• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 Sanctuary Day (New year's celebration YE-40)

Stalls

David could almost feel the spite coming from those words, he imagined the young woman reaching for the button to power down her rig before curiosity got the better of her - though to be frank he didn't quite know why her presence was requested, regardless it was and he'd try to get her down here, hopefully without having to leave but he'd do what he needed to do.

"Dunno, Bossman didn't say why, only that he wished to speak with you in person. Should I come get you or will you make your own way here?" the Geshrin sent straight back seemingly as soon as her response had been sent through - bypassing the physical limitations of a keyboard in favour of neural networking was a rush David found he rather enjoyed, though he felt the novelty would wear off soon enough.

The Den

"I still don't want to do whatever this is... But I like having a room to myself." Haisely replied simply before switching off all but her own small server machine, after several minutes of searching she found a set of long, baggy tracksuit pants and a coat several sizes too big followed by her woolen gloves with the index fingers cut off. Finally her beanie went on as tail and ears were hidden away and the small girl left her room and ventured into the evening air, glaring at the sky to curse it for being somewhat chilly.

Withen 10 minutes she finally found her way to where David was but was disappointed to find that he was not infact with the person who'd summoned her, she scowled into her coat knowing she'd gone to the wrong place and would probably have to ask him for directions now. Although she did take notice of the other girl that he seemed to be quite close and cozy with at present, a glimmer of hope in her cold heart as she realised that maybe now he wouldn't bug her over feelings and crap. "Where is he." She asked bluntly.

Entrance
“Being the commander of Fenrir Division, one would expect that, I think” Came a voice. “Evening, Major” Aztec said, nodding his head to Talos. “Jacky, Armora, I must say, you both look gorgeous tonight!” The horseman finished, his golden eyes lingering on Armora for a moment longer before shifting to the unknown man with the trio. “Don’t believe we’ve met before. Jay Travers, but everyone calls me Aztec.”

Lawn Chairs
Adi wandered around the party dressed in her usual light blue shirt and black pants, holding a small wrapped present, which wasn't well wrapped but at least had effort put into it. The small curvy girl walked next to Jack with her very long hair and tail following, quietly asking him "U-um... d-dad? Have you s-seen Sonia?"

Stalls
Adria, wearing the same thing (Though, made for her flatter and skinnier size), browsed the stalls alone. Both the butterfly girls were oblivious to the fireworks that would be starting soon. Adria had next to no one to be with for the party, so all she did was boredly meander. And then she heard a clanking noise. Was it that robot again?

Chlorate's feet made clanking noises as she walked into the stall area. Chlorate was wearing... well... nothing... she was an android. She was immediately amazed at what she saw in the stalls, even things that weren't actually very exciting or impressive.

Rooftop

“I was assuming there were going to be fireworks, so I came up here to get a good view. I saw you up here and thought you had the same idea!” Elisys respones.

Park Perimeter, On Parade

As her Hydra tank trundled along at parade clip, newly enlisted Section 6 trooper and tanker Lena Aldea stood out from the cockpit hatch. She wore an old Nepleslian military duty uniform that had been redone with Section 6 iconography and striping, the green traded for black with red piping. Her head was covered with a black cap, her platinum ponytail pulled out through the back. She was smiling and waving to the people watching the parade from the park side, enjoying the cool night air. It was a brief, well-deserved reprieve, though Lena would have much preferred putting on a rocking show for the crowd, but order and duty came first. Still, the soft breeze caused by the slow progression of the parade eased her thoughts, and let her fill her time with people-watching. So many people of different kinds and origins, all together on this little slice of the universe they had carved out and took as their new home.

Home.

Lena had never really called a place home before, but for everything else, this place definitely seemed to fit the bill. At least she could rest her feet here for a while, maybe. Lena lifted her gaze starward, her eyes moving as if to trace a path. Maybe that is Kennewes, she thought as she lingered on one, then shifted her gaze elsewhere. And Nepleslia. Yamatai. Rok'Veru. She took a deep breath, trying not to slide into memories, looking back down at the path ahead of her, smiling again.

Home.

Rose leaned into Sarah's kiss, a humm building in her thoat. Michael grabbed at Sarah's hand as his mother moved. "By the way, Sarah, I wanted to talk to you about something. Osman. I can either stay in the lab or I can teach. I was offered the position a week ago, and I'm not sure I know what I want to do yet."

