches with Yayoi looking on analytically. This time of day, there was usually little activity in the Dojo, which admittedly was one of the reasons he usually made his way over.

Rather than interrupt the ladies, who seemed to be in conversation, Mochi grinned and nodded if they looked his way. His hands were full, so waving was probably not advisable. The jade-eyed man set down his bits and pieces at a bench by the entrance, ensuring the emerald tea wasn't going to tip over and make a mess.

Satisfied, Seinosuke gravitated towards one of the punching bags a few down from where Sanda was laying into her target. The rather physically unassuming Elysian stretched off, overhearing a couple of words from Yayoi - ".. they have."

Casually, Mochi landed a couple of light blows on his target, using a somewhat strange style of CQC, but with familiar aspects here and there. Over a few seconds, they gradually became a little more directed, hitting specific spots, perhaps where organs might have been. Glancing over to Sanda, Seinosuke noticed the two of them might be getting ready for a sparring match. This would certainly be worth paying attention to, especially given his recent chat with the command staff.

Dojo

Sanda had noticed Mochi entrance into the dojo, but as he didn't try to interrupt her workout she didn't do more than glance his way. From her few brief interactions with the head science officer she had got the impression that the man was an external processor. He liked to talk, a lot. Although what he had to say seemed to make a lot more sense than some other people.

Sanda snorted out her nose at with Yayoi's statement about leadership appreciating high standards. But she smiled in turn when Yayoi mentioned her desire to help her younger sisters. "My older sister did a lot for me too. Practically raised me, despite how hard I tried to resist it. She's my best friend." Sanda suddenly took a swing at Yayoi signaling that she had had enough talk for now and it was time for action. The Heterochromia-eyed Neko promptly blocked Sanda's attack along with the next two before launching her own counter attack.

The two were pretty evenly matched. In terms of size Sanda only had about 2 inches on Yayoi, where against most other neko's the Nepleslian born had at least 6 or more inches on. Their weights were almost the same as well. They were also both Rangers and had received very similar training. But their styles were very different. Sanda, like her name and tattoo's suggested, liked fast strikes that were varying and unpredictable. She also wasn't afraid to take a blow or two if it allowed her get inside her opposites defense. She seemed to absorb punishment then return it with interest.

Back and forward they went across the dojo mat. There would be a brief intense moment of very rapid attacks, parries, counters, blocks and counter blocks before one of the other managed to work the opening they had been waiting for and land that hard blow that would make them separate for a moment then go again. They had been going at it almost non stop for about 10 mins when Yayoi moved countered Sanda's attack and the next thing the tattooed Ranger knew she was on the mat with one armed pinned and no way to escape. After a moment of struggle to no effect Sanda lays still then tapped the mat. "That!" She asked between breaths. "How did you do that?"

Bridge

"Arriving in the Anisa system. Confirming defold coordinates...jump successful," Gabriela said. "Course calculated for the White Harbor/Shiroi Minato station. Engaging engines." She switched to the external channel. "White Harbor, this is Star Army gunship YSS Resurgence, NG-S1-575, we are approaching you and we request permission to dock, over."

"Roger, Resurgence, this is White Harbor traffic control, we copy you are approaching and request docking. Transmitting approach vectors..."

Captain Aoba looked over the scanners of all the activity in the system out of habit, looking at what all the other ships in the area were doing and where they were going, rotating a volumetric spherical map next to his captain's chair. This was just a stop to do a checkup on the station, not really anything too exciting, and he was eager to get out there seeing the unknown, but it was also pretty relaxing to do a tour of Yamatai's core. Not to mention a good opportunity to do more training before getting into low-security space.

Dojo

Sakuko watched Yayoi and Sanda with interest while doing sit-ups and crunches near the wall. She then starting doing some impressive jumps, flipping and spinning around upside down, and practicing her gymnastic moves. She looked like a statue because her core was hard as a rock and she probably hit like one too, and if she got her legs around someone's neck it would be over and she could punch like a battering because she was always moving boxes of Star Army supplies like a humanoid forklift. But Sakuko wasn't a fighter by trade and wasn't a master martial artist. She also didn't want to take one of them on when they were already, tired. That said, she was ready if someone wanted to try her.

