• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Resurgence of Yamatai (YSS Resurgence)

Departments:
  1. Personnel & Admin (clerks)
  2. (Intelligence)
  3. Operations
    1. Starship Operations
    2. Mission Operations (typical away team is here)
      1. Combat Arms
    3. Flight Deck Operations
  4. Supply (Logistics)
  5. Engineering
  6. (Communications and IT)
  7. Science
  8. Medical
  9. Crew Support (caretakers and cooks)
This is amazing!

MISSION Finale JP will be on the 20th! Let's try to get some SPs in this week! Bonus points if you can get to some of the shaped rooms, we need to get all three to finish the mission.

After the mission ends we'll have the Year-End Holiday Party JP on the 30th.

Event details are on Discord.

Quick question Wes. How many robots are attacking us right now? And how much leadway are you giving us to get to those other rooms?

MISSION 6 is complete! WE MADE IT!!!

THANK YOU to all of you guys for letting me be your GM. It was a fun time and I hope you guys had a great time too! Thanks for putting up with me and sorry it was a bit rushed at the end! I also want to thank everyone for coming out tonight and all these nights over the last few months, for everyone who actually SPs, the group overall for being solid players, you guys are the best.

Some timeline notes:

YE 44.2 Pisces and the first Machine planet (the one with the virus dudes on the Nep science ship)
YE 44.3 Returned to Pisces
YE 44.5 We visited Sood Zadra
YE 44.6 Mission 6 - Machine planet, Pit of Insanity maze (we just finished this tonight)
YE 44.7 After Resurgence went home we helped with the ARRIVAL OF THE NORIANS (Operation Fireplace)
YE 44.8 We participated in the Candy Festival of YE 44 on Yamatai
YE 44.9 (Now) We get to celebrate the end of the year - PARTY JP IS ON THE 30TH - usual time and place

YE 45.1 Next year mission 7 starts, more places and faces to see in the SARPiverse!

Survey time - You can reply here or PM (conversation) me if you prefer to answer privately.

1. Are you enjoying the Resurgence RP? What do you love about it?
2. What are some things you'd like to see in this plot in the future?
3. Got any suggestions for me as a GM?

1. I'm enjoying it. I love the Res vibes. Any evidence to the contrary is just that I have trouble with big groups, and the JP is a big group.
  2. I love seeing and learning about historical places around the Kikyo sector.
  3. More SP would be great, but I know you have a busy schedule.

YE 44.7 After Resurgence went home we helped with the ARRIVAL OF THE NORIANS (Operation Fireplace)
Tachiko leaves for 5XF after this. Still haven't concocted a replacement.

Gonna second everything @hyralt said. More SP, and def more of a chance to engage with the setting.
Also I'd like to add, let's utilize our NCOs more. Give them a set group of enlisted to watch over, train, and command. If they aren't able to make a session, their No 2 (the highest enlisted or NCO under them) steps up.
Makes it easier to follow the action. More RP opportunities, streamlines commands, etc etc. Especially when there's a big mission with all hands.

I'm enjoy the plot so far. I do like having a lot of action and would love to see more of it, if possible! I can echo a few other writers about SP as well, but it's not a big sticking point for me, personally.

Otherwise, I was wondering about promotions. Are those coming separately for Operation Fireplace and and Mission 6 or is it just going to be one promotion for both missions?

Yesterday I posted promotions and medals in orders for all Resurgence characters in your orders threads. I think I got all your bios updated but you may want to refresh them yourselves (especially the history section). If you look at the history section on Pidole's bio, which I just updated, you can see the timeline of what the ship was up to very clearly and it has links to all the threads, so it's a good reference to look at when updating your bios.

Here's an intro opportunity for the Yule/Year-End Festival Open RP:

Any Resurgence crew is welcome to use the party bus as your way of arrival if you haven't posted year and would like.

Also here's some cute art I generated trying to make some of my NPCs...see if you recognize them:
20201219098454-4111194033-Closeup portrait masterpiece, photorealistic digital painting of (ja...png

20201219098432-3086064682-Closeup portrait masterpiece, photorealistic digital painting of (fr...png

20201219098452-1920891315-Closeup portrait masterpiece, photorealistic digital painting of (Ru...png

20201219098427-606953016-Closeup portrait masterpiece, photorealistic digital painting of (Rus...png

RPG-D RPGfix
Back