• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission S6-TBOM "Swarm" rocket bod weapon system + ammunition

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Please fix grammar and spelling errors. Specifically there are it's vs its errors and fragmented sentences. Please try not to make these errors in the future as it makes it difficult to understand what is being said when it's not properly worded.

Ame i dont know if you where claiming this article or not. Sorry if im stepping on ye toes, I just had a free moment and he pinged all the NTSE so i figured i'de help out maybe...
Please, dont hurt me

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

There are still some very minor spelling mistakes (new instead of knew, etc.)

This article is worded in a way that gives the impression of not a rocket pod but a full size missile or bomb. Putting *Rocket* or *System* in the name would work better so anyone who views the page can know exactly what it is without needing to be 2-3 paragraphs deep.

Damage Rating Version 3 states that a weapon is valued by the highest tier of its strongest ammo type that can be loaded. This would mean if it was made for the Centaur it would exceed the centars tier. And as a stated in the Weapon Limitations i believe this would be considered a Tier Equivalent Weapon Group for a T-10 ship or vehicle with the long rockets, and a TEWG for anything else at T-7 or above with the 9inch rockets. Running this and the Centars listed weapons, And assuming its maid gun is T-8 like its class that would bring you to 37+ on tier weapons (17 in the case of the 9inch.) Counting the 2-TEWG limitation, the limitation that the SWARM would be able to hold for a T-8 Tank is either:

x32 9-inch rockets
x4 Long rockets.

The short rockets are a pretty good amount for their tier at that number considering the size of the launcher. And if you take the T-9 rockets down to T-8 you can hold 8 of them in a launcher which is a good amount for that tier.

Minor Stuff: (This isnt necessary to change. Its just stuff i noticed and wanted to point out.)

With each 9inch rocket weighing approximately 11(squared) pounds that would mean that 54 of these rockets weighs roughly 600 pounds. They can be lighter. A good example is that the S-8B soviet era 80mm rockets warhead alone weighed half as much as one of these 9 inch rockets and itself was almost almost six feet long. What im getting at is with SARPs future style tech you can make it lighter.

Also are the 9 inch rockets settled behind other 9 inch rockets if it can carry more than the long rockets? Because if they are the same diamiter width wise they should take up one tube each. Considering exhaust comes out the back of the unit its obvious anything behind the first rocket is going to get some jet-wash which is dangerous.

This weapon has a laser sight but doesnt say if its a guided weapons system. Traditionally Rockets are dumb-fired.

@Jack Pine please address these changes and @ me (or ame if she does claim this article) when they are made.

@Charmaylarg Dufrain I have address all points mentioned, including adding a design addition for the smaller rockets to have a heat shielded casing to solve the exhaust detonation issue. Please let me know if I have missed anything. Also I have dropped the damages down to T5 and T7 to keep the ammo count as not doing so, would require a heavy redesign of the weapon system itself.

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

This weapon is APPROVED. But please note that at x18 30-inch rockets will still put it in the T-9 category even with T-7 rockets as a TEWG. And as such TEWG above a host platforms tier can not be used. (You cant put a T-9 TEWG on a T-8 mecha/tank/ship. But you can put a single T-9 weapon on a T-8 platform at the cost of 2 t-8 slots~)

[ ✅ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ X ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✅ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✅ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ X ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back