• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Salutations!

Pleiades

Inactive Member
Hello hello! I'm Pleiades (no duh, good job on the common sense Skippy) and I'm fresh off the internet search for a new place to roleplay. Found this lovely gem thanks to a bit of TVTropes trolling, and my happy bum is quite content to stay here. Why? Because Macross and Gundam is what I grew up on. Space Opera trope indeed.

Random bits of trivia time!
  • I love mecha and space anime. I blame my dad entirely for this. Entirely. Gundam is a good distraction for hellspawn children, that it is.
  • 24 year old lady who's spent a little over half her life doing roleplay of some kind. Cut my teeth on Dungeons and Dragons when I was 11, haven't quit since then.
  • Will spazz in people's general directions frequently. I'm sorry, I'm kind of like a kid on caffeine sometimes. Let me know if I'm too excited for you and I'll scale it back some.
  • If you want to know anything about me, feel free to ask. I don't bite.
Anyway, time for me to get the glorious dog and pony show on the road and figure out what madness I should jump into headfirst. Looking forward to playing with you all! Kiss kiss lovelies~

Welcome to Star Army!

Reading your intro post, I feel like you're perfect for Star Army and I'm really glad to have you here. You have a lot of common interests with both myself and much of the other members here. I think you may like Yamatai, the anime-inspired big faction of the site.

if you're into Mecha, I run a mecha plot called the OIF Atuan III, which you may find interesting. I'll drop in with some links when I get back to my computer proper. Welcome to Star Army!

Great, another female(no pun intended)! We need more women. Since you're one, maybe you can talk to @Floodwaters. She is like a mother to us(and her own kids).

One question, where are you from?

@Wes - As long as nobody minds when I start going into technobabble and fan-spasming over the latest and greatest mecha anime of the season, all will be well. But yes, turns out you were right and I reeeeeally love Yamatai.

@Kai - The answer the the question you were hinting at was yes. Yes I will toss my second character into a mecha-centric plot. It will live and breathe the crazy and then come right back for more.

@Yoerik -*hiss* Women, we're like a plague. Once we start we just multiply and linger until it's dead. I'm kidding, this is me with my horrible sense of humor. But hey, I love meeting people. Friends are always good, more fun times all around.
Uh... okay that's actually a touch difficult to answer. If by the 'where are you from' you mean 'where do you live', I dwell two hours or so away from Austin, Texas. If by the 'where are you from' you mean 'where do you hail from', that's... trickier and best summed up with: my dad's in the Army, i have literally moved around the globe for the vast majority of my life. I talk funny, no lie.

It's a pleasure to make all of your acquaintances!

Heh, Glad you like the idea. For what we've done in the past and what we're doing now, please feel free to peruse the Origin Industries Subforum for anything marked "OIF Atuan" or "OIF Atuan III."

For some direct information available on the Wiki, look no further than The Official Plot page We've just recently started a mission, so it may be a few weeks before We can get you in proper, although there's always a way to shoehorn a character in if you're really chomping at the bit, So keep in touch with me if you have any questions!

Great, another female(no pun intended)! We need more women. Since you're one, maybe you can talk to @Floodwaters.

Hmm... isn't that kind of a silly assumption? We would get along great just because we both have double-X chromosomes? Kind of an overgeneralization, don't you think? :p

I jest, of course. :) Thank you for the kind words, @Yoerik, and Pleiades, welcome to the site! There are many people around here that are more than willing to help you get started if you have questions, and while not everyone knows everything about every single part of the SARPiverse (it's HUGE!), most people you ask will at least know where to find the information you're looking for, or who to go to for better results.

*hiss* Women, we're like a plague. Once we start we just multiply and linger until it's dead.

Shhh! That's supposed to be a secret. ;)

Uh... okay that's actually a touch difficult to answer. If by the 'where are you from' you mean 'where do you live', I dwell two hours or so away from Austin, Texas. If by the 'where are you from' you mean 'where do you hail from', that's... trickier and best summed up with: my dad's in the Army, i have literally moved around the globe for the vast majority of my life. I talk funny, no lie.
I know exactly how you feel (explanation link below for you civilians reading this). My dad was in the Navy and I went to 3 elementary schools and 3 high schools growing up and lived in 7 cities and 2 countries by the time I graduated. And yeah, people have a hard time placing my accent, too! I inevitably moved away from every close friend I ever made, and I often had just books and my little brother for entertainment. All this reading and building complex imaginary play worlds with our GI Joes sort of set the stage for me to build the Star Army universe.