ENTRANCE
"Ah, hello Aztec, good evening to you.", the bi-colored man greeted back.

Talos backed off a bit, letting himself relax, but only marginally. "I tend to be bit more then protective of my family, but I'm sure you can understand Mr. Mulder. Please don't hold it against me." He said this with a bit of a smile, "Though I must say, you're dressed if attending a ball, and not a public festival. Not bad looking though, though not quite my style personally."

"That is an honor I have not yet had the chance to experience yet. I have relatively been on light duty. Last operation was an incursion to a local abandoned space station in this system.", Armora admitted after their handshake. The clone stepped back to stand beside Jacky before a familiar voice caused her head to turn quickly towards Aztec. "Hello Aztec, it is...nice..to see you here tonight. I believe that is the correct term?", she said with the faintest whisper of a smile on her lips.

ROOFTOP
"Not really Elisys, just pulling over watch for someone. So sorry to disappoint on that note.", he said to the hyper girl before turning to miss black riding hood just off to the side of him.

Lazarus gave a deep chuckle, "Lady, you hang around and I'll be willing to. Beats sitting up here silently twiddling my thumbs, granted....," he looked back to Elisys for a moment, "Silence was lost pretty early there." The man pulled a duffel out from under the duct he had been sitting on and quickly put the three pieces that was a Black Rose AMR together from it. He then leaned the rifle against the duct between them, "Might need that, here for the same reason, though replace sister with daughter. Lazarus by the way."

STALLS
Neera cracked a smile at that, "Boy, I already have plenty of entertainment when you're around. Besides, if I don't keep my eyes on you, then who will?" She gave a soft giggle as she hugged him back, "I love it, thank you." A slight buzz could be heard, but she ignored it, one of a few things that had been bothering her lately. Among cold flashes, strange sounds, and itching/irritation at random times. The wolf girl chalked it up to just getting back to being normal after her coma.

"You two are such a cute couple. So I hear you both have time off now, suppose you two are gonna....get personal with all that free time?", Nora commented with a sly grin. "I swear you two might as well be in a romance novel. boy meets girl, girl falls ill, boy races to awaken sleeping beauty. It's almost like a fairy tale."

CROWD
Whisper gave a grin under the helmet, "Usual work, though figured I'd browse the stalls for a bit if you want to join me. Was just a few items, mostly just trinkets here though." The suited man, felt lighter with her around, like some weight had suddenly disappeared in her presence. "Reminds me of the festivals I used to watch for the solstices, and equinoxes. Lively, so many people, and such cheery atmosphere.", Whisper mused aloud as the setup and decorations having such similarities.

Kessler chuckled at the greeting, and returning the kiss, "It is now, though this year is the first for it. Though it is quite lively indeed, almost reminds me of the smaller ones the tribe use to hold for ceremonies and holidays ever so often. I remember one where my parents would take local fruit from the desert and slowly bake them in a home made syrup that would cause the sugar and juice to caramelize. It was such a nice treat, and I do have a few stashed in a stasis crate in the hold, might make some of those if you don't mind maybe lending me a hand in the kitchen some time?"

The sight of bare thighs was a sight he had seen from her before, particularly with her episode of sleep walking back when her ship had been pulled from the void. It suddenly begged a question in his mind that, quite frankly, made him slightly nervous. "By the way, you look beautiful in that poncho, I hope you're dressed warm enough under there. I can always give you my jacket if you get cold."

LAZY CHAIRS
Jack kicked back with that bit of business which never seemed to end, done at least for the moment. An eyebrow was raised however as Adi asked where Sonia was. To be honest, the girl was usually glued to Adi's side, and therefore surprising that she wasn't at the moment. "I don't know actually, I actually figured she was with you.", Jack admitted after glancing around.

A sigh could be heard as a pair of arms were suddenly around Adi's thighs, "I am right where I need to be, sorry babe, made a detour to grab something. Hi Mr. Pine, having fun?"

Jack gave a look that said really?, "Hello Sonia, do you really need to be down there hugging my daughter's rear?" When his question was met with a muffled "Yes.", the white haired man gave a sigh. He turned his head to watch he parade for a moment as it passed around their curve of the park, ["Hey Lena, don't parade all night, still need time to relax yourself. Consider it a royal order."] he messaged the new tanker.

