• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission S6-MWS2 "Harbinger"

Jack Pine

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=faction:section6:guns:s6-mws2
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Man, fair warning, this one is a doosie. Been working on a new weapons system that can be setup for 1 of 5 different roles, and uses a new ammo type Madi helped design. Sorry in advance, as there ARE SO MANY TABLES.

The ammo: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:section6:ammo:s6-scpr
This one comes in 7 calibers.

Please enjoy TABLEZILLLAAA!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki, and thanks for working with me on this @Jack Pine - apologies about the tables. >.<
Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

This review includes the following sub-articles:

@Jack Pine - Would you mind changing the tier of the S6-SCPR ammunition to the values listed below, please? It's because having the ammunition at its current tiers makes the S6-MWS2 "Harbinger" too powerful when compared to similar personal weapons within the setting.
  • 10mm: Tier 1, Light Anti-Personnel
  • 6mm: Tier 2, Medium Anti-Personnel
  • .308: Tier 2, Medium Anti-Personnel
  • .50cal: Tier 3, Heavy Anti-Personnel
  • .50cal EM: Tier 3, Heavy Anti-Personnel

Last edited:
Your asking me to lower and anti-armor round to that of a normal round which makes no sense. These are not standard rounds. And the 50cal EM is a purely energy projectile when fired.

As it is, there's not really enough plasma in a round that size to do considerably more damage, and at best it could be considered to do as much damage as a tier 3 at most, so Frost's requests are justified.

Recently a fellow member looked over this wiki article and realized with a bit of research that the RPM's for a few of the configurations were far lower then their real world equivalents. The others were also somewhat lower, and offered to correct this in the article. I am making this post to inform the NTSE of this correction. Thank you for your time.

I'm not too sure about how this would work out in terms of balance. I think it's valid to want to make this change, but I'm not sure if this would make the weapons too overpowered or not. Do you mind giving me a day or two to give things a think over since Frost is unable to post right now?

One thing I would like to point out, however, is that while ballistic speeds should line up at least roughly with real-life bullets, firing rates don't have to do so, and with the firepower your guns have, they don't have to shoot very fast.

I already made that point to the person who suggested the changes, they were very insistent. Given where they were was sufficient for their roles. So if these edits aren't okay, it's no problem to me, can just revert to the last version of the page. I look forward to hearing from you after you've thought on it though.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back