• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Rules] Submission Rules Update

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.
A minor update that, apart from a couple of minor grammatical fixes, literally only adds the following text to the Once your Submission is Approved section:
  • Damage Rating version (i.e. converting from DRv2 to DRv3)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Fix red link to sub rot is the first thing I notice. Doesn't look like there are any notable changes save for the addition of DRv3/2 stuff.

I actually don't see a use for adding to OOC Notes. Unless Wes says it's important, I think removing the OOC Notes you added is what needs to happen. Otherwise, no problems. I would let Wes respond, since it's ultimately his say, before removing OOC Notes—I could be wrong and I could be needlessly telling you to break a rule.

Added a common-sense rule to the Review Policy section:
- Submission reviewers may not review their own submissions or their [[:faction|faction's]] submissions (if the reviewer is also a [[:faction#faction_managers|FM]] or Co-[[:faction#faction_managers|FM]]).

Approval of your own submission about not being able to approve your own submissions?
Moving this to the proper area for discussion.

Only people that can approve changes to the rules are SM. Wait until Monday, pals. Don't edit any more wiki articles or move them that have to do with this article.

That's an addition that necessitates an approval note, hopefully from the same mod that reviewed it.

Approval of your own submission about not being able to approve your own submissions?
Moving this to the proper area for discussion.
Wes approved this, not frost. However, I'd say that this does need discussion before being reapproved.

Not allowing FMs to review stuff for their faction is kinda silly. The point behind having someone else review your submissions is because when you do something yourself you can be blind to elements of things you make yourself.

Not to mention there are a number of players in my faction that have had such a bad reaction with numerous NTSE mods that it doesn't make sense to block me from reviewing their stuff. SARP has already had one large group of players raise problems and eventually leave over this. Right now I have to deal with some frost or NTSE related issue daily as it is.

My response to that is this; You can't review stuff for your faction because that's how it works for every faction. Exceptions to the rules are not being, and should not be made simply because someone says "Well we don't like the mods there so we want our FM to review our stuff."

It's a silly reason to make an exception to a rule, and is sure to result in biased reviews, even if those reviews aren't biased on purpose.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back