• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission SAIMC - Star Army Military Industrial Complex

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:industrial_complex
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Essentially a list of cooperative suppliers for the SAoY, which includes part sharing, co-manufacturing, and cooperation to ensure top quality industrial goods for the SAoY going forwards. Nothing is new here per se, it merely explains how these corporations interact. The plan is we will continue to add to this list and continue to make products in a cooperative function.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do you want to include the company that makes type 41 tanks, or is just one piece of equipment not enough to qualify?

Do you want to include the company that makes type 41 tanks, or is just one piece of equipment not enough to qualify?
Similarly, Saiga Psychogenetics produces the M38 revolver on license from SiZi for Yamataian use. It's one of the most popular small arms currently in RP, but you should only include it if you think it qualifies IC.

Of course!, I will add it to the list. Can you provide me links? @raz and @Alex Hart ?

The acronym is already in use by SAIC -School of Advanced Infantry Combat- and has been used a bit in regards to it on the wiki.

The reason I realized this is because I haven't taken this submission because of the name alone. It has negative connotations to me from IRL where lobbying and corporations influencing public policy though military industrial complexes. It's been sitting so long that I decided to ignore the name, but when I read the article I saw that familiar acronym. So, to get to my point, can you find a new name that has a different acronym but maybe something that doesn't have negative connotations? I don't know if it's only me, but it's my preference and nobody else has picked this up, so I might as well say something!

@Andrew

I can't really think of a name that makes more sense, though. Maybe we could change it to SAMIC for Star Army Military Industrial Complex or YaMIC for Yamatai Military Industrial Complex? I dunno.

Also, I think the article is ready to be approved already - The only reason I didn't approve it myself was because I did the FM approval already and I usually let a second person due the approval as a courtesy checks-and-balances kind of thing (even though I could approve and FM approve in one post).

That said, this article has been sitting here too long so I'd like to close this up ASAP.

Changed to SAMIC as was recommended. Article is ready @Ametheliana . Thank you @Wes .

@Wes Requested changes were made. Can we get this through now please?

Some of the headers don't have the M in the SAMIC in it. Just add that and then I'll do a grammar check and all and get this approved.

Done. Thank you!

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Alright simple and to the point, this is APPROVED

RPG-D RPGfix
Back