• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

Toshiro

This is the discussion thread for the YSS Sakura II RP, as well as elements of the predecessor RP from which it is being born. The YSS Sakura II Wiki can be found here: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=plot:yss_sakura_ii

To save time on hunting through multiple pages for the first posts which new YSS Sakura II players should concern themselves with, the post marking the transition in this thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=134&t=6019&p=133489#p133489

Please note that some Nishitama Thought Experiment related discussion may continue until their final mission is concluded. Reading the threads labeled [A THOUGHT Experiment] is not required for new YSS Sakura II players, but may give insight on elements of the plot to come.

Note: As we are subject to Plot Audit requirements, players are strongly advised to obtain character art, maintain their character histories, and use the anonymous character art in the interim. Also, keeping wikis up to date and removing any red links is also highly desired.

This is the discussion thread for the A THOUGHT Experiment RP. It is necessary both to discuss elements of the plot (IRC is no longer sufficient) and for plot audit requirements which we are now subject to. The Wiki for the RP can be found here. https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nishitama_thought_experiment

Only those participating in the plot, interested in joining the plot, and site admins are permitted to post in this thread.

We are desperately low on Yamataian Power Armor and Starfighter pilots, below what I consider the minimum for the plot. Please contact me if you have a veteran character with those skills which you may wish to use again, preferably in good standing with the Star Army of Yamatai ICly.

Last edited:
Re: [OOC] A THOUGHT Experiment

I've come down with an illness over the last little bit, and while I'm not out of commission, it may slow me down some. Still though, Exhack and Soresu need to get cracking on some posts. I'd start a new thread, but am waiting on someone to finish a character so we can all start together with that.

Yeah, I know I do. I've been having to pull between twelve to fourteen hour shifts at work for the last couple of days so my brain has been mush mostly.

I've gotten less sick and have posted, fast-forwarding. I understand you're busy, and maybe didn't like what I had available for you to do...but Soresu and Ex, you haven't posted in nearly 3 1/2 weeks. Well beyond the requirements. Please post more promptly, or at least ask for something if you can't work with what I give you.

For those who haven't noticed, I've fast-forwarded to the next day so that people who have nothing to do can post again.

Exhack, you haven't posted in 5 1/2 weeks, and only then because I nagged you and gave you a previous warning for time limits. You have two days to post a response or state a reason for being away until you're removed from the plot.

Soresu, please don't wait on Exhack.

Exhack is now considered inactive. He hasn't posted in 6 weeks even, and only then because I nagged him back then for post timing issues. One post in three months without so much as a reason is not acceptable.

Soresu, please post soon. I hate nagging, but I have to keep on top of this or the plot will die quickly in this subforum.

Alright, I'd like to ask a question of all of you:

I have been trying to maintain a sort of post order, waiting for everyone to have a turn before posting and continuing the plot. However, this has caused some problems from time to time. I ask you then; should I continue doing this, or should I just post as available and let the laggers catch up on their own?

Go with your posting schedule. If someone doesn't post, keep the plot moving, and the person can catch up.

The training will end before too long. It was never meant to drag on past 3 or 4 rounds or posts.

I don't really feel like there's enough detail to make a reply to your GM post, Toshiro. Would you like me to try, or is there a way you can add more...?

Well, I was thinking people would start heading home in the conditions I described, and after giving their impressions, witness/get involved in some things I throw at them en route...give it a try? ^^

That was what I wa sgoing to do originally but wasn't entirely certain what you had in mind for you plot :p

But if you want us to head home, I guess I can make a post in a little bit ;)

It's looking like there's more interest in the mecha/PAs than the Starfighters, so I wanted to ask your opinion on an option.

Do you guys want to test both the LAMIA Kai and Tsubame, or should the Tsubame's testing move to the 7th SF and be done outside this plot?

Same here, Yaiba may not be a fighter pilot, but she signed up for the program to help.

Sorry about the long time without posting. I didn't forget about this, but some events happened in RP which threw my plans asunder -- it happens. I had to work out a new direction for the RP, and have two possible ideas in mind.

SSharp has told me in IRC about a week back or so that he was leaving the plot, so I'll make that announcement for him since he hasn't in the forums.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back