• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission SAFO

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:star_army_flight_operations
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This sub-department would basically give pilots a home to operate from. They essentially give pilots guidance in training and deployment and work with SARA in future development or upgrades of fighters and bomber specifications.

I spoke with @Wes about SAFO and edited it to meet up with the Star Army requirements :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I hate to "throw on the pile" here. I think if this sub-department is truly something that is part of the SAoY. A NPC in the leadership of it should be placed, as well as an OOC Manager that is going to maintain its page and development forwards. I just worry about the creation of departments becoming more out-of-date pages on the wiki that we will forget about and find five years from now in another round of updates. Essentially, as a FM of Yamatai, what I'm saying here is that this will require sustained management if it is created. Someone who will keep track of its history, manage communications, etc for it. @Wes What do you think?

Last edited:
A NPC in the leadership of it should be placed, as well as an OOC Manager that is going to maintain its page and development forwards. I just worry about the creation of departments becoming more out-of-date pages on the wiki that we will forget about and find five years from now in another round of updates.
What I like about this article is that it doesn't really require an OOC manager because SAFO "is responsible for the training of pilots, registration of pilots and their licenses, working with Ketsurui Fleet Yards in regards to designing new fighters, bombers, or carriers." Actual fighters in-roleplay still fall under their fleet's chain of command. It's basically a cool background element to explain the clerical work that already occurs off-screen.

Only fleet-level organizations really need a "manager" to function, and at the end of the day the Star Army will continue to be a workable organization as long as Wes is around to play its leader. SAFO not having a manager wouldn't be the biggest concern. It should certainly have an NPC commander, though.

What I like about this article is that it doesn't really require an OOC manager because SAFO "is responsible for the training of pilots, registration of pilots and their licenses, working with Ketsurui Fleet Yards in regards to designing new fighters, bombers, or carriers." Actual fighters in-roleplay still fall under their fleet's chain of command. It's basically a cool background element to explain the clerical work that already occurs off-screen.

Only fleet-level organizations really need a "manager" to function, and at the end of the day the Star Army will continue to be a workable organization as long as Wes is around to play its leader. SAFO not having a manager wouldn't be the biggest concern. It should certainly have an NPC commander, though.

It actually was the off-screen clerical work I was talking about. We got it settled up though. Right now we're really focused as Yamatai FMs in ensuring we are keeping track of what we create so that pages can be actively maintained for history and accuracy vs. them falling into forgotten states. Anyway, we sorted it :)

Added 3-day timer to the calendar.

This doesn't include Starship Operators, right? Just fighters?

Alright. I doubt it'll result in a whole lot of confusion, but to be safe could you include that somewhere? You could write it as "...SAFO is the Star Army of Yamatai's fighter and bomber pilot branch."

Alright. I doubt it'll result in a whole lot of confusion, but to be safe could you include that somewhere? You could write it as "...SAFO is the Star Army of Yamatai's fighter and bomber pilot branch."
Thought it is mentioned a few times throughout the whole article. I can add it to the first paragraph. Will look at it later today but thanks for the advice

Hey, I saw my old plot 11th Squadron listed here and realized many of the "Known Units/Wings/Squads" section links are erroneously listed.

The following are not Star Army fighter or bomber squadrons:
  • 2XF Squadrons (Uchuugun gunships)
  • 4SF Squadrons (Uchuugun gunships)
  • 8SF Squadrons (Uchuugun gunships)
  • 11th Squadron (Uchuugun gunships)
  • Black Wolf Squad (Power Armor Team)
  • Gray Wolf Squad (Power Armor Team)
  • Heavy Armor Division (Fifth Fleet ground vehicles)
  • Orochi Squadron (Uchuugun gunships)
  • Power Armored Combat Division (Fifth Fleet infantry division)
  • Second Squadron Starbase (Hanako's old Plumeria squadron starbase)
  • Squad 6 (Fifth Fleet power armor team)
  • Squad 7 (Fifth Fleet power armor team)
  • Squad 13 (Fifth Fleet power armor team)
The ones not listed above are, in fact, fighter or bomber squadrons.

I have corrected the list, I should have checked it back in 2020 and now. Thought on that note, I do see some deviation of the said articles missing approval threads and I want to thank you Raz for letting me check these pages, I placed them in WIP and hope to see them brushed up and approved soon! I did do a search on the forum to see if the articles were approved or not and couldn't find them, if they are linked somewhere that I might have overlooked I stand of course correct and will revert it to the WIP status :)
  • 2XF Squadrons (Uchuugun gunships) - Removed from list
  • 4SF Squadrons (Uchuugun gunships) - Removed from list
  • 8SF Squadrons (Uchuugun gunships) - Removed from list
  • 11th Squadron (Uchuugun gunships) - Removed from list
  • Black Wolf Squad (Power Armor Team) - Removed and updated with Approval link and Nesting
  • Gray Wolf Squad (Power Armor Team) - Removed and put back into WIP (It has no approval thread)
  • Heavy Armor Division (Fifth Fleet ground vehicles) - Removed and put back into WIP (It has no approval thread)
  • Orochi Squadron (Uchuugun gunships) - Edit, there are fighters and bombers on the page, mentioned correctly :)
  • Power Armored Combat Division (Fifth Fleet infantry division) - Removed and put back into WIP (It has no approval thread)
  • Second Squadron Starbase (Hanako's old Plumeria squadron starbase) - Removed from list
  • Squad 6 (Fifth Fleet power armor team) - Removed from list
  • Squad 7 (Fifth Fleet power armor team) - Removed and put back into WIP (It has no approval thread)
  • Squad 13 (Fifth Fleet power armor team) - Removed and put back into WIP (It has no approval thread)
I did update the first paragraph to reflect Ame suggestion :) will work now on the NPC character!

That's cool. The article is better when it's accurate.

You should send a forum PM to Kai and Soban so that they know you messed around with their articles. Some of those Fifth Fleet things might not be actually WIP but still have the old style in-article tags we used to use before the wip: namespace, and articles that simply document in-character history or plots often don't ever get put up for submission approval and thus won't have approval threads when searched for. Watch out.

While I understand your reaction and don't worry I will inform both Kai and Soban about the move to WIP. I do wish to make clear that it is our job as wiki staff to keep pages updated as good as possible, these pages have not received an update for quite some time and even if there are "old tag system" it still needs an update and approval thread to meet the current requirements.

But we are going off-topic on this :) so if you feel the need to be addressed further, feel free to DM on the forum :D.

We all good on this now guys? @RaWolfe and @Wes cause the timer has expired.

Alright, then this is approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back