"You do what you want to do, whatever makes you happy. I'm surprised you'd be stepping down, but I understand. I actually thought about retiring eventually, but that doesn't seem like an option for me just yet. With this, we'd have more time as a family.", Sarah responded after thinking on that for a moment. She gave a giggle after as Michael reached for her hand, "I gotta say we made some beautiful looking kids, and I look forward to seeing what they do when they accomplish when they're older. I have a feeling, they'll have a number of surprises for their mommas if this family is any indication."

Last edited:
The Crowd

Harmony smiled at the thought of a treat from Kessler's past and nodded eagerly.

"Deal! I'll help you with that, as long as you help me out with a little project of my own. My family used to know Barry Berog, who was a big-time brewer on Lor. Long story short, if I can get some of the old Lorath crops growing again, I might... be able to brew up a special batch of some really good alcohol."

She was all smiles as she blushed a little before she nodded.

"I run really hot, so I'm fine! Besides, you guys are a lot more clothed than we usually are. I gotta say this is pretty fun learning about other cultures, but maybe later I can show you how we celebrate?" Harmony asked, a little too boldly for her own likes as she tilted her head and raised her eyebrows with a little smile. Sure, Internally she was screaming at how dorky and corny she sounded, but outwardly she seemed pretty composed.

ENTRANCE

Craig nodded toward Talos " To be honest, I didn't know what to dress on, having been warned of the presence of high ranking officers I just decided to go for this", He then turned towards Aztec and his eyes started to scan the never seen before humanoid, but not before saluting the major " One moment , sir".
The mercenary made few steps to reach Aztec and went for an handshake " Craig Mulder, mercenary in contracted service to Lord Pine.
Indulge my rarely explicit curiosity, but I've never seen one of your kind before, what planet of origin are you from?" He said in a serious tone as always.

ROOFTOPS

“Ah, well, if you ever need to a distraction, I got something right here!” She pulls out two disk-like objects from off her person. “I call them ‘audio-disruptors’. Just set the volume and throw them down and BANG! You get a high-pitch sound that will either confuse or hamper your opponent!” Elisys sets it to its lowest setting and drops it. It starts to scream on impact and continues before she shuts it down “What do you think?”

Aztec nodded his equine head acknowledging the Commander’s greeting before first addressing Armora. “That is indeed the correct term to use, and might I add the feeling is mutual, Armora!” He replied, thinking <Whoever you took your advice for dressing for tonight, they have really good taste...>
He then turned his attention to the unknown man, who’d introduced himself as one Craig Mulder, shaking the proffered hand. He smirked, with humor then replied. “Nepleslia. Born and raised, so I’m nothing new to you, though the body is. Was one hell of a suprise waking up on the Anvil in the body of an anthro horse, for sure. As both Major Talos and Armora have said, I’m Aztec. I believe I have heard of you, Mr. Mulder, you’ve made a name for yourself in mercenary circles, if you are the one I’ve heard of.”

"It's not like I want to retire, Sarah. It's just that some days it seems like you, Harmony, and Spark are raising our kids, and Spark's got a job to do, herself. So does Harmony. I mean, the AIs that run the lab when I'm not around would be linked to someone else, but I just can't be a teacher and a department head at the same time. Not without neglecting our beautiful children or my amazing wife. If I keep that down, I might miss the triplets' first words, or Michael's first steps. I don't want to do that." Rose leaned further into Sarah, smiling as she watched Thistle pull a plastic star off her chair's overhead arch and start gumming it. "And the triplets can be quite a handful. Nadine's breaking bottles, Thistle's ripping apart her high chair, and we get worried if Yilan's quiet."

Lazy Chairs
Adi blushed upon being surprise-thigh-hugged by Sonia. Adi didn't like her new thighs, but she was happy to have them for Sonia. "Y-yes!" Adi blurted out when Jack asked Sonia his question, then she covered her mouth, realizing she just spoke up for a split second. After a few seconds of silence, she removed her hand from her own mouth and tried to look at Sonia. It was difficult for Adi to see Sonia behind her, so her long red fluffy tail wandered around until it found Sonia, then it laid on the cyborg's head. "U-um... S-Sonia... I-I have a present f-for you..." Adi said, trying to reach around to hand her the poorly-wrapped gift, though she found her wings were in the way of giving the small package to her, so she just held it at the side of her butterfly wing.