Here's the promised article: What Military Children Won't Tell You: Where Are You From?

Welcome to the Sarpiverse! My names Kyle, I am a tech moderator for this sites NTSE. I am also the faction manager for the Kingdom of Neshaten, a new faction on the site. If you need any help or assistance please do not hesitate to hit me up on IRC or from a PM here :)

Also, you might live near one of my friends =)

@Kai - It shall take me a bit to get comfy with the forum system and familiarize myself with the wiki as much as I can, so it'll take me a couple of weeks to get a character up anyway. Yeah... my second characters tend to make my first characters look like useless lumps. No. I'm not memorizing all relevant bits of info. I have no idea what people could be thinking, absolutely none.

@Floodwaters - You got my joke. Oh my God you actually got my joke. Double-X circumstantial or no, you are like obligated to be the straight man to my crazy. In simple doggy terms: Hi, I just met you and I love you.

@Wes - Ahahahahaha yes. You understand. I am from everywhere. Though my dad still thinks it's hilarious that I have his tours of duty memorized. Lemme see if I can still do this without popping OPSEC like a sad water balloon.... Born in Kentucky, moved to Germany (insert elementary school one), moved to California (insert elementary school two), moved to Pennsylvania (insert elementary school three), moved to New York (insert elementary schools four, five, and six, because I was a hellion that nuns hated, and middle school one), move back to California (middle school two), move to Texas (middle school three), move back to California (middle school four), move to South Korea (high school number one), then move back to a different part of Texas for final high school and oh my god I've never left.

Look at that majestic word vomit, and I'm being good and not counting the places my family didn't rent or buy a house or we were in housing. This is schools only up to high school and not counting summer training courses where we lived in a hotel for like two months. So I have this strange accent that's a combination of Valley Girl, Brooklyn, German, Texan, and this curious knack for consonant-vowel ways of speaking.

Dear civilians, I am so sorry. To put it short for you: I've had six different elementary schools, four different middle schools, and two different high schools across three countries. Don't ask me where I'm from, I have no real answer for you that isn't going to take six minutes to rattle out.

@Kyle - Hello! I will keep this in mind for when my brain goes nope and I don't understand things. And that will happen frequently. Frequently. If that friend lives near Fort Hood, then yes I live by them. Lemme know if you need me to pop by his house in the event of illness or emergency to make sure he's okay for you. Emergency POC I'm good for.

@Pleiades

To the question "where I am from?" I just tell them I'm from my father and mother due to a night of wrestling naked that both came out winners and I was the delayed grand prize nine months later.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy your time here with us lovers of roleplay :)

Edit: I'm a military brat also ;) even though I don't talk about it.

@Samanthia So... once upon a time when my mommy and daddy were really really mad at each other and somehow ended up having naked massage time.... nine and a half months later I was born. Yay me. Pffft, couldn't resist.

Are you kidding me? I love it here. This is the most hilariously awesome madness I've ever found. I live here now. Ignore the pillow fort under the dining room table and the artistic piles of vodka bottles.

Military brats for the wiiiiin~!

Yay!

That's wonderful you have a pillow fort.. just stay out of the corner with the lounge pillows. That's my spot ;)

I'm a big fan of Star Army and Startrek which I activily particapate in also. The Mousian character I created for Sci-fi roleplay came from orginally from a furry sci-fi rp when I lurked heavily on mIRC and then moved it to the forums (Startrek) cause even though IRC is nice for rp, the downside of that was dealing with the time zones to get together and have a real good roleplay sessions. Then tried forums which works out real nice.

Scince that is my avatar and character picture for one of my characters here on Star Army also :)
Which is my second character for here. First was just to get my foot in the door and get a feel for the place.

As you found out, I've now 7 different characters 4 in Yamatai Faction, 1 Nepleslian, 1 HSC, 1 Nashaten (kyle will kill me when he finds out I probaly mispelled his faction which I'll edit if it is). And of course my NCRP thread which helped me to search the wiki for information. It really very informitive.

okay it's time for me to hop off my speaker's box. as I am probaly covering stuff you've been already told from others :)

Last edited:
I've now 7 different characters 4 in Yamatia Faction, 1 Nepleslian, 1 HSC, 1 Nateshian (kyle will kill me when he finds out I probaly mispelled his faction which I'll edit if it is).
It's actually Yamatai, Nepleslia, and Neshaten! :rolleyes:

:oops::oops::oops: thanks for the edit catch Wes ... gaw spelling is another weak spot.... *back to the word doc before I post...* Thanks for the assistance. :oops:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back