• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Reviewer Assigned Damage Capacity

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Another simple, creator choice option in the submissions area.

For those having problems assigning DRv3 to their product, they can have the option to leave it blank and have the reviewer assign the tier value to the product.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I like this because it simplifies the process for newer creators. When it comes to things like starships and mecha and fighters, should we also allow creators to ask reviewers to help them assign weapons and the like and make the Weapon Limitation calculator available to everyone?

I'd like to see that made in a separate suggestion!

I actually think it should only be reviewers assigning DRs because right now you have people literally designing weapons around a DR.

I like the idea of reviewer assigned DR being the norm. However, it's one of those things where bias can be accused if the person doesn't like the one that is assigned.

I thought we were kind of going to no longer really require DR anymore unless people want to put it in their stuff cause it was considered pretty pointless now for text based RP when the RP is what matters and not the numbers?

I do agree that people should be allowed to assign their own, especially when it comes to things that don't fit the exact size requirements but are more "common sense" things, such as how the Furuko or Spartan are T8.

It would also make it very difficult for people to correctly assign weapon allowances, and I agree with Soban that it's susceptible to bias on the part of reviewers.

I thought we were kind of going to no longer really require DR anymore unless people want to put it in their stuff cause it was considered pretty pointless now for text based RP when the RP is what matters and not the numbers?
The suggestion was closed due to lack of support.

I actually think it should only be reviewers assigning DRs because right now you have people literally designing weapons around a DR.

I actually don't think reviewer bias is really an issue, because like any other item during a review the creator always has a chance to submit their case for an appeal or bring Wes into it. Allowing the reviewer to place the DR on things, for the most part, is straight forwards.

I think it's too restrictive to require that ONLY reviewers assign DR, and it would require reviewers to assign weapons to ships and vehicles. I think that reviewer assigned DR should be an option but ONLY an option.

If reviewer-exclusive DR is what's being considered, I'll have to change my vote.

I think it's too restrictive to require that ONLY reviewers assign DR, and it would require reviewers to assign weapons to ships and vehicles. I think that reviewer assigned DR should be an option but ONLY an option.

If reviewer-exclusive DR is what's being considered, I'll have to change my vote.

In truth, doesn't the reviewer already assign the DR? (via their decision of approved/not approved)
  • A reviewer won't approve a submission without the appropriate DR on it, regardless of who puts it on. So does it really matter who puts it there?

DR is up to the reviewer at the end of the day. Making it so only reviewers can assign DR changes nothing because submissions simply don't get approved when the DR is outlandish (with some notable exceptions like a recent power armor). Having the option to have no DR at all is probably okay. It seems like you can already not have a DR and then discuss it in your submission as it stands now.

So, what is this suggestion actually for now? Is it for reviewer-exclusive DR, or is it for the option to, at the submitter's discretion, leave DR up to the reviewer?

@Alex the suggestion is "For those having problems assigning DRv3 to their product, they can have the option to leave it blank and have the reviewer assign the tier value to the product."

So the current thread is that it's optional. If we wanted to do mandatory I think we should start a new thread.

I like it being optional. The problem with it being mandatory is that the current Weapon Limitations requirements mean those of us who make ships and weapons for those ships need an exact understanding of the DRs our weapons are. If the weapon is suddenly ranked up or down by a reviewer, it can throw off the possible weapons loadout of the whole ship. Like a puzzle piece that suddenly doesn't fit.

That's why it matters who puts the DR on the weapon in cases where the weapon is part of a larger project.

It looks like this idea has popular support! Please implement it!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back