Entrance

Jacky stayed towards the back of the formation of clones and busied herself by making sure her outfit was smoothed out, running her hands down the black material of the skirt that accentuated her curves before deciding to make the conscious effort to quit fiddling and instead just grip into her purse as the slightly nervous and secretly heterochromatic Jane turned towards the festivities - nobody had really inquired about her anyway so the unique clone began looking around for a flowing head of brightly coloured hair before something caught her attention, causing jacky to turn back towards the current company with one eyebrow raised curiously.

"...did 'Mora just...?" was the mental message Talos solely received from Jacky, the fact Armora had spoken like that... combined with the faint smile~ well it had caught her sister's attention to say the least.

"Good for her~"

Rooftop

"Ugh, too loud," the black-clad redhead made her annoyance known before rising up into a stand to move a few rooftops further down and hopefully not give away her position too much, the body of that offered rifle held firmly in her gasp - well, give it away more than it already had been with those horrid disks. She left with no pleasantries nor even a goodbye, Ash just did what she needed to do and faded off into the night to watch over her little sister - especially with the armoured guy that was talking to Heather right now as the redhead on the rooftop rested the rifle on a ventilation unit and aimed the crosshairs right on Whisper's stupid helmet.

Stalls

"Well remember then that I've got not reason to want to take my eyes off you, hon, so I'll always be in viewing distance - but you're welcome regardless," David spoke back with a rather innocent looking smile as one of his hands snaked around to rest on one of the wolf's wonderful hips, fingers lightly teasing her taut abdomen as he continued speaking to both women.

"Thank you Nora but whatever made you think we were getting intimate? did our lovely lupine's gait change or something?" the tanned man continued to tease with that innocent demeanour despite the devilish things said voice was implying, though he turned to face the short, pink-haired cybernetic as Haisley approached them.

"He's over there, at least try to play nice, yeah?" he asked the hacker, though truthfully David knew it would be a lost cause as he gestured across to the man in question, currently lazing around some deck chairs.

Crowd

"Well duh, of course I'll do that with you - I came to find you afterall you big oaf~" Heather's voice trailed off as her friendly punch delivered to Whisper's gut was a lot lighter than intended, her golden/green eyes trailing over to the tank that was currently being paraded around before the blonde Nepleslian's metallic grip now shifted to grab Whisper's wrist a lot firmer than you'd think possible from somebody of Heather's size.

"HOOOLY crap, okay we can look at the stalls in a sec, I gotta see this," she half commanded before attempting to drag Whisper closer to the tank, hoping to get a better look at it - ships were still superior in her mind though~ but a rolling fortress? hell, to not find that cool would be unpatriotic and an insult to her bloodline.

Last edited:
Stalls

Haisely visibly shuddered as she accidentally exposed herself to the pair before her getting close, this is exactly why she refused to let people think they were getting close to her, hopefully that blue bartender guy wouldn't try anything since she'd taken his offer for the ride. The pink haired girl thought about it for a moment, he hadn't really shown any signs of someone who was going to try their luck the next time they met, but that didn't mean she wasn't ready to gouge and claw his skin if he tried anything funy. "If he wanted me to be nice he should have asked someone else, glad you found someone else to pour all your, bleh, into." She commented with a wrinkled face while leaving the group and heading over to Jack.

Lawn Chairs

"So what's the emergency now? Try turning it off and on again yet." The pink haired girl said with a rather bored tone, no formality in sight.

ENTRANCE

Craig smirked hearing at the words of Aztec " I used to just do my job and people started to talk about me more and more, you would say is good, but trust me, for certain missions it's not " he said with a mild serious tone. The mercenary took a brief glance at Armora stareing at the anthro and turned back at him " Well I guess is my time to depart, I still have a person who's waiting for me somewhere around here. It has been a pleasure to meet you all, see you later". He felt it was the time to leave them at their own businesses, precisely Armora and Aztec, his experienced mind realized fastly what was the relation between the two.

After saluting everyone he made a wave resembling a military salute towards Talos. As he passed next to Jacky, the elegant man stopped and turned towards the shy woman in a military way " Apologize if I didn't saluted you properly, Miss Jacky, pardon my rudeness" He then turned again in direction of the crowd and left the group.

Last edited:
“Double edged blade, right?” Aztec replied, agreeing with the mercenary’s point. Earning notoriety in that world was indeed one. “Very well, have a good one, friend!” He nodded as Craig departed.