Dojo

She noted when Mochi had arrived, but she chose not to say anything in regards as she focused on Sanda as she spoke of an older sister. She did have a younger sister that she felt might have been considered a best friend. She wanted to ask about Sanda’s parents and what had happened, but if she learned one thing in socialization, it was that some topics shouldn’t be asked about. With that in mind, she was silent as she countered Sanda’s movements.

Yayoi observed Sanda’s movements and used her knowledge until she was ready to take Sanda down. She had a good hold over her, and Sanda couldn’t escape, so at the tap on the mat she released her and moved to sit beside her. She chuckled at Sanda’s words before she got to her feet. “Ok, just watch.” She said, and she began demonstrating on a volumetric figure just what she did and how she did it. She further showed Sanda where she was vulnerable, so that she was aware.

Thaddeaus wasted no time making his way towards the onsen. His clothes flying off as he made his way into the hot spring. Though he did have enough sense to be at least slightly modest by wearing a towel over his mid section. Granted it did little to hide his nepleslian pride.

"Ahhh, this never gets old." He said as he dipped down into the water.

Mia followed along, stopping in the showers next to the Onsen to get a quick scrub and wash before joining Thad. She sat on a wooden bucket lathering her big mane of periwinkle hair.

Delmira was with them she was less modest removing her clothing before going into the showers to wash before joining her companions in her bath.

Thad took his large hand and wiped it across his lips. While this was nothing new, the sight at least never got old. Though he was curious how his comrades could pack all the firepower in such a tiny body. Compared to Thad and his ID-SOL roots, he was a big hulk compared to them. "Hey Mia, if you need a hand just let me know. I use to brush out hair all the time back on my home world." He said with a smile.

Mia opened one eye and looked around just to make sure Thad wasn't in the shower room standing there and then continued, rinsing her hair with a flexible shower head. One she was down she wrapped an towel around her head and went into the onsen.

Thad outstretched his arms and allowed the onsen hot water to cover his body. He then allowed his body to float up and down in the water.

Delmira slipped into the onsen and moved over to sit by Thad.'

Mia sat on his other side, at an arm's length.

"What do you think Delmira and Mia, does this not make it worth all the fighting we have to do?" He let out a big sigh as he relaxed.

Del smiled at Thad. "I will say so what about you guys?"

"Our ship is pretty luxurious," Mia smiled. "Because it was built to operate alone for long periods, it is supposed to be extra comfortable. it is definitely a bit more spacious than the Kanagawa."

"Unlike this ship, you won't ever have to be alone. At least not as long as I am around." He took his hand and tightened it into a fist. He thumped his chest a few times. "You will always find good company."

"Oh Thad," Mia cooed. "I want your company in my rack after this," she told him. "I need you to take me in your big strong arms and hold me," Mia said. "Would you?" she asked him.

Del slid over and leaned into Thad her tail curling about his arm. "Oh Thad will you keep us company tonight?" She said with a purr.

"I got no plans after this so will gladly hang out with you all night." Thad then reached out and put his arms around both the ladies. "I knew there was something special about you two. Just some good people I do say." He gave them a squeeze. Granted Thad may have took the suggestive tone to only mean cuddles and holding hands.

OOC: JP by @Wes @Charaa @Cowboy @Ethereal @Miko @Soresu

"Cheeky Neko." Sanda said, not unkindly. The tattooed Nep was pretty prideful about her skills, but not too prideful not to take good advice. And it was pretty obvious once she had seen it in slow motion from another view.

Yayoi only replied with a subtle out stuck tongue as Sanda spoke. She hoped that by seeing what she did that Sanda could learn and be even better. Yayoi didn’t comment or insult her as Sanda watched and learned.

Mochi leaned in towards Sakuko, seeming to be fixated with interest on the brawl between the two Rangers. His jade eyes were marveling at their training, but Seinosuke was making sure to do it fairly covertly as to not come off in the wrong light. "They're quite something, aren't they?" The officer commented with a curious tone, as if thinking over something.

"Oh yes," Sakuko nodded.

