• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Interest Check Roanoke round 2

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
The last attempt at running the Lost Colony plot was abortive at best. Frankly, with the timing of me leaving for Basic and the Asterian Split, it wasn't exactly going to work.

But at the same time, I've noticed that nothing is being done with a potentially rich and interesting archeological find, with unique and interesting technologies, stunning world vistas, and terrifying dangers lurking deep beneath the dust of time and death.

There's room and infrasturcture re eady for a fresh batch of colonists and scientists. And Ironhart Research Associates would like to seek approval from the Star Army of Yamatai to establish a research station and permanent colony on this black rock. Perhaps to even use the world for their primary base of operations.

@Ametheliana , your ship and characters were the fleet involved in Yamatai's takeover of the ongoing research project there. @Wes, your faction is currently in control of that system, and I am unaware of any goings on with the research, development, or growth of HX-14-1 as a habitable world, black rock or not.

Ironhart Research is to be legitimized as a corporation, and this would be a good hiring window and initial project. I would appreciate the opportunity to develop this plot and any involved player characters. I would also like to begin developing abandoned worlds with rich ecosystems and archaeology, as epic setting pieces to be used at other GMs' discretion.

The Roanoke system, I hope, is to be my first, and my attempt to correct my failing in the first place. If appropriate, I would love for Thorn to recieve a message from the Yamatai Star Empire seeking her expertise on this particular world for development as a colony world to take on refugees from the Kuvexian Invasion.

Well search initiative would be interest in the archeological part ;) we are doing now a dig at nep homeworld, but I can always plan ahead to send the company to your direction (from a GM perspective)

I would need to know what Wes wants before I could know how I could be involved. Currently my fleet is doing Kuvexian war goings on, whatever Yamatai is doing with the system would likely have been handed off.

Yamatai is focused primarily on the war and if everyone is already dead on that planet then there's not a lot of reason to worry about it at this time.

Widow's happy to help Thorn again, and return for a proper go at the Roanoke mysteries. Plus, this would be the debut of the Eye III Corvette that was given to her by said research organization as a reward for last time. Could say that this happens before or after LSDF Dissidents (her current plot) in time.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back