• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission S6-P2 "Wraith"

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Raaaaaaaaaawr!

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

So... uhh.. hmm....

*PLOP!*

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Nom nom nom nom nom :3

Approved! Om nom :3

@Jack Pine - would you mind reducing the tier of the Wraith's 10mm ammo from...
  • Tier 2 (Medium Anti-Personnel) for standard rounds
  • Tier 3 (Heavy Anti-Personnel) for hollow-point rounds
to...
  • Tier 1 (Light Anti-Personnel) for standard rounds
  • Tier 2 (Medium Anti-Personnel) for hollow-point rounds
...please? It's because having a nearly-silent covert operations pistol with minimal recoil and the ability to take down a heavily-armored target (like someone wearing a Golem) is, in my official opinion, overpowered when compared to other pistols within the setting - especially when one considers how much range the 10mm ammunition has.

@Jack Pine - Would you mind changing the tier of the S6-10mm ammunition to the value listed below, please? It's because having the ammunition at its current tiers makes the S6-MWS2 "Harbinger" and S6-P2 "Wraith" too powerful when compared to similar personal weapons within the setting.
  • 10mm Hollow Point: Tier 1, Light Anti-Personnel

Last edited:
A 10mm is almost the size of a 45, it's not a light round.
Though not too different in size, I do want to point out that .45's in most cases demonstrate a much higher penetrative power in most cases. I would consider the 10mm the highest/strongest of standard munition/rounds, though. It's effectively on the line where a normal pistol turns into a true and good-fashioned high-power.

This is just my two cents on it however; you can also look up video documentation where in most cases .45's do perform fairly well over the 10mm in most penetration tests. Similar but the small difference in size/weight shows between the two cartridges.

Edit: This isn't me defending that awful rule that was forced into place but simply clarifying that - even pre-rule - a 10mm being traditionally fired isn't one of the calibers that would (in my opinion, of course) be capable of meeting the standards of T2 unless it had something helping it (such as a high power AP round + some light rails or a chem-boost, in a similar fashion to how the HHG bolsters its kill power).

I think that the combined weight of two or more reviewers should be enough to show that this needs to be changed, or un-approved for refusal to comply with multiple reviewers.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back