"I've got an idea.. Watch this-" The Elysian rubbed his chin in thought, before calling out to the pair of combatants. "You know, in SOFT training we used to do sensory deprivation fighting. Blindfolds, mostly. I reckon it'd be interesting to see who's the better when everything is dark." After waiting for any responses from the girls, Mochi whispered to Sakuko - "I'm scouting talent for the Captain.. If you want to get into the ring too while they can't see, that would mix things up."

Sakuko raised her eyebrows and her face clearly said "are you sure about this?" with its expression alone. "That sounds like someone could get hurt," she pointed out quietly.

Sanda turned to regard the winged science officer coldly for a moment, as if she was annoyed that someone was butting in on her sparing time. But her expression turned thoughtful as she listened to his suggestion. "I've done some thing like that. Back in Ranger school. Been awhile though." She shrugged. "I'm game."

The science officer glanced back to Sakuko with a mischievous glint in his eye, "I fancy your chances. They may be Rangers, but you'll be able to see. You can't tell me you're not curious." He whispered back, trying his best not to give their conversation away. "The worst that can happen is a bloodied nose.."

Yayoi turned to listen to the conversation and her Neko hearing picked up on the whispers causing her to frown. “Sakuko is wise by the way, ” she told him out loud as she turned and focused on the other two.

Mochi grinned slyly and shrugged, "Hey, you can't blame me for trying. It would have been quite interesting to see." The Elysian's multicolored wings ruffled gently behind him as he went on, "I guess you overheard the reason I'm asking too-?"

"Heard you? No. Read your lips? Yes." Sanda smiled mischievously and began to talk with exaggerated mouth movements and in sign language "Part of Ranger training. Being able to communicate S..I..L..E..N..T...L..Y."

Seinosuke couldn't help but chuckle at that - she'd got him. He hadn't been trying as hard as he could to obscure his intentions - this was, after all, a friendly bit of fun. The officer returned Sanda's smile and with one hand, deftly signed back. "Well, are you going to cover your eyes or not?"

Sanda looked around the dojo, as if the answer was somewhere written on the wall. She hadn't fought blindfolded in years. It had not been her favorite exercise in Ranger school. Too many raps with that damn sparing stick. She had even had her nose broken. But how could she back down from a challenge? "Like I said, I'm game."

She moved over to a rack of sparing weapons and picked a few of them up, testing the weight and balance of a spear and staff. Finally she put both down and picked up a dummy dagger that was very similar in size to her own precious Straight Silver. The blade was almost a foot long and double sided. She tucked it into her shorts as she took a bandana went to tie it over her eyes. She suddenly stopped and asked, "Wait a min! Who is suppose to be fighting who here?"

Yayoi smirked as she observed the two, and thought of what he had proposed. She recalled the response from the Minkan members and the other species. They didn’t have her ears thus she had a cheating tool.

OOC: JP by @Wes @Charaa @Cowboy @Ethereal @Miko @Soresu

*SNAP*, *POP*, *SIZZLE*

It was the normal cadence of fire, pulling the trigger halfway, firing off in semi automatic rounds before finishing with a flourish of burst. The smell of heated metal was almost therapeutic if it was not for the group of soldiers in booth twenty five taking turns with a heavy rifle. This routine was simple for Zanven, mundane even but...it was more of a cathartic way to take out his stress than it was to keep up with his peers with their need to fire off large caliber weapons and their attitudes. He removed his BR-28 battery mag, going to the charging station and placing it before going back to his Type-33; he performed his usual maintenance as he checked the buttons and the casing to ensure everything was nice and tight. After cleaning the pistol he heard one of the men from down the way come up to the charging station. “Hey, are you done yet...every day you come here, fire off for a few and then take off? The real soldiers have to keep our eyes sharp and you are just here taking up resources.”
The crude young man, probably just a few years younger than he was...talking to him as if he was garbage. The machine gave off that familiar, almost cheerful sound as the battery had finished charging.

*DING!*

Zanven sighed and stepped forward and retrieved his BR-28, but as he was pulling it away, the young soldier decided to slap the magazine from his hand...it clattered onto the floor about a meter away from the pair. The other two soldiers meanwhile were continuing their assault on whatever poor holographic target that was set out for them.
“I was talking to you medic! What the hell do you do besides sit in an office all day? Save the energy and just keep delivering babies and fixing the elderly and we won’t have any issues. Now, pick up your battery and don’t let me catch you in here again.”
He said this with a snide little smile that made Zanven looked into the eyes of the infantryman as his communicator rang. He checked the message before smiling to himself before bending down to grab his battery. His work had been seen and recognized by headquarters. He had been given a promotion in rank and a new assignment.

