• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Approved Submission] S6-RCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they aren't. The only reason why they've encouraged you to use tables is that in the past you've dumped on the page and not used any form of organization of data. But now you're starting to use it too much. Look at the original form of the submission. The page was over 80% table.

Tables are powerful but they aren't the be-all-end-all. The sooner you learn this the more your submissions can improve in quality.

I still see no reason to remove them personally and afaik there is no rule against tables. I have already removed most of what there was.

I mean technically speaking the quality of the submission hasn’t changed, just the layout. And sure it condeses it a bit more but its not like this is a faction page it’s just a gun.

I’m still gonna argue with you on the grounds that the style looks terrible. Even if it’s “just a gun” the rules don’t change. It still needs to look nice. This horrible complacency sets a bad precedent for the future.

I’m currently on mobile and it looks even worse. Fix it, final verdict.

Threatening to use mods as a weapon
Meta you your self have to abide by the rules of judging if you are just going to judge it based on preference instead of rules

I'll be forced to report you for unfair and bias judgment either fallow the rules when casting judgment or I'll report you and if I have to I'll get wess or staff involved you have been warned

No need to go "i'm calling my lawyers" about the situation, there is actually some rules/guides about tables in the style guides I think, aditionally the templates have a number of included tables for a reason, regardless I don't really care which way this goes buts lets keep it chill and behave like adults for once, talking has better effect that seeing who can ban who faster.

and not the kind that use lawyers

I've been asked to step in and moderate this thread so my ruling is:

The article doesn't meet the style guidelines in its current version. I don't think the amount of tables is bad per se (and I don't think any need to be removed) but it needs more actual text and there's several sections where there's no regular text (prose), only tables or bullet lists.

In this example below, there's a five-line paragraph in a bullet point:

1539981169785.png

It would make a lot more sense to have a small header for this and put the paragraph inside of it. Any time you have complete sentences, think about using non-bulleted text instead. If we need to change the basic template to make it follow the style guidelines better we can totally do that too.

Additionally, I think the DR Tiers need to be really scrutinized. I'm looking at this 6mm bullet and thinking it should be Tier 1 (regular bullets) or Tier 2 (rifles) not Tier 3 (the tier for anti-personnel grenades).

Please don't get personal with the submission reviewers and vice versa. This is about the article meeting the standards so the wiki stays top-notch. Both you guys should chill out, it's just an RP and we're here to have fun.

I have added text under the main headers, and switched the bulleted lists under them to sub headers. I've also gone and corrected the tier for the standard 6mm ammo to a Tier 2 and changed the value on the article accordingly.

A lot of S6's guns are very over-teired and have only ever been placed there because of pressure from submitters. Wes said that the 6mm should be at tier 1 normally, so that's where it goes, and honestly, it shouldn't take Wes to fix this sort of thing. This is what the NTSE is supposed to be doing, but no one ever seems to listen to us. This goes for formatting too; the NTSE should be listened to by submitters.

Last edited:
A lot of S6's guns are very over-teired, and have only ever been placed there because of pressure from submitters.
Please keep comments relevant to this particular submission. Fixing damage tiers is something that should be done in the threads of the items that have problematic numbers.

I suppose it might have been more accurate to say that their ammo is over-tiered, not necessarily their guns.

I made the edits to damage for this as requested. But I haven't heard anything from Meta in over a week.

Reactions: IQ
Seeing as how he still hasn’t complied fully...

Read what Wes wants you to do, Jack. 6mm should beTier 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back