• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC S.E.A.R.C.H. Initiative (Tomb Raiders Story)

Good day all,

While you most likely are wondering "What's that new guy doing, there are enough stories" or I am just pre judgemental lol. But be not alarmed as I won't propose a new faction, a new company, new enemy or anything related. I find that I am not yet enough settled into the community to do such a thing. Thought a new faction is tempting Mutters. No, I am here to propose something unique (I hope) and plausible fun to RP in :D

The idea is as followed, the title gave a clue as to what I am leaning onto. But the Kikyo Sector is big and most likely some NPC ships or teams might exist, but basically I am proposing to form a team. A team of archaeology folks that are always trying to discover new ruins and ancient civilizations with a keen eye for knowledge gathering and also some profit along the way. Will they be a bunch boring mishmash professors? Plausible, but I am more aiming at something like Nathan Drake, Lara Croft or Dr. Indiana Jones that seek justice for the artifacts, but at the same time attract unpleasant danger.

Of course, I require to make a lead character for this endeavor but basically looking for other players who are interested in such travels as well. Plus with the war now starting, who knows we might get to the frontier to protect some artifacts from those bad guys! But how does such a team come together? How will they travel and do they even got a ship? Interesting you are asking of plausible thinking about.

The ship is something on loan, yes you read it correctly. The idea is that my character loans a ship that is old, rusty, but gets us from A to B. The idea is that character respond to the recruitment hail of my character on yet-named-location. The money is done by NPC government or Factions (of course the latter is more fun in my opinion). But another idea I am toying with is that of sponsorship, a Faction can sponsor a dig with the goal to gain history value to their people's history. Or just want a cut from the found artifacts (if there are artifacts found). Such sponsorship can gain extra benefits for our team. Like extra armored suits, support in guards or extra supplies, it really depends if the FM is interesting. If no FM is interesting, no harm is done! Then the team got to do with what they got.

So now the question in general, is there any interest in such adventures?

Crew manifest

I just realized you put down Maleirzwan instead of Seidreianne lol. Can you change that quick?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back