He had to report to the Uesureyan Fields starport for assignment of a starfighter. Then he was to meet with the YSS Resurgence at White Port.

The newly promoted Itto Hei Zanven walked from the target range and set out to pack his bags and to turn in his medical uniform.

Uesureyan Fields
23 hours later

Zanven disembarked the shuttle as it came to a complete stop. He had his standard issue army duffle with his equipment and clothes packed neatly away. He was wearing his uniform and walked with presence and duty. The Minkan male walked to the Harbor master’s office, quickly greeted by a hologram asking for identification, Zanven gave his credentials and enlistment number to the hologram. Shortly thereafter another human walked from the back room and up to Zanven without as much as a second glance.
“Follow me starboy…”
She said in a velvet soft tone that honestly would make even the strongest of men weak in the knees. He was escorted to the hangar where hundreds of bays were moving, incoming and outgoing traffic…it was a spectacular show that one simply could not enjoy.
“Here we are, one Nodachi class fighter IRN: NG-S1-757-7. Itto Hei, Zanven Brax…good luck out there and be sure to come back safe and buy me a drink.”
She said before sending him all of his verification as well as handing him a packet with everything that would be needed for his new assignment…retro…he liked it. He watched the attendant walk past him and he called out to her.
“Can this Starboy at least get the name of the woman that just made his dreams come true?”
He asked, a smooth talker with a silver tongue and looks to match. “Eva Starlight”
She said before giving him a wink and then walking away resolutely leaving Zanven there in front of his starfighter.
“Well, no need to waste any more time.”
He said before loading onto his fighter, gearing up for travel, and checking the console, enabling basic protocols for atmospheric cabin generation and inputting his destination into the navigational system. Everything looked good…just one final touch. A photo of his mother and father that he taped to the dashboard over the insignia of the manufacturer.

He was now truly a pilot.

The journey was not a long one, and just as it was before…the void of space was incomparable to any sight ever dreamed of. The FTL drive was cooling off after exiting its jump and he was looking at the picturesque planet of Anisa and his breath was taken away by the color as he drifted for a moment. He was brought back to reality as a communication request came through, the computer designated it as White Harbor and Zanven smiled before opening the channel. “Attention Nodachi Class Vessel, welcome to White Harbor, please identify yourself and give your IRN.”
The scripted voice seemed automated and without emotion as Zanven brought up his military credentials.
“Copy White Harbor, Itto Hei Zanven Brax, IRN: NG-S1-757-7. Reporting for active duty aboard the YSS Resurgence, and awaiting hangar access.”
He said it as if it were second nature to him. He was ready to get to work. After three minutes he received the all clear and flew to the YSS Resurgence to land and report for duty. Once he was docked and the calipers were secured to his landing gear. He waited for the cabin to normalize before turning the ship off and heading out. He stood beside his ship and awaited further orders.

(Had to post from phone…will edit when I make it to my shop and have a computer with power)

Mojo Jojo's Dojo

Koyama's small form soon haunted the exterior of the Resurgence's built-in dojo. As the door slid open and gave her a view of the scene inside, she sighed inwardly. So much for testing the new setup she had wanted to try out. Palming the little quantum modem, the XO stepped over the threshold, dressed as she was in an exercise uniform. It bore the Hinomaru patch, the volleyball-style shorts hugging her frame as she offered a small smile, a lazy wave with her free hand. The other holding a rolled black mat. While they went about their sport, conversing, and from the looks of things blindfold fighting which she couldn't help but shake her head at, Koyama set herself up away from where the action was likely to take place.

Shoes removed, she unfurled the mat, rolled her shoulders. From the looks of things, it was simple stretches at first. One leg extended to the side, the other bent as she leaned towards it while leaning herself toward the other leg an arm over her head. The woman wasn't turned away but seemed to watch as she continued with her stretches which were nothing more than yoga truth be told. Appearing pleased, Koyama was content to just watch, stretch, change poses, stretch more. Each appeared a bit more elaborate than the last and then back to simplistic forms.

