• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission S6-SS-1A

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well, that renders the Centurion shield prototype obsolete. However, it does fit inline with the airborne nanoes design ideology Section 6 has. I'll call it FM approved. Just make sure to follow any and all instructions from NTSE.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ❌ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ❌ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ Need more info ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:
Link Section 6 earlier and what year it was created.

You say, "...PSS follows a simple principle." That is immediately followed by a run-on sentence. Maybe that run-on sentence could be fixed or you can more clearly state the principle it follows immediately.

Can you explain more about it disintegrating non-ferromagnetics in the article?

This doesn't follow the established wiki URL scheme that Section 6 uses and Jack Pine can help there.

"Even when met with plasma or laser-based projectiles, the PSS is able to dissipate it with counteracting force due to the high currents." Can you describe this process some more in the article?

Spelling fixes:
non-ferro-magnetics--> non-ferromangentics
ferro-magnetic--> ferromagnetic
utilising --> utilizing
desintigrates --> disintegrates

Thank you for your submission!

A note that this has an almost identical identifier to the SS1 starship. Without any sort of actual description in the name this naming system will get confusing fast

Not gonna disagree with you there. Possibly change it to SM for "Shielding Module"? As opposed to SS, which we typically use for "Star Ship".

BS, or "Barrier System" would also fit more inline with the annoying SARP terminology of calling energy shields of any type "Barriers."

Thank you for the review.

I left the namespace destination as is, Jack says it's fine. So I think it is?

Renamed to Barrier System - Module seemed unfitting in this application. Since the modules are more of a practicality. This submission is the general standard I was hoping we'd use and is a far more theoretical approach. A module would vary from PA to Starship, if that makes sense.

This makes it that the destination URL is different. I cannot edit the OP, sadly enough. But the new destination would become: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:section6:section_6:systems:paladin_barrier_system

Apologies for the inconvienience.

Fixed the pointed out errors, tried to fix the run-on sentences. Thank you for making me aware. Though I'm not a hundred percent sure that it's completely correct now.

I am sorry this took so long @IQ!!!!

One minor thing, now, this sentence is cut off:
"The first applications ."

Can you add to it and then ping me here, please?

@Ametheliana I've gone ahead and fixed the cut off sentence and fixed a small detail involved with workings of the tech. Hopefully that fixes any issues with it, but do please let me know of there is anything else.

Approved.

I am confused about why faction is in the front of the namespace, but it looks like other Section 6 namespaces are like that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back