SARAH
The raven haired woman understood, and inwardly felt like a fool for not seeing the larger picture. Just went to show she was still learning what it meant to be a parent, something she vainly had thought she had down. "Then I perfectly understand, you do what you need to do, for our family. Hopefully someday soon, I can put down my rifle and join you at home, but that day has not yet come. But with all of us fighting, one day it will be, and this will be the sanctuary that it truly will be for. For us, our family, and the people living here.", Sarah said almost poetically, making it clear where Jack had gotten his skill for charismatic speeches from. That fact dawned on her and it made the Gesherin giggle, "Goddess, I'm starting to sound like my son."

WHISPER
"Woah, wait for me, the body has to catch up to that hand.", the armored man joked as he followed after Heather's lead. Her excitement was infectious, and knew he had felt similar when seeing the advanced war machines of Section 6. The Hydra's being one of the particularly oldest, but by only a couple years. As they reached the parade, the sidewalks had become a bit more populated here, as others looked upon the proud machines that fought for them.

"You know, if this stuff excites you so much, we could just go tour the vehicle garage. Jeeps, APCs, Mecha, and of course tanks. If I knew you liked it so much, I would have offered such a tour sooner.", Whisper offered, admiring the light in her expression, like that of a kid in a candy store.

JACK/SONIA
"Oh, there you are Haisley. I have a offer for you actually, one I hope you'll find interesting. A private tech lab, away from the annoyance of others, and with our best computer systems at your disposal. All I ask for in return is that you watch over the data vaults were building, and handle system maintenance. Wadda ya say?", Jack said giving the teenage girl a pleasant smile as she arrived in her usual snarky manner.

Sonia's face was suddenly leaning around the girl's hip with a smile, "That's good, because I got you one as well. Well two, but that one is kind of a mutual gift. So without further adieu."

The blonde young woman stood up and took a few steps before picking up a medium rectangular package from behind the nearest lawn chair where she had stashed it. Coming back over, she almost shyly even for her and with a bit of a blush, offered it to Adi. As she held it forward, the girl took advantage of her enhanced reflexes to quickly lean in and kiss Adi on the lips.

Jack's eyebrow twitched slightly as he watched this out of the corner of his vision.

NEERA/NORA
"Because we girl's talk, particularly among family, besides she wanted advice on a certain someone she likes. I may have brought up us, so yes she knows. As for gait, that wasn't the only thing that changed, I wear skirts more often for you if you would notice.", the wolf girl teased right back, brushing a hand against his cheek as she spoke.

This frazzled Nora, having such information shared openly about her love life. "Wait, now hold on a minute, I don't even know if it's even anything serious yet....Because I'm bad at telling those kinds of things, and we've only slept together once."

"Now that you failed to mention, but as for seriousness, I don't know about that. I barely know the guy, but he came off as bit cold when I first met him. What do you think David, sound like a iffy one?", Neera said with a sly smile, poking the girl further. She loved her niece, her father not so much, but she was genuinely curious on the state of such a relationship. Something the buzzing in her ear did not help with thinking on.

KESSLER
"Sounds fair enough to me, and I look forward to that. I do admit, the sheer number of cultures here can be a bit much at once for some. But very fascinating when you get comfortable enough to dive into them. They're evident in events like thisthe though, in what the stalls offer, from knick knacks to food.", the spy agreed as he briefly looked around at them, sad to see no trace of his own culture. He turned back to Harmony however and smiled, "But speaking of those stalls, which you want to hit up first?"

Rose took the opportunity to turn in Sarah's arms, their son now between them as she glanced down. "I know you'll come home to me for good one day. We'll be waiting."

With that, she snaked one arm up, around and behind Sarah's head, drawing her in. Their foreheads met for the barest moment, a light touch that sent sparks up Rose's spine. Rose could feel her eyes close as her Geist connected with Sarah's digital mind, sharing sensations, whispers of thoughts, and emotions. Warmth, hope, and safety radiating from the connection, Rose's chin moved, her head turning up to press her lips to Sarah's.

Michael had managed to get to Sarah's ring, and a trick of the sun caused the hologram to flicker in weakly. Designed to be fired by a red laser, intense light from some bauble Rose or Sarah wore gave it just enough power to show the flash and their first kiss as wives. An image that Michael swiped and played with.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back