• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rikugun Culture

demibear

Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
Character Forum Mod
🎨 Media Gallery
I am currently working on consolidating and expanding lore for the Star Army Rikugun. I am drawing on my experience in the US Army to come up with it all, but I am just one person. For all the SARP and military vets (some are even both) out there, what do you think life for the average Rikugun soldier is like? What kind of cultural attributes do you think you would encounter?

For example, in the US Army a lot of loyalty and pride is held at the unit/regimental lineage level aka "If you ain't X, you are nothing.".

Maybe because I love soil myself, I always imagined very earth-based behaviors. Having a little dirt on the face, feeling at home in the muck and the mire, finding a month of clearing scrublands of enemy hides more enjoyable than a day on a starship type stuff. Idk if that's what you were expecting but it's always the stuff I wanted to write when I thought of writing rikugun.

That works, behaviors and perceptions do shape cultural norms.

Yeah but having it be the only answer isn't helpful to you, anyone else?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back