There was a barely audible pop from vertebrae in her back as she lowered herself near the floor and mat. Stretching herself out as far as she could, then to the thumbs of her hands holding her up and transitioned to another pose. All the while observing.

Dojo

Mochi tilted his head to one side when Sanda asked who she would be fighting. "You two are already in the ring, unless you want someone else to get in there?" The Elysian offered, but in all honesty none of the matchups would be particularly fair. That was sort of the point though - there were tricks and ways to distract a blinded opponent. Mochi glanced backwards to Sakuko and noticed Koyama was entering. Politely, he waved back and then returned his attention to the two Rangers.

The blonde thought back to his conversation with Koyama and added, "It's good to brush up on worst-case scenarios. If we were out somewhere at night or indoors not expecting an attack, for example. Same applies when the power armor's optics are damaged. We have volumetrics in our uniforms now, but we may be in kit like this." Mochi patted his gym top, "And I know the damage control stations on this ship don't come with any real light sources, so the chances of finding any when away is low."

"If we had a cascade system failure, we'd all be plunged into pitch black and chaos until it was fixed, too. My first Fuji class was so badly damaged we needed a recovery team and had to scrap her." He remembered how they'd had to practically destroy the Kaiyo I just to get back to this reality. Mochi's wings lowered from their usual position, closer to his waist than his shoulders, their feathers crossing about halfway down each appendage. "When those things happen people will look to you both, Sanda-hei, Yayoi-hei. I've no doubt you'll be brilliant." Seinosuke was both complimenting and encouraging the two of them to go ahead, it sounded like he was already confident in their abilities.

Last edited:
Dojo

Sanda raised an eyebrow at Mochi's worst-case scenario. "Even with the reactor's down, the ships emergency power would at least illuminate most areas." She countered, "Plus, over 25% of the crew on this ship are Nekos who have built in night-vision and infrared built in." She tapped the side of her head by her tattoo and her left eye began to glow. "I've got the same." She tapped it again and the eye returned to it's normal color. Still, he had a point, only the two Rangers were probably already the best equipped to deal with such scenario. It was the rest of the crew who should be in here doing some training instead of lounging around the bath all day.

Sanda also wasn't too eager to get beat up twice in one day by Yayoi. She knew that Neko's ears were for more than just looks. Those oversized things could hear. She also didn't relish the idea of two blindfolded people sparing. That was the kind of thing you did to people when you wanted to pull a practical joke on them. She smirked at his complement of them, though she was pleased by his assessment. "Flattery will get you no where with me. Just ask Thad."

"No sense in both of us looking like idiots Yayoi. I'll go blindfolded. You and birdman and even mega abs can wail on me for a bit." She tied the bandana around her eyes then pulled back out the practice knife. She took a fighting stance, her arm up with the blade pointed down, head cocked to one side as she listened to the sounds around the room.

Dojo

Mochi's expression fell as Sanda chatted back after he'd offered a compliment. That wasn't very sporting of her. "Expecting people to have something like night vision is a quick way to get a squad you might command done day killed, Nitô Hei." The dad scolded her, seeming disappointed rather than angry. "I doubt those who could see would be able to lead three others while all of them are in a survivial situation, would they?"

"I've been on these ships since YE 39 and my old CE is a good friend, we worked closely together. The ship is robust, but if we assume everything will be alright - well - that's hardly preparing for the worst-case now, is it? I don't need you telling me what the specs are." The Elysian finished, seeming a little ticked off. "I'm a Taii - next time you call me birdman, we'll get you assigned to a double-shift of lavatory duty alone with Thaddeus. Understood?"

This was the first time Mochi had dressed anyone down in a long time, but Sanda having chatted back like that towards him while the XO was in the room was disrespectful and needed addressing. It was in Mochi's nature to be friendly and unassuming, so this was certainly not fun to do. Still, there was a level of respect that had to be shown, at the very least in front of other officers. Otherwise they ended up with how Matsuvo had acted in the Battle of Komorebi - a Hei that had decided to ignore a CO's orders in combat because he thought he knew better and Mochi had to deal with as a Juni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back