• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC Resurgence of Yamatai (YSS Resurgence)

Just wanted to make people aware of a couple of relevant things regarding Okimi:

To make introducing her simpler, I worked it out with Wes that Okimi came aboard at Nataria, at about the same time as Yoshiro. She's just been lurking in the background/been learning the quirks of the Resurgence from Julia Meadows/adjusting sleep schedule to ship time since then, so hasn't been active. Your characters may have seen her aboard, but we'll just pretend there was no time to meet and greet, okay? Cool! :)

Okimi is currently the sole resident of cabin 7 on deck 4 if anyone needs/wants to visit.

If you have any ideas for JP's, or need any input for SP's that reference Okimi - its perfectly fine to just wave as she grabs your laundry basket or drops off clean clothes/bedding etc, please feel free to reach out here or on discord.

Finally, Okimi will be organising morale-boosting events such as karaoke, movie nights, watching sports events (think like the superbowl) or music gigs/festivals, martial arts/marksmanship tournaments, hobby sharing etc. etc. If you have any ideas, let me know! If there's anything you would like to write or really not like to write, do let me know. I figure we can do JP's of stuff people are interested in and stuff that nobody wants to write can always be included as a past event for people to reference.

1. Very much. I have hated that I've been so busy lately to not do more. I love the consistency of it. It keeps moving and doesn't stagnate.

2. I would like to see that joint plot between the Res and the Wakaba but that will probably be a little bit later as we need to finish the story the Wakaba is in first.

3. You do a great job! Keep doing what you are doing.

4. When other people SP it makes more desirable. Its hard right now because I feel like we've lost a lot of characters lately. People have gone AWOL and it kills momentum.

1. Are you enjoying the Resurgence RP? What do you love about it?
yes, I love the premise behind it and how we’d be able to see places

2. What are some things you'd like to see in this plot in the future? I am especially interested in plot ideas or places to visit.
I’ve already said I’d love for you to visit Draco Eridanus, mostly if anything to add to its history but I understand you only want to stay closer to Yamatai

3. Got any suggestions for me as a GM?
noo

4. What can we do to get more SPs rather than us always waiting til the next Tuesday? Should we start tracking points like Andrew's plot?
no idea

The cast of characters. By the people in the plot themselves and the NPCs and the occasional guest star player. Makes for a highly varied and entertaining bit of fun.

2. What are some things you'd like to see in this plot in the future? I am especially interested in plot ideas or places to visit.
I'd have to get back to you on this one.

You keep doing what you're doing, Wes and never change man.

4. What can we do to get more SPs rather than us always waiting til the next Tuesday? Should we start tracking points like Andrew's plot?
Can't really say tbh.

1.Are you enjoying the Resurgence rp. What do you love about it?
The fact the people made me feel welcome. I have found that it is hard for me to rp if I feel uncomfortable in any way.

2.What are some things you would like to see in this plot in the future?
Nothing as of yet. You are doing a good job so far. 😀

Look at question number 2. :)😀

4.What can we do to get more SPs rather than us always waiting til the next Tuesday? Should we start tracking points like Andrew's plot?
Look at question number 2 😀

Response to Wes' Survey:

I'm about as new to the RP as you can get, but have been watching it for almost a month now. I really like the episodic feel and the energy everyone brings to the table for the JP's. It is an excellent introduction to the Star Army community and style of doing things.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Yamatai. I don't really know enough about the setting to know where the ship might visit, but I do like the idea of being able to flesh out entries in the wiki with things we have learned/developed as we roleplay at different locations. I am also really looking foreword to seeing how Okimi develops over time and what sort of connections she makes with the crew!

As for plot ideas, just the usual standard sci-fi fare really:

• Rescuing a crew - lost on a remote planet having abandoned ship during a battle or maybe an emergency pod containing the crew's backup's stored on a data storage device;
  • Responding to a planetary emergency - medical, economic, humanitarian, geographical, etc;
  • VIP aboard - either transporting somewhere or secret talks aboard etc;
  • Abandoned station - in an asteroid, floating in space, etc. Old Uesuryan facilities or older, left abandoned but maybe used by smugglers, pirates etc?;
  • First contact - previously unknown human/other colony is detected as Resurgence travels nearby;
I am sure I'll think of more as time goes on, but that's all that immediately came to mind!

From everything I have seen, heard and experienced? Just keep on doing what you're doing!

4. What can we do to get more SPs rather than us always waiting 'til the next Tuesday? Should we start tracking points like Andrew's plot?

Um, you could bring an energetic and friendly caretaker aboard the ship - they'd be doing lots of things to try and keep everyone involved and happy! Wait, you just did? Oh my! :p

Other than that, I think that as we see an increase in SP's, more people will feel encouraged to join in and post themselves. Honestly, from my experience, its usually just not being able to think of something to post about that stops people from posting. I'm hoping to do lots of smaller scenes with different players and characters going forward, even if just with NPC's!

1. Resurgence is my "something different." I've been doing 5XF since 2005.
  2. Well, the bulk of the MCS garrison is out of the sector, and its almost as many worlds as the core but spread out over an even larger area.
  3. More plot could get done in a session with more bounds on scenes like the wardroom socials, don't be afraid to hit the scene transition button.
  4. To me this is the "JP plot." Every other one is primarily SP.

1. Resurgence is my "something different." I've been doing 5XF since 2005.
  2. Well, the bulk of the MCS garrison is out of the sector, and its almost as many worlds as the core but spread out over an even larger area.
  3. More plot could get done in a session with more bounds on scenes like the wardroom socials, don't be afraid to hit the scene transition button.
  4. To me this is the "JP plot." Every other one is primarily SP.
I am glad you're here and having fun. Love role-playing with you and everyone else.

I got the new mission thread started today! We'll start with everyone reuniting again after a couple months of downtime at home while the ship was repaired.

This is a good opportunity to stay where your character lives when they're not deployed on the Resurgence. Maybe they live in the chaotic barracks on base or they have a cramped micro-apartment in Kyoto or a neglected house somewhere, stay in a shady extended stay hotel, or something else. Maybe one of their shipmates is a roommate.

I mentioned that Yayoi and Yuri live in a residential area close to Yayoi's bar.. might be even above it.

Er, gonna have to think. Okimi at this point was born, did basic and occupational training before reporting aboard the resurgence about 10 days earlier. Its the only home she's ever known. I don't think she can understand the concept of 'leave' yet either...

Alright! Thanks for everyone coming to the JP night! Now is a great time for breakfast chatter between crew members, workout routines, and decorating the ol' crew cabins that were wiped clean after the recent rebuild.

I was told to "GET REKT" by one in the current RP.
Also, one of them was being mean and tried to shove my face into an aether blade, too. Can't understand why their mothers didn't teach them manners, because you always introduce yourself before you try and shove an aether blade through a human's skull.😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣

Hey guys, in the future please don't unilaterally create a 5-day timeskip in the middle of a plot without asking the GM first. I really got tripped up by that and have been being trying to figure out the best way to deal with it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back