• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission RUDaaS Missile + Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm thinking an explosion range of 1 light second is a bit OP Zack.

Edit: It's 3 light seconds. That's WAY WAY TOO BIG!

This is just blatantly overpowered and powergaming, and is in need of change before this could ever even be consideret for approval.

Last edited:
3 light seconds is standard weapon range on SARP. Every space weapon has effectively 3 light-second range which seems perfectly acceptable for a one shot zapping-thing.

The weapon itself is also comparable to Yamatain weapons, they have a Tier 12 aether-bomb that is a fraction of the size and the pew pew capabilities are based on the latest ASC model which this essentially is (just a one-shot, disposable version)

I'm really tired of that weak excuse of a loophole so...
Question:
How do we determine that something is overpowered without comparing it to other items in the setting?

To be completely transparent I lose respect for people every time I see this argument and I insit that this rule not be abused. A mtater of OPness cannot be proven without comparison, so when the question is raised, ANSWER IT or quit wasting time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about determining OPness, it's about someone explaining why it's acceptable for something to be OP by just saying "well someone else did it too".

Do keep in mind that this is more or less a missile with a ship sized imitation Aether shock cannon as its warhead. Except this warhead is more powerful than a destroyer's main gun.

Last edited:
This is the dilemma. YOU said it was OP. YOU raused the question and Zack showed how it's accepted in our setting. YOU were wrong and now you want to take the easy way out by misapplying a rule. This is disturbing to me. Please stop.

Sorry, you're supporting it. Frost is raising it and your both on the same line of reasoning. Don't be

You and I both know that rule is supposed to be for stopping people from comparing their equipment to superold pre-nerf SARP stuff with really high stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like you're trying to undermine the NTSE. They are here to make decisions in Leiu of Wes, because when you try to appeal every decision you don't like, it makes more work for him.

The fact that you try to appeal whenever you get an unfavorable ruling disturbs me greatly.

Simply ignoring the rules whenever you feel like it is not okay by any stretch of the imagination, and that's exactly what you're doing.

Misapplying rules is no better. I have worked hard to establish that FSC has cutting edge technology, compliments of the Kuvexians. The fact that everyone wants to assume that the USO is stuck in the Stone Age infuriates me. It is disrespectful to me and every RP I have GM'd. FMS is not a tiny operation, they have massive manufacturing capabilities. Making an ICBM WMD is not beyond their capabilities.

I agree. It must be upheld in its context. Please uphold the rules, dear moderator.

True. You shouldn’t point to just one thing in your argument. Math is always good, let’s do some math with what we make. I suppose they’ll have to simply prove to us it’s OP with the numbers.

Or rather, I’d like to see you two disprove their claims of “overpowered” as well. You’re making attacks against their character, not attacks against their argument. I’d rather not.

Last edited:
USO/FSC/and the scoobies are a major faction with all the best stuff. We have our own sub forum and everything. Aka: They hate us, cuz they ain’t us.

I’m a part of the USO and I still think this is OP. This isn’t a case of someone just disliking you. Also, saying someone raises concerns because they dislike you is a terribly rude insult to the mods of the NTSE.

Just because they disagree with you doesn’t make them ‘haters’ or the people who raise concerns a ‘clique’

You can think something is OP all you want, but you aren’t convincing anyone by saying that without backing it up using comparisons to exsisting stuff.

Arieg’s missiles were very similar, though they were across the board higher tier and smaller in size. They were approved recently, and certainly represent an upper limit for stats.

Similarly, yamatai’s anti ship torpedo has similar stats but is only a fraction of the size. I can chalk this up to this submission being a bit different (a directed energy blast) and Wazu being not great at miniaturization compared to Yamatai.

In terms of effects for this kind of weapon (big directed energy blast) it matches a similar weapon: the W4000 version of the ASC.

It’s a sci-fi space nuke, and it acts like other sci-fi space nukes in the setting.

Yamatai’s torpedo doesn’t have a range for its explosion of 3 light seconds. And this warhead is literally like stuffing a destroyer sized shock cannon in a missile.

You are trying to put a weapon completely equivalent to the main gun of a plumeria inside a missile.

There’s a reason that this is OP: it’s a tier 13 weapon which effects a 899377 km long cone.

As a main ship weapon, which you based this warhead off of, those stats are fine.

For a 2.4 meter long missile, not so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back