• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 [S6-IIS] Target Found

Ethereal

Banned Member
USV-Hammer/outer region of 188604 planetary system

The Hammer hung in space, Mark and Jack sat in the rather spacious captain's quarters. The IIS rep was soon to arrive and they weren't actually sure who it was exactly that was coming.

A Mercian hung beside the Hammer, it's gigantic horseshoe shape appearing alien beside the more recognisable warship. It was known that such a craft was normally never used with live crew bar one sole life pod in case of emergencies.

Today, as they waited, the stomping of a spacesuit rang down the corridor outside, the only occupant apparently spacewalking the gap into the airlock.

To their surprise, the door to the Captain's Quarters swung open without a sound, revealing a curious figure. The elderly man before them bore eyes as black and unrelenting as jet, a military buzz cut of golden hair. A perfectly groomed moustache and beard sat upon his features.

The most notable aspect of this man was the sheer aura of power, almost bordering on malice, that radiated from him. Entering with a pristeen spacesuit, helmet under one arm, he stepped towards the desk. His coal-black orbs seemed totally unfeeling, "I believe you ran into someone I'm after." He rumbled in a gravelly voice, taking his seat in one fluid and practiced movement.

"Yes, we ran into a sein Iemochi, or mochi as he seems to also be referred to.", Jack answered unphased by the man's gravity.

"He is currently amongst the crew of the YSS-Kaiyo II of the star army. I know the crew well and have a counterpart amongst them.", Mark added.

The visitor's features crumpled in near disgust at hearing the name, a solitary flame of hatred visible in those inky occulars. "You're sure it was Seinosuke? I don't appreciate having a wolf crier pulling me away from my plans."

"The Kaiyo II? You say you know someone onboard?" The older man steepled his fingers before him on the smooth table, his high-tech helmet set on the floor beside him. "I take it you know how much is on his head - 100,000 KS."

"It was him, DNA and appearance were complete matches. We had two EYE IIs doing surveillance, and law enforcement records provided the personal data, and the bounty.", Jack answered the first part, "You can't cry wolf, if you are the wolf."

"Yes, I was aboard for six months, but because of a mission they had to leave for. I was given an option with everyone else to leave a clone behind. I sent the clone with the crew, and I came back here.", Mark explained about his counterpart.

That made the buzz-cut man chuckle, like rocks grinding against each other. "Well, I may be interested in enlisting the services of your clone, as it appears. Where did you run into the little murderer? I take it he's all grown up by now."

"It's good the Eyes have been of use, I remember seeing the memo from Chiyo about our first models being sent here. Small world." He continued, speaking in strangely intimate or maybe even belittling terms about the head CEO of IIS.

"Yes he was an adult. Rose Pine designed and built the Oracle, which the EYEs are based on. We get a lot of use out of them. Rose is married to our sister Sarah.", Jack explained.

"The clone can be gotten ahold of via Geist. Like us he has one, we can give you the link access. Granted what happens with that is out of our hands. I ran into one of his crew mates, and he mentioned "Your arm and eye are back to normal?", so I believe you'll find he looks about the same as I, but his right arm and left eye having undergone a change.", Mark giving more details on the clone.

"That's good to know. I'm familiar with Missus Rose, she's one of our close partners. At least, that's what Nagamura tells me. This 'Geist' sounds like a useful service, I would very much like to talk to him." The man leaned back in his seat, tapping the pads of his fingers against the tabletop. "Is there anything else you can offer? You've been.. invaluable." A knowing, almost malicious smile brushed over his lips.

"A Geist is a neural implant. Mark has one like us. Not sure how else would be able to help.", Jack said tapping the back of his neck.

"Yes, sadly our influence and resources are minimal in yamatai territory.", Mark added.

The man grunted at that, nodding. "Very well, if you could put me into contact with him that would be useful. Regardless, I suspect you want a reward for turning in this information, mhm?" He tapped his foot rhythically against the floor beneath them, in a calm manner.

"We can arrange that. To be honest we are more interested in what he had done to warrant being put on the wanted list.", Jack only spoke this time.

He raised an eyebrow in almost a demeaning fashion, it was hard to see how anyone would like the man or even give him a job, let alone talking to two prominent members of the USO government. "He's a traitor and a murderer who stole our designs and killed my wife." A black fire seared in his charcoal-coloured eyed, "Does that answer your question?"

"Yes it does. We do not have any further questions.", Mark was the one to speak this time.

"Good, good. Expect communications through the IIS-NET, it should reach out this far if Yakena has been doing her job." With that, he rose from his seat, glancing between the two. "I'll take my leave gents, things to attend to." Hesitating for a moment, he then extended a hand for a shake to each of them in turn. "Have a good evening."

Both men would stand and shake the offered hand, "You too sir." Both Jack and Mark said.

A slight smirk appeared in one corner of his mouth, nodding a farewell as he took his leave. Sliding his helmet back on, that stomping of space-ready boots rang down the lengthy corridor to the airlock and back to the unorthodox transport that awaited.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back