• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission S6-HEG

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sorry that I took so long to get to this, @Jack Pine. >.<

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ❌ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. Like @META_mahn requested here in the S6-RCG thread, would you mind "de-tablefying" the article, please?
  2. Would you mind changing the S6-HEG's listed purpose to Tier 4 (Light Anti-Armor), please? It's because in my official opinion the ability for a single hand grenade to take down something as tough as a Reaper is a bit too powerful - and because to the best of my knowledge conventional explosives (even plastic ones) aren't going to be twice as effective as an equivalent amount of extremely hot plasma.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

@FrostJaeger damage lowered. However, meta was over ruled and wes said tables were fine organizing numerical data. This after all the layout you suggested with the previous grenade articles.

This is a bit higher than what Wes said grenades would be, and what DRv3 says that grenades are. Is there a reason that this higher than most other grenades on the site, some reason that they're better and more powerful?

It's a HE grenade, basically a casing packed with high grade explosive compounds, as it says on the page. It doesn't fragment, just detonates in a larger and stronger explosion.

This is a bit higher than what Wes said grenades would be, and what DRv3 says that grenades are. Is there a reason that this higher than most other grenades on the site, some reason that they're better and more powerful?

I don't see anything that would make this more damaging than a SLAG grenade, or any other grenades on the site.

Because the example given for that was a fragmentation grenade, this is a full explosive. And I have just explained this to you.

There are several other examples, such as the heavy mode of the NSP which explodes like a grenade, at tier 3. Additionally, even when converting old DRv2 statted HE grenades, they sit at tier 3, not 4. I don't see why yours should be any better than that of other factions.

Lowering to a T4 was frost's suggestion. I will lower it to a T3, but don't mad at me when someone gives a correction that is wrong.

I would suggest not being disrespectful towards the reviewer looking over your suggestion, @Jack Pine; additionally, the layout I “suggested” was a polished version of one that you created - and one that, in hindsight, I should have never approved given how different it looks from other grenade articles.

In order for this submission to be approved, I am going to go ahead and insist that the tables be convert be converted into sub-sections - as in its current form the S6-HEG article does not bear much resemblance to other grenade articles on the wiki.

How is the 40mm version so powerful when it's far less than 1/12th the size of the hand version? Different explosive compound?

I am not being disrespectful, I am pointing out that he got angry that a correction suggested by someone else was wrong, but he directed it at me. Oh well, the system says T3, so I've lowered it to T3. As for tables, again, Wes said that tables were appropriate for numerical data. Which all tables are listing. @Wes

I would like to go on record saying the reviewer could be nicer to the submitters. Things would go smoother, as coming of as brash, or angry will make the submitters defensive. Simply telling what the change should be and politely giving the reasoning why would make a lot more people happy, and less apprehensive, or irritated.

What I was trying to do was give you a chance to explain why it was higher tier than everything else. When you didn't give a good reason, I requested that it be down-tiered to the same tier as other infantry grenades of the same type.

This is Frost's review, so other reviewers are asked to please stay out of this thread per the anti-dogpiling guideline on the guide for reviewing submissions. Thanks for your cooperation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back